• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Rome 2 |OT| I Came, I Saw, I Came

Lingitiz

Still shocked that most reviewers with the exception of a few(PCGamesN, Angry Joe, etc) seem to have put no real time into the game or somehow didn't experience the myriad of issues present or comment on the features removed. Guess big battles, like woah man, override all issues.

Can't say I regret getting the game though, only paid about $30 and without a doubt it will be expanded upon and improved in the coming months. It just feels unfinished sadly.
Kinda just the reality of the review cycle. Reviews for these types of games often read more like fact sheets than actual criticism, which I do understand since the demands of timeliness mixed with a lack of knowledge of the genre kinda prevent that.

Look at reviews like Diablo 3 for example. You'll never get a decent picture of the game from reviewers because they aren't the ones who are gonna dive deep into the mechanics and understand why certain things don't work. The same goes for Rome 2 also. Some reviewers simply aren't going to understand the lack of challenge or broken AI and features without understanding the way the game is intended to work.

Still shocked that most reviewers with the exception of a few(PCGamesN, Angry Joe, etc) seem to have put no real time into the game or somehow didn't experience the myriad of issues present or comment on the features removed. Guess big battles, like woah man, override all issues.

This can be said for many games.

Can't say I regret getting the game though, only paid about $30 and without a doubt it will be expanded upon and improved in the coming months. It just feels unfinished sadly.
Take a look at CVG's review, it's like they played a different game.

Kainazzo

Managed to subdue the Senate Loyalists and turn into an empire. I was thinking it was going to be much harder, but parking armored legionaries in front of the main gate and letting boiling oil take care of the rest still let me win 4:1 odds.

Apparently the Roman Empire receives a -10% upkeep and -25% corruption trait, while keeping the Republic gives you nothing. Is there really no reason to stay as a republic?

hittman

Banned
Saw SEGA was publishing, lol'd, will buy when it's $15 or less on a steam sale

as for the reviews, i'd like it if the general public got the same version as the press reviewers get, since there seem to be massive discrepancies between the responses

demolitio

Managed to subdue the Senate Loyalists and turn into an empire. I was thinking it was going to be much harder, but parking armored legionaries in front of the main gate and letting boiling oil take care of the rest still let me win 4:1 odds.

Apparently the Roman Empire receives a -10% upkeep and -25% corruption trait, while keeping the Republic gives you nothing. Is there really no reason to stay as a republic?

You're lucky Maximus the Merciful didn't come after your ass for ruining the republic.

cripterion

So came back to the game after those patches, prologue still runs like crap.
Couple that with the dumb AI making every encounter in the campaign feel repetitive and worthless, I guess I'm pretty much done with this game.

All the games I've been looking forward to on pc have been such a disappointment, Diablo 3, Sim City 5, CoH2, Arma3, and now this. Sigh :(

FACE

Banned
So came back to the game after those patches, prologue still runs like crap.
Couple that with the dumb AI making every encounter in the campaign feel repetitive and worthless, I guess I'm pretty much done with this game.

All the games I've been looking forward to on pc have been such a disappointment, Diablo 3, Sim City 5, CoH2, Arma3, and now this. Sigh :(

Europa Universalis IV is damn good, you should've hyped that instead.

The weirdest thing I have encountered so far is playing Co-op with my brother in the same room, and as I spectate one of his battles. The whole 10 minute battle plays out completely different on my screen. He wins the siege on his and captures the settlement, while on mine he had a crushing defeat and his army legs it across the campaign map.

How the hell does that happen?

Hari Seldon

Why the hell is the campaign map such a bitch to run? It's just a static map FFS!

I dunno. This might be the worst optimized / coded game I have seen since the early 00s. EU4 probably has 1/10th the budget of this game and their campaign map runs like butter and looks better with 50 million more things going on.

DrBo42

Senator Soufflé;81430429 said:
The weirdest thing I have encountered so far is playing Co-op with my brother in the same room, and as I spectate one of his battles. The whole 10 minute battle plays out completely different on my screen. He wins the siege on his and captures the settlement, while on mine he had a crushing defeat and his army legs it across the campaign map.

How the hell does that happen?

It's called desync. Your instance of the game is no longer shared. Completely different events will happen as a result.

Edit: To clarify at some point your machines stop talking to each other and now you're in two completely separate games.

demolitio

So I can't run Shogun 2 now... It launches to black screen then just back to desktop :/

Rome 2 is so buggy that it ends up breaking all other TW games on your PC too? :p

I'm excited. The Great War released on Napoleon in August and I just now realized it so I'm getting ready to try it out. I think a WWI TW game would be decent based off of Fall of the Samurai's enhancements.

Dragooon

Neo Member
I've been playing a lot of Rome 2 lately and it's fun, but certainly needs the damn bugs fixed. I'm hoping a few patches will fix the performance (also, my shiny new GTX760 is on the way :D) and improve the AI, currently Macedon@Hard and I'm steamrolling everyone...

Armies are now limited in number based on the amount of provinces you hold. This is intended to make deploying armies more of a major decision, as well as likely reducing the amount of battles that can be easily won through autoresolving. In previous titles, an easy late game strategy would be to simply overwhelm opponents with endless stacks of units. Rome 2's armies consist of up to 40 units (both land and naval).
That's wrong, you can have up to 40 units under control in a battle but armies are still limited to 20 units.

Lingitiz

I've been playing a lot of Rome 2 lately and it's fun, but certainly needs the damn bugs fixed. I'm hoping a few patches will fix the performance (also, my shiny new GTX760 is on the way :D) and improve the AI, currently Macedon@Hard and I'm steamrolling everyone...

That's wrong, you can have up to 40 units under control in a battle but armies are still limited to 20 units.

Sorry, I wrote that based on pre-release info so I'm sure there's a ton of inaccuracies in the OP now that the game is out. My vague tidbit about the AI is also kinda funny thinking about it now. I think we all knew it wouldn't be great, but I couldn't have expected it to be this bad out of the box.

Inversive

I don't mean to be a downer but I have issues with my 760 and performance, hopefully that optimisation patch won't be far away :)

demolitio

I don't mean to be a downer but I have issues with my 760 and performance, hopefully that optimisation patch won't be far away :)

I think damn near every combination of hardware is having issues right now regardless of CA downplaying the issue but it says a lot that performance is at the top of the list for the patches.

I'm debating on continuing to play right now or go back to the WWI mod on Napoleon until the next patch hits. Besides the performance issues, the AI has annoyed me so much that it sucked some of the fun out of it for me. It's still a good game and I enjoy it, but I know I'll have so much more fun after they work some of the major kinks out so I just hope it doesn't take too long. I tend not to overreact to bugs or a few AI problems, but when a city of mine gets attacked 4 times in a row by an army that's outnumbered 2600 to 262, I get a little annoyed. When the AI is so bad right now that they don't have the common sense not to attack someone that has 2000 more units than you and is sitting in their city, there's a fucking problem...lol

CA really needs to get the momentum going in their favor because they only hurt themselves with this launch and the bad word of mouth is hard to lose without addressing the major issues ASAP and pleasing the vocal people. Everyone knows a TW game is known to have bugs, but they at least expect to run it reasonably and have fun in grand campaign but when the AI is so dumb that it ruins the main feature of the game, you're in trouble.

Fun game with some improvements but also a lot of steps back from the latest evolutions in the TW formula which people got used to combined with a rushed launch full of bugs and performance issues. This game could be great but it all depends on CA's humility and ability.

Beepos

My first Total War game and ... and, well i LOVE it. I can't compare it to past titles so maybe I'm lucky in that regard.

Game is running decent enough for me to enjoy it, though like everyone I cry for my optimization. I don;t know why the campaign map struggles so hard to hold frames.

I still don't understand half the shit of what I'm doing or building, but Sparta is killing people nicely.

One thing I super hate is the time it takes for a turn to end. It's the only thing that keeps my motivation down in playing into the wee hours.

demolitio

My first Total War game and ... and, well i LOVE it. I can't compare it to past titles so maybe I'm lucky in that regard.

Game is running decent enough for me to enjoy it, though like everyone I cry for my optimization. I don;t know why the campaign map struggles so hard to hold frames.

I still don't understand half the shit of what I'm doing or building, but Sparta is killing people nicely.

One thing I super hate is the time it takes for a turn to end. It's the only thing that keeps my motivation down in playing into the wee hours.

