• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Was A Great Lovecraft Short (80s Twilight Zone)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
There's not too many good movies or series or shorts based directly off of HP Lovecraft.

I remember seeing one as a kid and I couldn't remember if it was the '80s Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories.

Well, I found the full episode online and it was from The '80s Twilight Zone which I used to love.

Back then and even now I consider this to be one of the best made for television or even made for movies HP Lovecraft stories that directly uses his Mythos.

If you have never seen this episode, the full 20 minutes of it was uploaded to YouTube. Enjoy!

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I havent read any Lovecraft but I can understand the vibe from watching horror films and just following pop culture. This one was pretty good:

51VzS0LgXEL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I doubt anything will replace OG Twilight Zone but I'll certainly give this a watch. A friend bought me the boxset of the '86 series and I've been itching to give it a watch. Also, "Cool Air" from season 2 of Rod Serling's Night Gallery.

I've never seen the 80s twilight zone, but it has a lot of great directors and writers involved, so I'd love to see it get a proper release. Sucks there's no bluray.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I've never seen the 80s twilight zone, but it has a lot of great directors and writers involved, so I'd love to see it get a proper release. Sucks there's no bluray.
Give it a shot. The DVD set sells at a decent price now on Amazon. It's 13-discs but the managed not to screw up the original 4:3 with any stretching or cropping. I don't trust blu-ray releases of series. Odds are they'd screw up the audio, start some type of awful de-graining or mess with the coloring (as seen with recent 4K BD releases) and try cropping to 16:9.

I want to watch Twilight Zone but it's so expensive :( I don't have a dvd/bluray player so my only option is digital.

Amazon has season 1-3. they don't have season 4. i can't buy season 5 in full and need to buy each episode individually.

It'd cost £118 and that's without season 4 lol.

I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to buy the DVDs and find a cheap player somewhere but fuck that it's too much trouble.

Last edited:

Doczu

Ok, so it took me longer, but finally found some time to watch it.

It was fine. I wouldn't put it on top of the (official) Lovecraft adaptations or stories based on his works, but it was time spent well. If i was a kid i would surely be scared quite good.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I want to watch Twilight Zone but it's so expensive :( I don't have a dvd/bluray player so my only option is digital.

Amazon has season 1-3. they don't have season 4. i can't buy season 5 in full and need to buy each episode individually.

I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to buy the DVDs and find a cheap player somewhere but fuck that it's too much trouble.
I mean, for right now it would appear that most episodes are up on YouTube from the '86 remake and Paramount owns those...so they'll not be there for long if you want to watch. As far as the DVDs, try .COM Amazon as the UK or other sites may be charging extra for the remake Twilight Zone single set. The one you'd be looking for is "Twilight Zone: The Complete '80s Series" keyword. However, maybe not though...as I'm assuming you're U.K. and unless you have a multiregional player; that set is Region 1. So, probably check em out on YouTube in a playlist for now.
Ok, so it took me longer, but finally found some time to watch it.

It was fine. I wouldn't put it on top of the (official) Lovecraft adaptations or stories based on his works, but it was time spent well. If i was a kid i would surely be scared quite good.
Try watching that Season 2 Night Gallery episode I referenced about. Pretty decent TV adaptation "Cool Air." It's not on YouTube but if it's elsewhere, try a DM. Night Gallery's now at a more economical price too.

Dr.Morris79

Chuck us a message

Top Bottom