• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch Found Out About Black Ops 6 On Game Pass Shortly Before Announcement

RhyDin

It means your servers will have tons of issues now, that beggers like us will play the game for free

Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party
But also probably more hackers since they can hop on gamepass discount/trials.

fudgybrownie

Neo Member
So what's the difference in price between paying for ultimate vs paying for both core and console gamepass? Unlike Playstation plus extra console gamepass doesn't come with an online subscription?

Last edited:

Taur007

What does it mean? Sales will collapse on the Xbox platform and may suffer to some extent on PC also. You’ll now have to report metrics like ‘total shots fired’.
or those same players that were going to buy the game can now buy the vault edition for 30$, so there's that

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
How do you get it for free?
In Canada, the cost of playing a game for "free" is $12 (plus tax) per month! Doesn't get much more free than that! As an added bonus, you do not own the game, nor can you play it if you stop paying the fee. Oh, and the game can be removed from their service at any moment. What a deal!

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Whenever this comes up I get totally confused… Was there any doubt that they were going to bring COD to gamepass?!?! Wasn’t that the whole point of the acquisition? NEWS FLASH NERDS, ITS ALL GOING ON GAME PASS, YOU BETTER UP YOUR PAXIL.
The only confusing thing I can see is how people can’t see that Gamepass is going to be tiered and more costly to recoup these massive buyouts and subsequent losses placing games on Gamepass.

londontko

The only confusing thing I can see is how people can’t see that Gamepass is going to be tiered and more costly to recoup these massive buyouts and subsequent losses placing games on Gamepass.

Considering the fact that every other subscription service has done the same thing over time, I would assume that to be true. Are there actually people who think otherwise?

Killer8

I like how this is framed as shocking news that they should've been consulted on first, and all the replies just couldn't give a shit.

lol

clarky

Gold Member
So what's the difference in price between paying for ultimate vs paying for both core and console gamepass? Unlike Playstation plus extra console gamepass doesn't come with an online subscription?
Ultimate £12.99 Core £6:99 GP regular: £8:99

You can shop around and get things much cheaper but there are the headline prices off the MS website.

They basically want everyone on ultimate. Core and Regular are pointless if you play MP or have a PC as well.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Considering the fact that every other subscription service has done the same thing over time, I would assume that to be true. Are there actually people who think otherwise?
Quite right, however gamers tend to be a different breed or at least the latest generation of gamers. They don’t like price increases. We need only look at the meltdown of PlayStation PSPlus increases in recent times.

londontko

Quite right, however gamers tend to be a different breed or at least the latest generation of gamers. They don’t like price increases. We need only look at the meltdown of PlayStation PSPlus increases in recent times.
They were loud on here and twitter but did it actually make a difference?

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I don't give a fuck about developers bonuses.

Developers getting laid off? Yeah that's shit. If we taking about exec level bonus at these studios. I give ZERO fucks. The real MVP's at these studious never see a bonus anyways.

Oppoi

Think I remember seeing Xbox COD only make up like 20% of overall sales so putting it on GP isn't making them lose much revenue after all those GP people continue to buy battlepasses and skins
How much did they pay for Call of, sorry Activision Blizzard?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You're forgetting PC as well fella.
Not really, not a single person I know on PC (granted its not many) is switching to GP from Battlenet as I honestly don't think I know many at all that even have PC GP

Maybe its a huge number that will switch but I am not seeing it

How much did they pay for Call of, sorry Activision Blizzard?
And?

This is chess not checkers even if it doesn't pan out for Gamepass the ROI will just keep adding up for MS year after year and mostly from Playstation fans to the tune of over 1 Billion a year alone from them.

Lol HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 you're arguing with shareholders and financial analysts here 😅

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Last edited:

Bridges

Activision already has been giving away an extremely popular piece of the pie with Warzone. Tons of people are playing CoD right now without paying for it, and tons of those people are still funneling money into the mtx machine

Oppoi

And?

