• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: DICE studio is moving to their next title, which is expected to be another Battlefield title and not Battlefront III

Concern

Great so when the game releases in a broken state (and it will).... we're going to wait months for issues to be addressed

JoeBudden

Great so when the game releases in a broken state (and it will).... we're going to wait months for issues to be addressed

We had to wait over a year for BF4 to be fully fixed, and that was the last cross-gen BF before this one.

Looks like we're in for another BF4 situation. Hopefully the game is as good as BF4 a year from now, though.

Kacho

Says the guy who fell for the most obvious fake Switch gameplay of the GTA games.
Huh? I just reposted a video I saw elsewhere. Weird dig. Guess I touched a nerve.

Look man, if dropping $60 on a broken game with awful gunplay appeals to you, have fun. Sounds like Dice is going to keep making this garbage for you. Might want to check out the GTA Trilogy as well while you’re at it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Huh? I just reposted a video I saw elsewhere. Weird dig. Guess I touched a nerve.

Look man, if dropping $60 on a broken game with awful gunplay appeals to you, have fun. Sounds like Dice is going to keep making this garbage for you. Might want to check out the GTA Trilogy as well while you’re at it.
LMAO sure man.

You said something stupid and I called you out. Now you're resorting to "game bad".

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

We had to wait over a year for BF4 to be fully fixed, and that was the last cross-gen BF before this one.

Looks like we're in for another BF4 situation. Hopefully the game is as good as BF4 a year from now, though.
Hmm it was fixed by the spring for me on PC/PS4.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
200.gif

EDMIX

So they already gave up on BF2042? Makes sense going by how bad it looks.

? huh?

Soooo you do know DICE is many studios right? The main studio moves on to other projects, the other half handles the DLC, updates etc. Its been like that for generations, but it seems many gamers are deeply uneducated about their own hobby.

JayK47 JayK47 Well they made some mode for them, they are the ones that did the BR mode for BFV last time. Many times work on a BF title as I finding many don't realize this based on how popular DICE is.

The main DICE team in Europe does the meat of BF, its updates, support, and lots of DLC gets done by DICE LA and Criterion does modes, support, EA Motive did like some of the single player stuff like they did for Battlefront 2. So its a whole host of teams depending on mode, feature etc.

captainraincoat captainraincoat lolz not you buddy! NOOOOOO! Did you really not know that most teams don't actually have the WHOLE TEAM just stay back to support?

Thats not how any of this works, for really any major team. As in we literally just got new content for BFV, yet clearly we are getting BF2042 in a few days..... we even got BF1 in 2016 and Battlefront 2 in 2017, then BFV in 2018...how the fuck did you think any of that was done? In 1 year? by 1 team? The teams are split and they have several support teams, as in what ever the other half of DICE that has been working on some new game is doing, they have been doing it during BF2042's development, the other half will join them or work on some different project, a support team like DICE LA will continue with DLC, updates etc.

Why would you ask the writer, artist, director etc to stay behind to work on updates? Their job has been done for months and they generally move on to another project. It doesn't mean the game lost support, it means the team that does that support isn't going to be the main team, but that has been the case for generations.

So with DICE LA doing a mode with this game, I don't know if they'll be the team that continues that support as I hear they are moving on to some new game.

Either way, some support team will do those updates, that isn't generally done by the whole main team, thats like thinking all the members of Rockstar North work on GTA V dlc lol How the fuck did we get Red Dead Redemption 2? You think.....you think maybe they have a team that just does that stuff while the work on other games or? Just maybe....

On topic as not to waste a post.

Some of this is obvious. We know Criterion moved back on Need For Speed and we know that DICE LA is doing a new game, only new take on this is Battlefield instead of Battlefront 3. I'm a bit doubtful of this as this rumor is trying to go based off of Star Wars being now open license, but that never stated ZERO Star Wars games would be made at EA.

Another thing to take from this is that the part of DICE that worked on BF 2042, will likely clearly work on a new Battlefield as that half knows that and has been doing that, it doesn't factor that the other half has likely been working on Battlefront 3, as to why the team that just did BF2042, wouldn't do Battlefront 3, thats already happening with their other team and they'd kick start development of the next gen BF title.

The actors have already been spotted doing mocap work....in LA....as in...the same place they did it last time at DICE LA for Battlefront 2.

So its likely been in development for years and probably started after Battlefront 2. Would not be shocked at a reveal spring 2022 for a fall 2022 release.

Last edited:

elliot5

y'all they don't need 7 studios working on the game after launch. It'll be ok for Criterion and so on to roll off and leave post-launch support to the core teams.

CheeseCake

A sequel to Battlefield 2142 would be awesome (and hopefully, it''s what they're going for next).

Or maybe a remaster / remake of Battlefield 2 would be pretty sick too!

We'll see how well my comment ages!

Top Bottom