• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for Jerry Seinfeld’s Unfrosted (the Pop Tarts movie)

I loved Seinfeld but I'm 20 minutes in and it feels like I've been watching for an hour.

It's obviously a hammy send-up of the corporate biopics but it's landing flat for me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Has that Alan Smithee look to it. Massive group of famous and talented people making a massive pile of crap while patting each other on the back.
Also brings to mind Toys with all the outlandish wackiness.

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Amy Schumer & Melissa McCarthy.
ew throw up GIF

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Really bad. Just a way for Jerry to give his friends Netflix money.
I unsubscribed from Netflix 2 months ago but does it feel like an Adam Sandler gift to Rob Schneider & David Spade and other useless leeches?

EDIT: Larry David isn't involved 😊

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Every time I've seen Jerry Seinfeld in an interview or a talkshow he seems like the sort of guy who bottles his own farts just to take a whiff of them later.

I loved watching Seinfeld when I was a kid but he just seems so unfunny and pretentious in anything else I've seen him in. He just seems like an awful person.

This trailer is just more unfunny shit,this time with additional unfunny comedians...I mean Amy Schumer? Really? That's the best you could do? Lmao

JCK75

I love Jerry but it looks so bad.. I'm not sure what went wrong but before it even released he seemed really down on the entire experience.

MrMephistoX

I havent seen the movie but this is obviously mocking the "corporate product biopic" trend that reached its climax with Barbie.
Pretty much and it’s just the kind of goofy satire that I sometimes enjoy: it’s like the Mars Attacks of corporate biopics in that regard. I must be a simpleton according to the interwebs because I really really enjoyed it.

Pretty much and it’s just the kind of goofy satire that I sometimes enjoy: it’s like the Mars Attacks of corporate biopics in that regard. I must be a simpleton according to the interwebs because I really really enjoyed it.

Mars Attacks is a good comparison. It also felt a bit like the Rescue Rangers movie. I didn’t laugh out loud too often, but enjoyed all the cameos and have a bit of nostalgia for that time period even though I didn’t live through it.

DanteFox

It is very over-the-top and silly, kind of like the last two seasons of Seinfeld after Larry David left. I enjoyed the movie for what it is, but the last half of the movie gets pretty ridiculous and falls off a bit. It tells me that Jerry really got lucky by having Larry to partner with the Seinfeld. Larry really is the genius for making hilarious TV.

Dithadder

He did have a very successful sitcom, that he wrote and produced. But many standups have done that. Tim Allen has had 2.
Jerry's great, Seinfeld's great, but Jerry's never going to make something uproarious or genius without someone's help.

RaduN

Hmm... i kinda liked it.

There are good jokes here and there, dumb ones as well. The direction is smooth and the actors don't break character 🙃

A silly movie overall, similar to some 7/10 silly Seinfeld episode. Worth a watch.

Stay frosty seinfeld

Thank you for making me not regret cancelling my netflix subscription.

Every time I've seen Jerry Seinfeld in an interview or a talkshow he seems like the sort of guy who bottles his own farts just to take a whiff of them later.

I loved watching Seinfeld when I was a kid but he just seems so unfunny and pretentious in anything else I've seen him in. He just seems like an awful person.

This trailer is just more unfunny shit,this time with additional unfunny comedians...I mean Amy Schumer? Really? That's the best you could do? Lmao
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Toons

Lol, I'd say it was more likely that he knows he's got a stinker on his hands and this is an easy way to explain away the bad reviews / claim that he wasn't allowed to make the film he really wanted. Good way to get some people to turn up to watch it though.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree.

One of the biggest and most successful comedians saying he can't get something made? I dont buy it.

Seinfeld can get anything he wants made.

That said im not willing to write this off get but.... I have no immediate desire to see it.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
This was moderately funny. Lots of chuckles, not ROFL stuff but clever "good effort" level. But damn, every fucking line is a joke, it's really a matter of 1000 jokes a minute and half land. It's almost too clever for it's own good, such a weird way to view the 60's and the whole milk mafia, russian sugar, mascot union stuff gets to ludicrous level.

I do what those pin up art Jelle Jolie pics though, yowza!

Top Bottom