This is chess not checkers even if it doesn't pan out for Gamepass the ROI will just keep adding up for MS year after year and mostly from Playstation fans to the tune of over 1 Billion a year alone from them.
Wow that makes you sound so sinister. You could add an evil laugh at the end there.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Not really, not a single person I know on PC (granted its not many) is switching to GP from Battlenet as I honestly don't think I know many at all that even have PC GP

Maybe its a huge number that will switch but I am not seeing it

And?

I will be. I play on steam and everything will be linked. I already have ultimate so it makes no sense at all to buy the game anymore.

Edit: i'll get the Blackcell as per for the shop credits, early access and BP of course. So they will get some cash out of me as least.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I will be. I play on steam and everything will be linked. I already have ultimate so it makes no sense at all to buy the game anymore.

Edit: i'll get the Blackcell as per for the shop credits, early access and BP of course. So they will get some cash out of me as least.
I was about to ask if you got the battlepass or anything like that

I wonder if like the Vault edition will have just like a $30 "upgrade" fee like other gamepass games have had

I am really torn do I play it on Gamepass or still buy it on Playstation only because I like shutting off crossplay on PS but they may disable that this year now that MS owns it

clarky

Gold Member
I was about to ask if you got the battlepass or anything like that

I wonder if like the Vault edition will have just like a $30 "upgrade" fee like other gamepass games have had

I am really torn do I play it on Gamepass or still buy it on Playstation only because I like shutting off crossplay on PS but they may disable that this year now that MS owns it
Yup the vault edition is a $30 upgrade like Starfield.

To be honest this is an absolutely massive win for me. I play COD almost daily as well as being a Ultimate sub.

COD and Gamepass is a perfect fit for me as each game only lasts 12 months mostly, then you chuck it away and move onto the next one.

BTW I know what you mean though, it would be nice to have in the steam library but also fucking stupid. Knowing me i'll probably buy it was well lol.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yup the vault edition is a $30 upgrade like Starfield.

To be honest this is an absolutely massive win for me. I play COD almost daily as well as being a Ultimate sub.

COD and Gamepass is a perfect fit for me as each game only lasts 12 months mostly, then you chuck it away and move onto the next one.

BTW I know what you mean though, it would be nice to have in the steam library but also fucking stupid. Knowing me i'll probably buy it was well lol.
I wonder if we will have early access to the campaign again, want to play it on PC then MP on PS (most likely)

clarky

Gold Member
I wonder if we will have early access to the campaign again, want to play it on PC then MP on PS (most likely)
I got you.

No mention of early access to the campaign as of yet. But i think thats a given. it was great the last couple of years( well not last year lol) having time to go through the campaign at my own pace before the MP launched.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I got you.

No mention of early access to the campaign as of yet. But i think thats a given. it was great the last couple of years( well not last year lol) having time to go through the campaign at my own pace before the MP launched.
I kept rereading thinking I was missing that part, just came to ask if you would spell it out for me because I was missing it, your edit makes me feel better :)

clarky

Gold Member
I kept rereading thinking I was missing that part, just came to ask if you would spell it out for me because I was missing it, your edit makes me feel better :)
I think they'll announce it at a different event when they are confident they are going to hit the date.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think they'll announce it at a different event when they are confident they are going to hit the date.
I kind of wish the skins carried forward though I get them wanting to make money, I have a decent amount of COD points from never spending them from battlepasses

clarky

Gold Member
I kind of wish the skins carried forward though I get them wanting to make money, I have a decent amount of COD points from never spending them from battlepasses
I'm the same i think i have around 5000CP just sitting around. I buy the odd skin here and there but im on lock down now until my boy Wood's is back in the shop lol.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm the same i think i have around 5000CP just sitting around. I buy the odd skin here and there but im on lock down now until my boy Wood's is back in the shop lol.
Those points should carry forward though right? Might sit on them awhile longer as I never use them even for the battlepasses

clarky

Gold Member
Those points should carry forward though right? Might sit on them awhile longer as I never use them even for the battlepasses
Yes points never go away, but they don't follow you to different platforms. (but your purchases do if that makes sense).

Top Bottom