• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson have tested positive for Coronavirus

NYR

EXCLUSIVE: We have just received word that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were tested positive for the Coronavirus. Both were down in Australia for the pre-production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley film from Warner Bros. In the film, two-time Oscar winner Hanks plays Presley’s longtime manager Colonel Tom Parker.

Deadline received a statement directly from Hanks:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!” – Tom Hanks

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

giphy.gif

MastAndo

Had a similar effect to hearing about Kobe..... WHAT THE FUCK!!!! bummed me out
Jesus, dude, it's not even close to that.

Not that I would ever wish illness upon anyone, but I think it'll be great for our collective psyche to hear of a few famous people contracting it and ending up none worse for wear. Then again, that'll likely be attributed to their having a fuckton of money.

Hinedorf

Banned

Not that I would ever wish illness upon anyone, but I think it'll be great for our collective psyche to hear of a few famous people contracting it and ending up none worse for wear. Then again, that'll likely be attributed to their having a fuckton of money.

So if he dies in the next few weeks you gonna retract this shit like you have any idea where I'm coming from?

I grew up watching Hanks through the 80's and was an instant Kobe fan his rookie year for my favorite basketball team. You hear breaking news and it's shocking, that's it

There's no cure for this virus and he's fairly old I only hope for the best.

MastAndo

So if he dies in the next few weeks you gonna retract this shit like you have any idea where I'm coming from?

I grew up watching Hanks through the 80's and was an instant Kobe fan his rookie year for my favorite basketball team. You hear breaking news and it's shocking, that's it

There's no cure for this virus and he's fairly old I only hope for the best.
Sure, if that makes you feel better. I just don't think someone contracting an illness that has a very small chance of killing him is in anyway comparable to someone dying in a fiery helicopter crash along with his young daughter.

...but no need to bicker about it, or for me to question how something makes you feel. I love the man as well, and wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.

This is exactly why I think this is bullshit.

Celebs get it, people trust celebs because the media narrative isn't taking effect.

I don't believe any of this corona virus shit.

Think about the close knit, tight social circle that Tom Hanks has. How has he got it yet noone else has? If he has it and its as contagious as people say, then most of Hollywood has it.

Yet his and Rita's is an isolated case... It makes no sense.

If the virus doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Or this is ground work for Philidelphia 2: corona buggaloo

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Think about the close knit, tight social circle that Tom Hanks has. How has he got it yet noone else has? If he has it and its as contagious as people say, then most of Hollywood has it.

They prowbably do have it

Papa

Banned

ok Weilthain

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i read some books on the Black Plague a few years ago. the most horrifying thing was that it didn't care who you were, it struck down young, old, poor, rich, religious, heretic, no one was safe.

bitbydeath

Gold Member

M6Yb.gif

Top Bottom