• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tragic News: Destiny open marriage fails

Woggleman

Every time I see a situation like this it’s always some chick who’s some instagram model or clout chaser or something. I can never see how the dudes agree to it. Like It’s obvious she’s gonna go bang every dude she can, and you aren’t gonna get shit but humiliation.
I remember a thread where a lot of guys were still simping over Amber Heard so some men clearly think with the wrong head. We like to get on women for going after clearly toxic men but some of us are no better.

Doczu

He's also wearing her dress.
Rowan Atkinson GIF

Every time I see a situation like this it’s always some chick who’s some instagram model or clout chaser or something. I can never see how the dudes agree to it. Like It’s obvious she’s gonna go bang every dude she can, and you aren’t gonna get shit but humiliation.
The reason the vote for open mariages is just to have a defense line when someone calls them out on being a garden took.

"I aint no hoe, my husband said yes and he likes it!"

Blade2.0

Having this life is doable for men but even they fall foul to the loneliness creep in later life. Women though, meeting them single with no kids at 50+, good luck. That's some crazy shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Even 50+, single with kids is most of the time on another level..

Personally, I'm happy being married with kids. I've seen both side of the fray and seen too much if I'm honest.

Hats off to whoever takes that life style, it ain't for me anymore.

As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

These young people have it all sussed out though. I hear depression is falling at an alarming rate. At this rate utopia doesn't seem far off.
For me, monogamy fails just as often if not more often than polyamorous relationships. And I absolutely couldn't fucking stand my parent's marriage. Literally yelling every fucking night growing up. I think they would have been better off apart. I just do not want that kind of future.

Bojji

Open relationships are some nasty commy shit. Your nasty bitch is shared with the whole town. Seems we need to go back to opening a brothel on every corner. Make it official. His women can work there. Seeing the popularity of only fans and open relationships, there is no shortage of women who will happily bang for cash. May as well legalize prostitution.

Voluntary prostitution should never be illegal in the first place. There are tons of men that want to use this service and many women that want to do job like that, it may not be moral (but this is subjective) but it shouldn't be forbidden by law (like where I live).

This appears to be the origin story of their relationship. As far as I can tell, Destiny met up with some Swedish guy, whose girlfriend was Melina, and the Swedish guy basically recorded his girlfriend and Destiny getting close with each other and then leaving him, on video...?

Definitely a girl to then marry without a prenup!

If she did it to some other guy, there is a good probability she will do the same to you. Learning from someone else's behavior will tell you a lot about them. One reason why I could never trust a cheater or someone who has been in an open relationship.

The reason the vote for open mariages is just to have a defense line when someone calls them out on being a garden took.

"I aint no hoe, my husband said yes and he likes it!"
In this specific case the guy was the one who suggested it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

The mom thing is something ive heard a lot from my friends. Its basically a toxic feminism talking point that has taken over TikTok. Likely aimed at dissatisfied housewives exacerbated by algorithms.

This is aimed at mostly housewives who have to do house chores while their husbands go to work. Obviously, thats not a very fun job or a rewarding one, and thats when they fall into these feminists channels who frame cleaning and cooking as MOTHERING your husband. As if they are not cooking and cleaning for themselves and their kids they are literally MOTHERING. Some men are lazy, sure, but this whole mom thing is a manufactured talking point from feminists who see doing actual work around their own fucking house as something thats beneath them.

Sadly, thanks to tiktok, this is being fed to normal women who are just tired and exhausted, and are now being made to feel that their husbands are taking advantage of them. I have asked my friends to quit tiktok or at least clear their browsing history so they dont get recommend that trash, but while I was able to leave the toxic mens rights stuff by telling youtube i dont want to see fresh n fit, destiny, and whatever podcasts, it seems there is no such way to curate your feed on tiktok. If there was, my friends dont seem to give a shit and want to continue throwing their marriages in the gutter constantly spouting off nonsense like Melinda is doing here.

Monogamous relationships fail all the time due to cheating, in an open relationship there is at least supposed to be honesty when people feel attraction outside of the relationship. Either way there is no guarantee either way of your relationship lasting forever. Definitely not for everyone, but neither is monogamy.

That said, I don’t think this situation is the example to emulate.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Tik Tok misandrist stuff is no different than Andrew Tate or Fresh N Fit. People who form their identities around being against the opposite sex need to get a life.
The divide & conquer algorithm's by bad actors wanting the west to fail. Make us divided, soft & mushy. Easier to storm the gates that way.

Destiny has openly admitted to being a whore and liking variety with his women. Either way, what does it matter who slept around the most? I can't imagine that behavior being conducive for a healthy relationship.
That's fair, and to be fair for my post you've quoted, I was waiting to see how Doczu Doczu was going to respond based on his earlier assumption. I was hoping to surprise the guy before you jumped in lol.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I've met some girls who were under the impression that buff guys have bigger dicks
That's too funny :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh I didn't, she blocked me from everything, out of the blue i'd got a message on Facebook of all places.

Cheers though. I do love the wife but like most things in life, it hasn't been easy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You just have to stick with things when they get hard.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
And I absolutely couldn't fucking stand my parent's marriage. Literally yelling every fucking night growing up. I think they would have been better off apart. I just do not want that kind of future.
Man it is hard I hear that, I remember a few nights like that.

You will find someone though and you won't even be looking :messenger_winking:

Blade2.0

Man it is hard I hear that, I remember a few nights like that.

You will find someone though and you won't even be looking :messenger_winking:
I wish it was "a few". I'm talking basically every night from what I can remember. Most of my memories are from them yelling at each other or yelling at one of us. I've suffered with anger management for quite a while. Can still get really riled up sometimes but I'm much better with it than before.

Doczu

That's fair, and to be fair for my post you've quoted, I was waiting to see how Doczu Doczu was going to respond based on his earlier assumption. I was hoping to surprise the guy before you jumped in lol.
Sorry had to go to bed.

Well ok, i'll eat my crow cause he's the one being the man-whore. But i will stand firmly on the hill called "For every Destiny there are at least a hundred cucks who said it was 'their' decision to fuck around" and i'm ready to die on it 😉

Sorry had to go to bed.

Well ok, i'll eat my crow cause he's the one being the man-whore. But i will stand firmly on the hill called "For every Destiny there are at least a hundred cucks who said it was 'their' decision to fuck around" and i'm ready to die on it 😉
I won't fight you on averages, but to go along with my previous post I will say this: In all my years of living, I've always found life to be too messy and complex for one side to always take the blame.

Yoda

I thought it was just an open relationship... he actually got legally married?

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Have you guys never seen Destiny before? He’s a mediocre former Starcraft 2 pro turned neoliberal political commentator who wilfully depicts his life as a shambolic trainwreck for clicks and laughs

This was 100% intentional and I doubt he has any money

No wonder he didn't bother to do a prenup.

Xdrive05

He's gonna have to go back to banging other dudes and Lauren Southern (but probably not at the same time).

He's one of the better (best?) liberal debaters on the youtube debate bro circuit. He got Kyle Rittenhouse right when basically all of his peers went full retard on the Kenosha nonsense. Anything the lefty brigade gets way wrong, he's pretty much on the reasonable side of, yeah, while still being a neoliberal establishment Democrat booster. He can be pretty entertaining.

Seriously though hope he learns his lesson from this and comes out of it in one piece.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wonder what dinner time talk is like with people in open marriages. Especially situations involving kids or holiday family dinners.

Do parents Tom and Tina at dinner talk about threesome partner Theresa in front of their kids? Does Theresa join everyone for dinner where Tom rotates kissing Tina and Theresa with their kids in plain view?

Anyone know how people in open marriages walk the fine line when other fam members are around? If I'm at dinner with someone I know is in an open marriage, what would I even say or bring up? Hey Tom.... hows Tina and Theresa doing?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I wonder what dinner time talk is like with people in open marriages. Especially situations involving kids or holiday family dinners.

Do parents Tom and Tina at dinner talk about threesome partner Theresa in front of their kids? Does Theresa join everyone for dinner where Tom rotates kissing Tina and Theresa with their kids in plain view?

Anyone know how people in open marriages walk the fine line when other fam members are around? If I'm at dinner with someone I know is in an open marriage, what would I even say or bring up? Hey Tom.... hows Tina and Theresa doing?
Instead of a college fund you set your kids up with a lifetime therapy fund.

Dynasty8

I don't care for his politics and I do think he's a pretty smart dude and reasonable dude overall.... But "open marriages" just don't work. No matter how much you want to lie to yourself that it does, it won't last. She seems like a mental terrorist too...how can any guy be legit happy being in a relationship with someone like that?

Thaedolus

Gold Member

The only way I see this working is if you have a job where you travel and are allowed to smash one night stands and you never speak of it. Having some sort of poly/long term relationship seems completely untenable in 99% of relationships.

I mean maybe some evolved form of life can pull it off but I’d probably be headed to jail

Tams

I've been keeping up with this and there's some information here that's... a bit off, or at least not reported properly by other outlets. I looked into it a bit, so I just wanted to clarify:

-During the time they were together and doing podcast runs, Destiny and Melina have stated multiple times in public and on public forums that they don't recommend their lifestyle for anyone.
-Destiny actually hates talking about his relationships but was constantly prodded by other outlets to do so publicly (which I guess is how others would see it as promotion).
-They set ground rules about which people are off limits in terms of being slept with. She broke the ground rules.
-They initially got married early for her green card/so that she could live with him in the States. They agreed to both do a post-nuptial once this divorce stuff happened.

That's all.

This makes it sound even worse, lol.

This makes it sound even worse, lol.
If someone views it as better or worse that's fine by me. I just wanted to clear up information that's being reported wrongly by other outlets. A negative can still be a negative but in a factual way, without needing exaggerations and misinformation to bolster it.

Top Bottom