• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

toys of the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
evil ways said:
Anybody remember one of the last few Muscle/Garbage Pail Kids ripoffs released in the early 90's called The Trash Bag Bunch? They were mini figures, but more detailed and painted that came in a trash bag. You threw the trash bag into a bucket of water and it would dissolve, revealing the figure.

Yessir. The Dollar Tree had a ton of those things back in the day. My favorite was the purple dude that looked like the sphinx that carried a wrench. He won all of the crappy sumo-style matches I made them wrassle on top of some generic carrying case :eek:

Dan said:
Oh snap, and Battle Beasts as mentioned above! My brother and I loved those things.
bbeastspikefrawgt.jpg
bbeastcombatkoalat.jpg
bbeasttuskhammert.jpg

Oh, that's what these things are called?! I was trying to look them up for a while but didn't know what they were called. I LOVED playing with these before as well.
I ripped their arms off and switched them around (some broke...) and coloured them with black and blue pens as well... oh God why did I do that? ><
I really want to get some of these right (and not the disfigured ones I am left with) now if I could find them to put on my computer desk. :(

Hero

Wow. The only toys I really had a vivid memory of was Transformers ( of which I'm still into. Masterpiece Convoy + Alternator/Binaltech = awesome ) and seeing some of these pictures makes me smile. Good times.

And Robosapien rocks!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Did anyone else play with Crossbows & Catapults?

crosstit.gif

tower.gif

Man, we played with these for years. Of course we added lots of extra rubber bands to all the launchers so they could destroy other things. :D

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
This thread clearly seperates the ol' heads from the youngin's. Once I got out of my Transformers thing, I got into importing hundred dollars robos from Japan.

Any New Yorkers used to go to Forbidden Planet back in the 80's? It has changed quite a bit since.

robot

Don't forget these bad muthas:

07_captain_power_II.jpg

CAPTAIN POWER!

I managed to snag the whole set one christmas, along with the cool jet. It had some anime style cartoon too. The jet was actually a gun you shoot at the screen during the cartoon, it was pretty cool.

EDIT: Crossbows and Catapults was the shit. I still remember the green dragon that shot those discs. Good times.

G.I Joe remained the king of my 80's toys tho. Once I got the Space Shuttle Command Center for xmas one year, it was all over. I practically lived in there.

Mashing

This thread just reminds of how much the 80's was the best decade of the 20th century.

I'd owned, at one point or another in my childhood, atleast half these toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom