• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: XSS specs (20CU at 1.55Ghz ≈ 3.97TF, similar CPU to XSX, PCIe4 SSD ,, >250W, 10GB of ram and no disk drive)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Reading through this persons tweets.....I wouldnt bother posting their rumors on here.

P.S No way the Series S is cheaper or equal in price to the PS5DE lest they are really hoping to steal the casual market with people who dont know which console is more powerful....it could work.
Their marketing keeps talking about most powerful console, but thats not about the Series S.

I think it's the following:

-XSX $499 (slight loss = but that graph lately shows $++ suggests $599, and expected less production = more money).
-XSS $299 (should've not been discless, it's pretty expensive for the casuals at that price with no way to buy/borrow used discs. They should go for $249 at least).
-PS5 $499-449 (slight profit/small loss = meeting AMD's roadmap of only 36-40CU max, 3D stack, and opens the door for a 36+36CU PS5 Pro few years later to make it even cheaper with a chiplet/stack).
-PS5DE $399-349 (small loss-much more loss = locked to digital store and 30% cut).

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I think it's the following:

-XSX $499 (slight loss = but that graph lately shows $++ suggests $599, and expected less production = more money).
-XSS $299 (should've not been discless, it's pretty expensive for the casuals at that price with no way to buy/borrow used discs. They should go for $249 at least).
-PS5 $499-449 (slight profit/small loss = meeting AMD's roadmap of only 36-40CU max, 3D stack, and opens the door for a 36+36CU PS5 Pro few years later to make it even cheaper with a chiplet/stack).
-PS5DE $399-349 (small loss-much more loss = locked to digital store and 30% cut).
Yea I'm going with:
SX $600
PS5 $500
PS5 DE $400
SS $300

Neo_game

Its actually a good idea, 1440p still looks very good, and if they can hit a price point and deliver decent games loading with a fast ssd it could do very well. Its a lot less taxing on the system than 4k, you might be surprised how well that system coukd handle it.

I'm still left in the dark though, will lockheart support an xbox one x mode? Just wondering how they are going to deal with backwards compatibility.......a lockheart that plays xbox one games in original xbox one mode vs xbox one x mode would be a fail in my eyes.

The S will be used as a base console for next gen. If they target 1440P then they will have to sacrifice gfx fidelity and will invariably have impact on X and PS5 as well. Because it will only get resolution upgrade to 4K and better RT or reflection only.

Top Bottom