The turn time was one of the major points of focus in future patches and I believe they said they already found something to speed it up but yea, that limits my playtime as well since it just gets so damn old when I rather be playing nonstop.

fritolay

It would be funny and awful big of them to admit to the problems (compared to saying 2% of users are having issues that it's still 2% too much). I wish they clarified on what they're overhauling unless I missed that. Have you seen any other good info from CA? I've mostly been on the mod forum so I'm missing things that aren't posted here...lol

It's just hard for all sides because it's a series we're all so passionate about and a game that had us hyped all year waiting for launch just to have it deflated by issues and design decisions. I think ALL of us would have accepted at least a few months delay if it gave us a better experience at launch. We expect issues for a TW game launch thanks to TW's history, but not to this level and not outside of performance issues and bugs for the most part.

I can see the good things in this game and it's hurts me that much more to have those good things overshadowed by some of the overwhelmingly bad things. The design problems are evident even in the UI where things that finally came together in Shogun 2 are now back to being a pain in the ass and a semi-complex system but with a streamlined UI is now a system with broken or annoying mechanics with plenty of issues that's ALSO accompanied by an annoying UI that is more complex to do the same things you could do easily in Shogun 2.

I have faith that this game can turn around, but they really shot themselves in the foot (with a javelin) by launching in this state. I actually feel bad for them when I think about how many sales they lost already just by word of mouth when they could have had a better following right away if they just released a little later. The "will wait for sale" crowd is definitely justified for this one.

I'm just getting overly depressed with some of my hardcore PC titles that insist on launching earlier than they should. Between this and ArmA 3, I've never had so many mood swings and love/hate moments each night in gaming. At least Rome 2 came with all modes at launch...LOL

Buggy launch game is just the way it is when you buy a CA game.

demolitio

That's true but I think what most people are complaining about are not bugs but the step back in terms of features UI and AI that Rome 2 is if compared to Shogun 2.

Exactly. There's a difference between a buggy launch and a buggy launch with performance issues that rival Empire along with AI and features that are actually a step back for the series currently.

I thought I illustrated that enough and I wouldn't have gotten it on launch day if the normal TW bugs got to me that much considering I've done it since Rome 1. It's the step backs that make it so much more disappointing at the moment.

THEaaron

Dropped the game for now. The AI dies at some point in the campaign and I just run over countless fractions with just one or two provinces. This feels so wrong.

The turn time was one of the major points of focus in future patches and I believe they said they already found something to speed it up but yea, that limits my playtime as well since it just gets so damn old when I rather be playing nonstop.
They should focus on fixing the campaign map first, runs like ass.

Hystzen

Dropped the game for now. The AI dies at some point in the campaign and I just run over countless fractions with just one or two provinces. This feels so wrong.

Even if Ai still works the unbalance of units irritates after a while where no strategy is needed just charge units done.

Romans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

Dragooon

Neo Member
Sorry, I wrote that based on pre-release info so I'm sure there's a ton of inaccuracies in the OP now that the game is out. My vague tidbit about the AI is also kinda funny thinking about it now. I think we all knew it wouldn't be great, but I couldn't have expected it to be this bad out of the box.

Yeah, neither did I. And I have bought every game since E:TW on pre-order.

KugelBlitz

Neo Member
Having largely dominated the passive AI on Legendary, I finally thought I would be able to achieve victory on Legendary...

My Sparta empire spanned from Greece all the way to France and Germany in the North, and to Spain in the West.

It was a prosperous time, and I had invested roughly 20 hours in the campaign...

..Then the civil war came...

It has completely decimated my empire from within, enabling armies from beyond my borders to close in.

My undefeated armies can not fight back, for they are not only outnumbered but they are also outclassed in terms of the quality by the traitor's troops.

My undefeated armies, have not been worn down by the ravages of men, but by the ravages of time, as my forces slowly wither away due to famine.

My worn-out, yet undefeated armies have finally been defeated...

From over 25 provinces to just 3. And that passive AI I spoke off? Decided that it should kick me while I am down, for over 5 factions have declared war on me while I am in my troubled state.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

...I don't know how to feel...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Patch 2 Beta is out:

Here are the patch notes for Total War: ROME II- Patch 2 (CURRENTLY IN BETA as of 13/09/2013):

Warning: Your current Save Games will work with Patch 2, but Save Games created or overwritten in Patch 2 will be incompatible with previous versions of Total War: ROME II.

Technical and Performance Issues

Campaign performance optimisations.
Campaign AI round time improvements (greatest effect during early game).
A new "Limited" option has been added to the "Show AI Player Moves" settings in Single Player an Multiplayer Campaign modes, this enables the player to see all movement of enemy factions, all movement within the players regions, and all movement within sea that the player has ports in during the AI turns.
Improved AI recruitment decisions in Campaign modes. Further improvements planned for subsequent patches.
Pathfinding optimisation on the Campaign Map.
Fix for "Level of Detail" distances scaling incorrectly when the "Field of View" is changed which reduces the chance of the "Intelligent Zoom" [N] key, causing "zombie like” low quality textures on unit faces in battles.
A new warning message has been added to loading screen to inform the player when graphics memory is running low, and the game is downgrading the players graphics settings. This can be overriden, allowing the game to use system memory for graphics (VRAM) by ticking the "Unlimited video memory" option in the graphics menu.
Increased the frame rate and reduced frame stuttering in battles on certain GPUs.
Improved compatibility for graphics cards with multiple GPUs.
Added earlier Multiplayer Campaign resyncronisation detection, upon loading save games which allows resyncronisation in more cases.
More conservative out-of-the-box graphics settings and resolution for DirectX 10 and 11 on Mobile GPUs
Improved the processing speed of the default deployment placement, reducing battle loading times on some battle maps.
Fixed battle crash bug caused by the default deployment placement.
Crash fix for when the player placed the mouse over a garrison force of a region in Campaign mode.
Fix for crash loading save games that were created on the "settlement captured" screen in Campaign modes.
Fix for a crash when holding the [SHIFT] and [CTRL] keys down, and selecting a unit card, when no unit cards where previously selected in Campaign and Battle modes.
Fix for crash caused by forming a Confederation in Campaign modes.
Some desyncronisations have been fixed in multiplayer city / port assault battles.
Crash fix for when multiple AI reinforcements arrive in a single player siege battle in Campaign mode.
Fix for crash when selecting Custom Battle mode after fighting several different Multiplayer battles.
Fix for a crash in 4v4 custom or multiplayer battles caused by the battle AI.
Fix for crash when cancelling a game request for a password protected game whilst in a Multiplayer battle lobby.
Fix some crashes in multiplayer campaign mode, when one player quit the game, it would cause the other player to crash.
Fixed a Multiplayer crash which happened when a client joined a lobby and was being allocated to the wrong slot.
Fix for a very rare crash when launching a new campaign.
Fixed rare battlefield loading lockup.
Fix for a rare crash caused by animal handlers in battles.
Fix for crash that happens when AI unit triggers raise banner special ability when no human units are selected in battles.

Gameplay Improvements

Reduced infantry run speed, charge speed and acceleration in battles.
The low level casualty moral penalties have been significantly reduced in battles.
Improved balancing for Food and Squalor in Campaign Mode.
Campaign AI is more likely to make a stand when defending its final settlement, but may still seek out another home, if they fear losing the final battle.
Encampments battles are no longer incorrectly merged with Coastal battles, which lead to forts floating in the air when a friendly navy reinforced an army in the Fortification stance.
Improved ship movement speeds in battles.
Shock cavalry run speed and charge speed have been increased in battles.
Increased flanking morale penalties.
Added icons to indicate activity in the Technology and Faction screens during a campaign.
Fix for the boarding/ramming button which showed the incorrect state in certain circumstances in battles.
Fix for a bug that sometimes made it impossible to exchange units between a transported land force and another land force on the Campaign map.
Fix for armies on the sea getting stuck in patrol stance in Campaign modes.
Fixed splitting an embedded army from a navy which sometimes caused the player to get stuck in the Prologue Campaign.
Some missions in single player and multiplayer Campaign have been fixed and now execute correctly.
When a settlement is captured via a siege battle, with a friendly naval fleet blockading its port, the ownership of the port is now changed correctly to the friendly navy fleet on capture.
Fix for AI taking inappropriate sized siege equipment into battle when the user changed the settlement wall height, via the map selection settings, in Custom Battle mode.
Fix for defending armies under AI control grouping together at the edge of their deployment zone, during Ambush battles when the player choses to wait before attacking them.
Improved AI and scripting in the Raphia Historical Battle.
Fixed a bug preventing the player from progressing in The Invasion of Samnium prologue chapter, if they had spent all of their funds before being instructed to recruit a General (and therefore having no funds to do so).
The Attribute increases for an agent accompanying an army now activate its associated effects on the general of that army in Campaign modes.
Improved AI collision detection with Deployables in battle.
In Multiplayer Campaign mode, one player can no longer cancel recruitment during the other players turn.
The order of events leading up to the Battle of Bovianum in the prologue have been re-scripted. The player now gets multiple turns to construct siege equipment.
Fixed issues with not enough time being given for certain advisor lines to play in different languages in the prologue.
Fix for units floating in the air while climbing siege towers in battle, when the tower is placed on a slope.
Attacking siege ladders will no longer clip through the gate house in the siege on Bovianum battle during The Invasion of Samnium chapter in Prologue Campaign.
The victory screen in Multiplayer Campaign mode now shows the correct title for both players.
The Basilica of Vulcan religious building now applies the correct bonus to recruitment cost reduction in Campaign Mode.
Added level indicators to the Sanctuary of Austro & Sanctuary of Fraujaz shrines in Campaign mode and the Encyclopaedia.
Fix for settlement expansion trapping / blocking units movement on the campaign map in very rare cases.
Improved the terrain in a small Barbarian city battle map.
Minor bug fixes for Roman and Barbarian siege battle maps.
During battles, players are no longer able to un-pause the game while in the options menus.

Usability improvements

In Campaign mode, exempting a province from tax will no longer incorrectly adjust the food number in the province info panel left side of the screen.
Improved multiplayer lobby discovery, reducing the chance of finding *multiplayer lobbies with the wrong battle type.
Removed the red tint from the sky in battles.
Fix for "Rome Wasn't Built in a Day" achievement failing to unlock when its requirements were met in some situations.
The "Quaestor" achievement should now unlock correctly, when completing the Prologue campaign
Fixed the inability to select the previous faction, when an army is automatically loaded due to a battle type change during battle setup.
Improved the clarity of stats displayed for Slaves Economic Effect when placing the mouse over "Slaves" in the Province Details panel on the Campaign map.
Fix for rare cases of broken save games in Campaign mode.
Fix for Campaign mode bug, where a hostile agent and the players' ship became stuck in the same position, with neither one able to move.
Fix for very rare agent pathfinding issue, which caused the game progression to become impossible in Campaign modes.
Removed the ability to loading the wrong type of units into a battle from a saved army pre-set in Custom Battle mode.
In Multiplayer battle setup, unit restrictions related to "Battle type" are no longer desynchronised between the host and client, so only the correct units can be chosen.
Defending armies in an Ambush Battle can no longer load an army containing *Fixed Artillery and other Siege Equipment.
Fixed the tooltip displayed when placing the mouse over the garrison in enemy settlements, while the settlement is under siege.
The Public Order "Change per turn" stat is now displayed as the sum of all of its "Contributing Factors" on the Province Info panel in Campaign mode.
Right-clicking on the Aggressive, Balanced and Protective stance buttons when Autoresolving a battle in campaign mode will now take the player to the Encyclopedia, where these stances are explained in more detail.
More detailed descriptions added to the tooltips for the "Occupy, Loot and Raze" buttons after successfully capturing a settlement on the Campaign map.
Improved icons for Province Effects in Campaign mode.
Fixed an error with uploading stats when a multiplayer battle was ended prematurely.
The "Force March" movement effect on the campaign map (looks like a whirlwind) are now correctly removed from the screen when the AI move their army.
Correction to the Assault Hexeres unit card in the Parthia faction during battles, which had no colour mask and appeared black.
The buttons to change pages in the Leaderboards menu have been fixed, so more players can be seen on the Leaderboards.
The Provinces list in Campaign mode can now be scrolled with the mouse wheel.
Units in a recruitment queue, in a province with its capital under siege, now have an "infinity sign" icon to indicate that the "turns to recruit" is infinite while the siege is maintained in Campaign mode.
In the "Controls" menu under the "Settings" option in the main menu, when the player modifies the keyboard controls, and saves them, the new name for these controls is now replaces the "Classic Total War" name.
Added a tooltip to say "Left-click to remove unit from recruitment queue" for units that are queued for hire in Campaign mode.
Added a tooltip to make ruined buildings more obvious in Campaign mode.
Added tooltips to "Weather" and "Time of Day" settings in the Custom Battle menu.
Fixes and corrections for text in the encyclopaedia have been made.
Minor text and grammar corrections in Campaign Modes.
Fix for some German text not fitting into the available text space in the campaign mode user interface.
Improved text formatting in the Objectives panel in Campaign mode.
Added some localisation text fixes for French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish and Turkish.
Fixed some missing text on the Diplomacy screen in Campaign modes.
Added white outline to Armoured Legionaries unit cards in battle.

Inversive

wow, that patch looks fucking awesome! Still not enough for me to boot it up though but it's an excellent start on fixing this turd. I'm planning on playing it again until i get back from holiday at the end of the month so hopefully the next 2 patches will be as beefy, i want to see some unit balance (romans need huge nerf) and removal of blob vs blob combat.

Kainazzo

wow, that patch looks fucking awesome! Still not enough for me to boot it up though but it's an excellent start on fixing this turd. I'm planning on playing it again until i get back from holiday at the end of the month so hopefully the next 2 patches will be as beefy, i want to see some unit balance (romans need huge nerf) and removal of blob vs blob combat.

I'm hoping this rate keeps up and we have something amazing by the time the expansion comes out. Nice to see they aren't averse to making fundamental changes, a family tree might just happen.

Seriously, I became an empire and don't care at all about my emperor. Shouldn't he be important? What about a line of succession? Why can't I flex his political muscles at all? While the end of the civil war gets a video, the formation of an empire doesn't? Just a selection box? Why aren't there any tooltips explaining what forming an empire does?

I think it's a testament to the game that I enjoy it as much as I do despite the problems. I'll have to get the most out the OP Roman units while I can. It's a lot of fun bulldozing through pikemen from the front with Praetorian Calvary. That's gotta be a surprise for those poor Greeks.

Inversive

I'm hoping this rate keeps up and we have something amazing by the time the expansion comes out. Nice to see they aren't averse to making fundamental changes, a family tree might just happen.

Seriously, I became an empire and don't care at all about my emperor. Shouldn't he be important? What about a line of succession? Why can't I flex his political muscles at all? While the end of the civil war gets a video, the formation of an empire doesn't? Just a selection box? Why aren't there any tooltips explaining what forming an empire does?

I think it's a testament to the game that I enjoy it as much as I do despite the problems. I'll have to get the most out the OP Roman units while I can. It's a lot of fun bulldozing through pikemen from the front with Praetorian Calvary. That's gotta be a surprise for those poor Greeks.
I want a family tree too, combined with 2 or 4 turns per year mod i might actually start caring if my family members live or die :p

Kainazzo

I want a family tree too, combined with 2 or 4 turns per year mod i might actually start caring if my family members live or die :p

I should try out that mod, but I hear it's not compatible with pre-modded saves. Is that true? Would be nice to see what the higher level skills are. For seasons, CA doesn't even have to implement them graphically, they could just up desert attrition in the summer and tundra attrition in the winter or something.

Inversive

I should try out that mod, but I hear it's not compatible with pre-modded saves. Is that true? Would be nice to see what the higher level skills are. For seasons, CA doesn't even have to implement them graphically, they could just up desert attrition in the summer and tundra attrition in the winter or something.

I'm not sure I haven't played the game in ages, i'll link you the page with all the mods, it should be on the first page.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1990-Total-War-Rome-II-Mod-Threads

also maybe it might have to be updated for the 2.0 patch if you have the beta, idk :p

Lingitiz

Those patch notes are fucking ridiculous. Good on CA for keeping at it.

Reading around and people are reporting really fast turn times. Apparently the mod also works with Radious too.

Lingitiz

Turn speeds are so fast now. I never found them overly terrible before but now the clans scroll so fast that you can barely see them.

Lingitiz

Oh nice, time to hop back in. That was my biggest gripe.

There's a new limited mode too that shows only movement in your territory and skips everything else.

Battles are definitely taking longer (I uninstalled the Radious mod just to be sure), but I'll keep playing and updating on the changes in AI unit maintenance and behavior.

One thing I'm liking is the little exclamation mark on the technologies page if you're not researching anything. It also has a number there for how many turns your research will take. Again, it's such an obvious little thing but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Top Bottom