• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered Includes Racial and Ethnic Stereotypes Warning From Crystal Dynamics

Draugoth

Gold Member
40202f024b6ec3a3de0c3b41e11fc7f89bfa585aad895e40.png

Crystal Dynamics has added a content warning to Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered flagging what it described as racial and ethnic stereotypes.

Here is the message in full:

“The games in this collection contain offensive depictions of people and cultures rooted in racial and ethnic prejudices. These stereotypes are deeply harmful, inexcusable, and do not align with our values at Crystal Dynamics.
"Rather than removing this content, we have chosen to present it here in its original form, unaltered, in the hopes that we may acknowledge its harmful impact and learn from it.”

tr-1707840863333.jpg

Elysium44

Banned
I dunno what ya'll are up in arms about. It's infinitely better than them changing the game or removing content.

How about doing neither, just leave it as it is, and ignore the tiny minority who complain.

I wonder if Resident Evil 5 remake will feel it necessary to have a warning too, or maybe they'll just make all the zombies white this time.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I dunno what ya'll are up in arms about. It's infinitely better than them changing the game or removing content.
You are getting dumped on but I agree, I would far rather have to look at a warning for a couple of seconds than have stuff “modernized”. This trend of editing old novels, movies and other media is insane, it’s full blown Orwellian.

Artistic works should be protected against this.
Anyone editing an old work of art should be required to immediately move the old version into the public domain and lose all copyright privileges on the original text/video/game. Yes this should also apply to games where content is cut in patches.

Laptop1991

Played the originals, i didn't care or even notice then and i don't care now, they are great games, and their messaging is just irritating, it doesn't help anyone, wish they were in the game for Lara to shoot at lol

Top Bottom