• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trollhunters Official Trailer - Guillermo del Toro's cartoon Netflix Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
trollhunters_keyart_us-pre.jpg

Trailer

December 23, 2016

Trollhunters is an epic saga from master storyteller Guillermo del Toro featuring a group of friends who discover a fantastical new world wrapped beneath their home town and who will face a battle between good and bad trolls

featues the voices of Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman, Steven Yeun, and Charlie Saxton

Feels like it was a movie at some point that got reworked into a Netflix series. I don't mind though, love me some Guillermo del Toro.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks ok and despite Del Toro's involvement not feeling much of his... influence(?) on this.

Finaj

The animation actually looks pretty good for a series. Not quite as good as Defenders of Berk, but still solid.

Rafavert

Looks a little on the cheap side.

It's not =) the animation is great and the voice acting is pretty good too. We (subtitling) have been working on this show for months now (like, one episode per month at best, out of order.... really annoying) and I've come to love it.
Love Toby (the chubby kid) <3

Wow, the quality looks surprisingly good for a tv series. If somebody would've told me this was a trailer for a Dreamworks animated movie for theaters, I'd have believed them.

New002

I had a mental image of what a Guillermo del Toro animated series might look like. The image in the OP is not what I imagined. That being said, I hope it's good!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Feels like it was a movie at some point that got reworked into a Netflix series. I don't mind though, love me some Guillermo del Toro.
It was originally brought to DreamWorks as a movie, some 6 years ago or so.

GCX

Isn't Del Toro credited in pretty much every Dreamworks production as a producer or creative consultant? Is he more involved in this or it just marketing using his name to gain some attention?

Rlan

Is it weird that Dreamwork's next film is Trolls and this is Trollhunters, but appears to be completely separate?

poppy.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Isn't Del Toro credited in pretty much every Dreamworks production as a producer or creative consultant? Is he more involved in this or it just marketing using his name to gain some attention?
He's surely more involved than everything else. This is something he brought to DWA when he first signed to consult with them, based on a kids/YA book he co-wrote with another author. So it'll have his imprint on it more than all the movies he gave notes on, but I'm sure he wasn't really involved on a day-to-day basis.

rendering quality looks like it got a lot more time that the other DW Netflix shows, hell with all that hair maybe even quite more time than Star Wars Rebels. I wonder if the whole season holds that quality or we were only shown scenes from the pilot.

Searched twice for the official OT. Found nothing.

This show is incredibly good, worldbuilding on the level of Gargoyles. The script pulls no punches and doesn't shy away from being smart as fuck, something oft forgotten in kids shows these days. Multiple characters die, the humor is incredibly dark at times, and the characters are on point. There are only a few "lol Trolls don't know the human world" cringe moments, and the main characters actually act like teenagers instead of "written as teenagers".

The Changelings are going to be next years Minions at Halloween. Calling it now.

Coxy100

Banned
We're watching this with our daughter. Didn't realise it was a series - thought it was a film from the trailer.

Personally thought the trailer made it look really good. It's not as good as I'd hoped but it's ok

Finaj

Just finished it. Great little series. It sets up a second season pretty well, so I hope it does well enough to get one.

I'm most impressed by the characters' complexities (specifically the antagonists) and the world that was built. The show's concept of "changelings" is darker than I would have expected.

Menaged

I watched 8 episodes so far.
Really digging it. It's not amazing or anything, but a really nice show to spend 20 minutes with.

4 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice show with a good heart, and I really love it's positive vibe.
I also love how Toby's vest seems to be a throwback to the carpet from The Shining. I don't know it's significance, but it's cool.

Am considering watching it with my daughter because I've heard good things about it, but at a glance I'm disappointed that we're stuck with the same white, dark haired male protagonist as 10,000 other shows. The sassy girl pose and rotund nerdy sidekick characters don't instill me with much joy, either.

SeanTSC

I binged this. Was pretty fun for a kid's show and there were a bunch of times during it where I thought "this would totally make a good RPG". All of the characters were done much better than I thought they'd be, especially Claire and Toby.

Had been planning on watching this. Haven't gotten around to it yet but I'm sad thinking about Anton not being able to do a second season. Hell be missed

gryvan

Veey amazing show. Sadly the VA for the main character passed away this year (Anton Yelchin).

So im wondering how they'll do season 2? Maybe a year later situation to compensate for the change in VA

Geist-

Thought it was amazing, too bad Yelchin's death might derail any chance of a season 2. Hopefully Del Toro can keep it going, because it's one of my favorite cartoons in years.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So this is good, huh? I just flipped right past it on Netflix since it looked like a kids show to me and I didn't actually know anything about it. But I will check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom