• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I begin my re-read of Y: The Last Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

I've been meaning to pick this up, since I never read it but am enjoying Saga right now.

I've always heard about it, but never read it.

Voras

I haven't read it in years but I remember loving it. Also people are right, it's crazy that this hasn't been adapted for TV yet.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Loved it until the ending.
Not what happened with Agent 355, that's fine, but the really, really terrible epilogue.

B0K98fc.gif

Catshade

Love the comic, but one thing I don't like in the end is
Yorick's sister and his not-fiancee having a relationship out of nowhere
. Like, there's no build-up to that at all!

Dalek

Made it to issue 16 tonight. It's a tough book to put down.

the Hot Suite bunker/astronaut arc is so good.

I wonder if they ever do the adaptation if they'll move the timeline up to present day.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Need to do a reread as well at some point. This is one of the only series I've read from beginning to end with no real pause in between. Vaughan knows his cliffhangers, it's one addictive read.

I read Saga in trades and it's been a great journey so far.

In my opinion its extremely overrated. I'm not sure what it was that didn't click with me but i just found it all a bit silly. I never thought that any of the character reacted like real people in that situation.

Bit-Bit

Also my most favorite comic series. The moment I turned the page and was greeted with the destruction from the event, I was hooked. To this day it's still one of the best anything at depicting women as real characters and not as dressing.

Fucking love it.

I loved it. I found it had a really nice blend of humor action and serious moments, and well developed characters. My favorite character was 355 so you can imagine
how it felt when she was shot
. I probably should read it again too.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I have absolutely no idea how this hasn't managed to receive a fully fledged film or tv series adaptation yet.

One of the very few iconic, widely popular comics with an inherently original premise that hasn't been done before in either of those respective mediums.

Seriously, what's the hold up?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Love the comic, but one thing I don't like in the end is
Yorick's sister and his not-fiancee having a relationship out of nowhere
. Like, there's no build-up to that at all!

Yeah that was pretty dumb, I agree. Also I never really liked that
the explanation for why all the men died was never really explained. It's like, he had this really neat premise for a setting, but knew that it didn't quite make any plausible sense, so he decided to never bother explaining it... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom