• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Good good. Let's pick a set of physical features and just interrogate everyone that pass the eyeball test, then let's see how many we can make "confess" to their crimes. What crimes you ask? Well that's what we're here to find out....

Ishan

Does this mean profiling every middle eastern looking person ?

How would you profile someone based on what their faith is?

I don't know the details of Israelis profiling but basically an article I read said in their airports if you have a Jewish name they let you through with minimal checks but an Arab sounding name means you have a much longer screening process (doesn't matter if you're Israeli) . Think differences were half an hour vs 2 hours don't quite remeber . Of course this is just at airports don't think the article gave details on other aspects .

Toxi

Banned
I don't see anything that says your murderers. It's a scary world, and only getting scarier. It blows me away that there's actually a religion that says murder is a good thing.

Are the terrorists not profiling their targets?
I don't see how that's relevant when we're not fucking terrorists.

sk3

Banned
I don't understand. Are we no longer ok with Israel? They are in the heart of the beast and thriving, so it seems like something is working.

Or are we accusing Israel of white supremacism? It's hard to keep up with tumblr minute by minute.

Ishan

I don't understand. Are we no longer ok with Israel? They are in the heart of the beast and thriving, so it seems like something is working.

Or are we accusing Israel of white supremacism? It's hard to keep up with tumblr minute by minute.

It's a complicated issue . How Israel deals with terrorism and how America deals can't really be compared due to constant skirmishes in Israel and the general geopolitical situation there (Kashmir is a more apt comparison but even that isn't like Israel).

Secondly Israel is envisioned as a place for Jews to live protected . (If you look at what I posted about their profiling it's Jewish names that don't face scrutiny) . So that raises the questions of religious bias limits versus sanctuary for a certain segment of humanity etc etc.

If you actually read more on these issues it's clear such things are not completely black and white . For example if you're in war zone against an Arab country wouldn't you scrutinise Arab looking ppl more at checkpoints to your base (assuming ppl from your country look different) etc etc . But having said that America is not a war zone (irrespective of the doom and gloom narrative of GOP) and the different situations warrant different measures . But in some sense that's where this notion also stems from if you buy the trump narrative that us is at war the country is being run over no one is safe etc etc then you might go okay let's take this unsavoury step and make us safer etc etc . It's fear mongering .

I've been saying it for a while, but it's feeling less and less like hyperbole: if elected, this guy is going to put people in camps.
He might try but there is just no way that will happen. Either by governmental checks and balances or by pubic intervention.

How would you profile someone based on what their faith is?

What about people of other faiths that may seem muslim ?
Didn't stop Hitler from trying his damndest.

I laughed off the Hitler comparisons at first but fuck me if Trump isn't attempting to channel the same facist fear-mongering that led to rise of the Nazi party. The similarities are both staggering and frightening.

Hell, I'd say Hitler was even less subtle about it until he had already gained power.

Lime

"In the heart of the beast"???!???

The Israeli occupation of Palestine is the beast if that's what you're referring to.

Fuck this is stupid.

Ishan

I don't see anything that says your murderers. It's a scary world, and only getting scarier. It blows me away that there's actually a religion that says murder is a good thing.

Are the terrorists not profiling their targets?

I smell a ban incoming.

Actually the ironic thing here is these terror groups doesn't really profile on race they're happy with any one who they can radicaliza enough to carry out terror attacks . (Eg influx of even western youth who feel disenfranchised . If anything they will probably prefer whites as they will be easier to slip under the radar of measures such as racial profiling ) .

The question is in countering this is the threat large enough that we resort to measures that unfairly degrades large swaths of ppl in the us etc etc .

He might try but there is just no way that will happen. Either by governmental checks and balances or by pubic intervention.

Who's going to act as a check on him? A Republican Congress that won't lift a finger in opposition for fear of getting primaried? A military duty-bound to follow his orders?

I see this argument pretty regularly, but I just don't buy it - he's running as an autocrat, and he's going to govern as one, because his entire campaign has been characterized by (successfully) threatening the party into submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom