• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: WARHAMMER III coming day 1 to Game Pass for PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hoooooooly shit ! That is unexpected

confused tonight show GIF

For at least the next full year I might never turn off my Series X.
There is that pesky need to add PS+ and epic free stuff to library.

That Sega company has plenty of games on Game Pass already and has for a while.

And why wouldn't that just be further proof that something had been brewing between Xbox and Sega, and the announcement of the strategic alliance between Microsoft and Sega only made it more public and official what might be taking place, especially considering Sega's devs have even been helping make Xbox exclusive IP games?

Topher

Gold Member
And why wouldn't that just be further proof that something had been brewing between Xbox and Sega, and the announcement of the strategic alliance between Microsoft and Sega only made it more public and official what might be taking place, especially considering Sega's devs have even been helping make Xbox exclusive IP games?

I wouldn't go that far. I will say that Microsoft and Sega have a good relationship and that had a lot to do with Sega wanting to use Azure for their cloud gaming efforts. Do I think this game coming to Game Pass has anything to do with Sega's cloud gaming effort? No, I don't. Especially considering the two companies are only in the preliminary stages of "considering" a partnership.

But this has been argued to death. This is an awesome addition for Game Pass for PC. That much is certain.

I am not a confident with the OP in the other thread, but alot of Sega West is turning up on GP day one now.

Not surprising really. Sega has already stated they have been extremely happy with the results they have seen with Game Pass.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

That Sega company has plenty of games on Game Pass already and has for a while.
Their new partnership could very well strengthen their relationship, and this release could also be a symptom of just that. This is not a minor release of theirs to go day one to game pass, I'd say it's pretty damn relevant.

Anyway, we can't know for sure, but I don't reject this possibility.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Their new partnership could very well strengthen their relationship, and this release could also be a symptom of just that. This is not a minor release of theirs to go day one to game pass, I'd say it's pretty damn relevant.

Anyway, we can't know for sure, but I don't reject this possibility.

Anything is possible, but as you say we can't know for sure.

I wouldn't go that far. I will say that Microsoft and Sega have a good relationship and that had a lot to do with Sega wanting to use Azure for their cloud gaming efforts. Do I think this game coming to Game Pass has anything to do with Sega's cloud gaming effort? No, I don't. Especially considering the two companies are only in the preliminary stages of "considering" a partnership.

But this has been argued to death. This is an awesome addition for Game Pass for PC. That much is certain.

Not surprising really. Sega has already stated they have been extremely happy with the results they have seen with Game Pass.

If what Sega has been doing with Xbox in the last year is any indication, their consideration appears pretty damn generous. What would ever happen once they finished considered and then still like what they see? :)

Topher

Gold Member
If what Sega has been doing with Xbox in the last year is any indication, their consideration appears pretty damn generous. What would ever happen once they finished considered and then still like what they see? :)

Then Sega would start working on an actual solution for their cloud gaming strategy in Azure. You know......exactly as they said was the goal in the press release. None of which mentioned Game Pass whatsoever.

Wow.

I'll get it on Steam eventually as I have every DLC for 1 and 2 which will no doubt carry over like DLC from game 1 to 2 did and I will want the Steam Workshop at some point but this lets me wait for a bargain price.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It's awesome for people who have never tried the series. However, I think I'll have to stick with getting it on Steam. I have a shitload of DLC from the first two games and it all carries over into this one. Also, modding is a massive part of this series and I don't think MS makes that easy yet in their environment?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Holy shit, that's nice. Was always curious about those games but never tried them because I suck at grand strategy or 4X or whatever it's called. (sorry :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Having it on GamePass will be the perfect excuse to try it.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Very, very nice for people who want to check it out, but the real deal is going to be on Steam with the workshop mods and everything

Kacho

Holy shit, that's nice. Was always curious about those games but never tried them because I suck at grand strategy or 4X or whatever it's called. (sorry :messenger_grinning_sweat:)

Having it on GamePass will be the perfect excuse to try it.
It’s really not that bad. You just have to learn the rock, paper, scissors matchups. You can also set everything to easy so you aren’t getting railroaded.

Warhammer is way more interesting than the other games because of all the cool unit types each army has. So much flavor.

fermcr

This is a game that makes business sense for Gamepass. Microsoft wants games on Gamepass where you spend countless hours (to renew those monthly accounts).

From a business point, it doesn't make much sense to have many 8-10 hour singleplayer games on Gamepass.

Horatius

This is great for those that want to try it out. For those that love the series you will continue to play on Steam due to all historical DLCs etc that will be required for the full Mortal Empires experience once that is patched in.
yeah i was gonna say, this is actually genius use of the gamepass as a marketing tool assuming they don't release the dlc for free on it too. not only will there be a lot of it for game 3, but once the combined map is out, tw1 and all its dlc, and tw2 and all its dlc become dlc for game 3.

tw:w series is so intimidating feeling with the sheer quantity of dlc and at first i thought it was scummy and held off playing it, but eventually i caved and honestly ive never gotten a better $:time ratio with any other DLC for any other game. can play each lord for hundreds of hours with only few crappy ones in there. bought a few to test them out, realised how rad it all was, and just ended up buying all of them immediately sight unseen on steam sale.

only game i can remember where i blew like $200 bucks on everything and felt like i was ripping the devs off somehow

Bkdk

Microsoft is being awesome for me again, the last time I like them is probably rise of nations and I love them again in 2020 for Flight simulator and wasteland 3, seems like the best has yet to come. Hoping for new age of mythology soon!

Chukhopops

That’s really good, although I won’t save that much in the long run since TW always has a ton of DLC that I end up buying :lollipop_grinning_sweat:.

The best part is more people will get a chance to try this series.

noise36

It continues to blow my mind that I got 3 years of gamepass for not much more than the cost of one first party PS5 game.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Great for people who want to give a series a go.

For those who already have the previous games and DLC on Steam, I would imagine they'll still buy this on Steam for Mortal Empires, which is going to be absolutely epic with all three games combined

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Don't you need to own the first two to gain access to specific subfactions? How is that going to work if I own them on Steam?

Topher

Gold Member
Don't you need to own the first two to gain access to specific subfactions? How is that going to work if I own them on Steam?

You won't have access to any content from other stores according to the FAQs.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You won't have access to any content from other stores according to the FAQs.

That sucks but it's understandable, it's a shame they don't have a separate account system where SEGA registers what you own and have access to, but I guess people would hate that as a form of DRM. Oh well good to know, might take it for a spin but mostly likely will have to rebuy on steam.

Top Bottom