• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trollhunters Official Trailer - Guillermo del Toro's cartoon Netflix Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKTaiL

So this is good, huh? I just flipped right past it on Netflix since it looked like a kids show to me and I didn't actually know anything about it. But I will check it out!

I'm on episode 13 right now and I'm loving it. This and Bojack are Netflix's golden gems.

Is it weird that Dreamwork's next film is Trolls and this is Trollhunters, but appears to be completely separate?

poppy.jpg

would be a lot more excited for Trollhunters if it was just Del Toro trolls hunting down those abominations

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
friend of mine is shilling this hard lately

SeanTSC

It's quite enjoyable honestly. Has a lot of potential. Bad guy voice acting is great (dude sounds a lot like Ralph Fiennes) and kelsey grammar and anton yelchin ( :( ) are fantastic as well.

Shit, I thought Blinky's voice sounded familiar. I don't think I've heard Kelsey Grammer's voice in a good 15 years.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Two episodes in now. I'm kind of hating the troll designs (they're just too typical cute CG monsters), but overall I'm enjoying the show. Not amazed, but yeah, feels like a fun CG family movie in episodic format. Will keep watching.

Maximo

Binged watched the whole season and yeah its decent not Gravity Falls or Adventure Time levels of good by far but enjoyable if you got time to kill. With the main voice actor dying and animation typycally taking awhile probably won't get a season 2 for a long time.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Assuming this is the OT?

This show is pretty cool. Watching with my kids now. One of the best looking animated tv shows I've seen. Netflix is killing it right now. So much content.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just finished season one it was super well done id give it a high recommendation to anyone looking for something new to watch

Mathieran

Banned
I watched 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. It's not bad, just not grabbing me. Should I keep trying or do you guys think that if I'm not into it now that I shouldn't bother?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I watched 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. It's not bad, just not grabbing me. Should I keep trying or do you guys think that if I'm not into it now that I shouldn't bother?

felt a little generic for the first 5 episodes but picked up heavy around episode 5-6 and escalated from there

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Huh not a ton of kids series that will straight up kill people. The humor in general seems to be very Del Toro style. The whole sequence where Tobes is going to kill the gnome by putting it down the garbage disposal was darkly hilarious.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Here's my daughter upon her viewing Trollhunters: "I don't like it, it's scary. I don't like this, I want to watch Doc McStuffins, I want to watch something else, anything but this, haha did you see what that troll did? This is cool!" We burnt through the first season in just a few days.

I started watching this and wow, they really pulled out all the fat humour stops for tobes.

He's a scaredy cat, he's dumb, and his weight causes him to be the physical slap stick humour.

i knew he sounded familiar but i couldnt imagine it being anton yelchin. fuck. now that character will be all tragic for me.

HStallion

Was Clancy Brown playing Balor's father? Dude must make bank doing VA work as villains on cartoons haha

MaKTaiL

Finished the whole season today. This might be my favorite animated show ever since Avatar IMO. Can't wait for Season 2!

MaKTaiL

Season 2 Confirmed on Twitter!!

Screenshot_20170106_195257_2.png

https://twitter.com/LGCallander/status/817458572464263168?s=09

EDIT

The guy just removed the tweet from his page. Maybe he wasn't suppose to talk about it yet. I did a background check on the guy and he works on Nitrogen Studios. They did in fact work on the animations for Trollhunters Season 1 so I can safely assume his tweet was 99.9% legit. Here is Nitrogen Studios' official webpage: http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/our-work.html

EDIT 2

Wow, his twitter account just got removed. He is definitely being punished for leaking that information. I feel guilty for spreading it though. I hope nothing serious happened to him at work.

Geist-

Season 2 Confirmed on Twitter!!

Screenshot_20170106_195257_2.png

https://twitter.com/LGCallander/status/817458572464263168?s=09

EDIT

The guy just removed the tweet from his page. Maybe he wasn't suppose to talk about it yet. I did a background check on the guy and he works on Nitrogen Studios. They did in fact work on the animations for Trollhunters Season 1 so I can safely assume his tweet was 99.9% legit. Here is Nitrogen Studios' official webpage: http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/our-work.html

EDIT 2

Wow, his twitter account just got removed. He is definitely being punished for leaking that information. I feel guilty for spreading it though. I hope nothing serious happened to him at work.
I am both extremely happy about season 2 and really sad that this guy apparently got in trouble for telling us.

I wonder who they're going to get to replace Anton Yelchin.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Started watching it the other day and I'm enjoying it
very hell boy in its aesthetic

I'm eight episodes in and quite enjoying it. Animation is great, writing gets some good laughs, Kelsey Grammer is wonderful as Blinky, it's an all around fun show.

It's nothing amazing, but I wasn't exactly amazed by Hellboy or Pacific Rim, either, and it's similar to those in that while it's not revolutionary, it's well put together.

I watched it and I actually really liked it. Much more than I thought I would.

It had a decent amount of action and the kids killing creatures lmao.

An announcement of season 2 has me excited.

MaKTaiL

I'm eight episodes in and quite enjoying it. Animation is great, writing gets some good laughs, Kelsey Grammer is wonderful as Blinky, it's an all around fun show.

It's nothing amazing, but I wasn't exactly amazed by Hellboy or Pacific Rim, either, and it's similar to those in that while it's not revolutionary, it's well put together.
Episode 11 is when sh** starts to get real =D

Illucio

Banned
Just finished this last night then saw this thread.

Holy shoot this was a good show. Very good pacing and buildup. The 2nd villain after episode 13 was amazing. And wow this show is high quality.

I was expecting the worse but I'm pleasantly surprised.

My buddy brought this to my attention this weekend. I blew through it in 3 days.

Not Stranger Things great, but really enjoyable.

It's too bad the guy that voiced the main character is gone, but it'll be interesting hearing a different interpretation of Jim.

7.5 out of 10 for the series.

My buddy brought this to my attention this weekend. I blew through it in 3 days.

Not Stranger Things great, but really enjoyable.

It's too bad the guy that voiced the main character is gone, but it'll be interesting hearing a different interpretation of Jim.

7.5 out of 10 for the series.
It's not like I'm particularly attached to any voice actor besides Frasier

I may have to try this.

I have been very wary of CGI TV shows since they have always been so janky, but maybe tech has gotten to a point where this is no longer the case.

sophora

I may have to try this.

I have been very wary of CGI TV shows since they have always been so janky, but maybe tech has gotten to a point where this is no longer the case.

I'd say the animation in this is on point, lots of well framed action imo.

I just finished the series this week. Very much looking forward to a next season. I love the art design and themes presented in the episodes.
Ended up enjoying Mr. Strickler alot and hope to see him appear later in the series. It also ended on quite a dark cliffhanger for a kids show, but damn that eclipse armor is badass.

HStallion

Just finished this last night then saw this thread.

Holy shoot this was a good show. Very good pacing and buildup. The 2nd villain after episode 13 was amazing. And wow this show is high quality.

I was expecting the worse but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Yeah Angor Rot was a really well done menacing villain. Even his design was pretty cool.

KiN0

I marathoned this show during the christmas holidays. It reminds me a lot of Riders of Berk, another good DW series.

Confession time, I hate the lead characters design. He needs to get a badass haircut if he's going to be wearing armor. He looks like more a dork than he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom