• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered Includes Racial and Ethnic Stereotypes Warning From Crystal Dynamics

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
You can disagree with the people having concerns, my point is as a business these guys have picked the best way to placate those concerns without affecting the integrity of the original content. Is that not the ideal scenario?
The best scenario would be to do nothing and just release the game. Placating mentally deranged individuals serves no purpose other than pissing off fans.

Sephimoth

You can disagree with the people having concerns, my point is as a business these guys have picked the best way to placate those concerns without affecting the integrity of the original content. Is that not the ideal scenario?
I would prefer no message. But the message they do have is too aggresive and accusatory towards the original devs (and players), like Crystal Dynamics are on some higher plane talking down to people who just handed them money. Weak

okay, so you've got one group of people who, while not actually offended themselves, feel obligated to be offended on behalf of 'people' who are. & you've got another group of people who, while not actually offended themselves, feel obligated to apologize to those 'people'. now, as to whether or not these 'people' really exist in the first place? there's no knowing. they themselves are hardly ever heard from. they exist primarily as a necessary element to prop up this vapid, empty, never-ending theatrical ritual that both these other groups of people seem to enjoy so much...

Whitecrow

Banned
Their mistake is speaking like if stereotypes beiong offensive is a fact. Also, yes, calling og creators all that bullshit.
They try to do things right, but still make themselves look like retards.

Yes, you can skip it and move on, but why cant we talk about the bullshit they put in their games?

Top Bottom