• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

This country is so pathetic sometimes. It's incredible that the Republicans who position themselves as the tough, bootstrap-pulling hardasses are so scared shitless that they need to single out and get rid of every non-white, non-Christian "other."

Grow a fucking spine you cowards.

Arkeband

Banned
Why has this story gained no traction at all?

We need Jimmy Kimmel to read Trump a story about it from his latest children's book,

"And To Think that I Saw It On The Gaza Strip"

...where Trump beams with pride as Kimmel describes Trump's atrocious human rights faux pas and the audience cheers for Trump... and ignores the satire.

linkboy

Ask the people who want to do the profiling.

Is brown? Then Muslim.

Pretty much. You ask the vast majority of Trump supporters about what religion and where this man is from and they'll have no idea,

harjit-singh-sajjan-1.jpg

nor would they even care to find out.

They're so brain dead and narrow minded that anything that doesn't fit into their world view is bad.

Xe4

Banned
Every time a story like this happens, it had less of an impact. First time he wanted to ban muslims or called Mexicans rapists, there was huge blowback, as there should be. Now, it's business as usual. Hopefully, his remarks cause at least a few republicans on the fence to remember what a monster he is.

This country is so pathetic sometimes. It's incredible that the Republicans who position themselves as the tough, bootstrap-pulling hardasses are so scared shitless that they need to single out and get rid of every non-white, non-Christian "other."

Grow a fucking spine you cowards.

As soon as anything happens, they turn on their fellow Americans. They want to govern the country but they don't even know the country.

commedieu

Banned
Bigots beat up a white monk.. because they thought he was muslim.

there will be no literal vetting of muslims. It will just be up to people that don't like brown people harassing them. Like always in history when this happens. No reason to speculate on the technicalities of this. "Lol thats not possible to know" is severely missing the point.

Actually he IS being funny. I say that as a White guy. The difference here is that Trump and his ilk actually do want to ban Brown people and actually plan on doing so.

That comment is meant to be taken as absurd, and yet you took it seriously.

Nah. Priorities. JUST AS BAD AS TRUMP!

He's got a post history as well, but we won't talk about that..

Afrodium

Banned
It's only been 8 hours. I'm sure we'll start seeing people cover the remarks in the evening shows.

8 hours is a lifetime for the 24 hour news cycle, and there's plenty of other headlines regarding Trump and Clinton's comments from today. The only site I see with a story about this is Fox News (likely because the comment if from a Fox & Friends interview) and they're putting a way different spin on it.

If Trump is elected and decides to round up lawful citizens for the simple offense of having the wrong skin color I may lose it. I won't stand by and let this vile, racist POS destroy the lives of my brown friends.

rjinaz

Nah. Priorities. JUST AS BAD AS TRUMP!

He's got a post history as well, but we won't talk about that..

Good point.

Seriously though, even if the poster WERE being serious, they still wouldn't be as bad as Trump because they would never be in such a position to actually make it happen as Trump is in now.

Lime

Trump: "We need to racially profile! They're coming in and plotting!"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "Herp derp, he's just tellin it like it is!"

Hilary: "Half of his supporters are deplorable"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "How dare she! Wow what a cunt! Such divisiness, and she wants to be president?! Stupid slut whore bitch cunt! She should be trying to appeal to Trump supporters to win them over, understand things from their perspective. That's what a real leader does!"

*rolls eyes*

In the "post-racial" / colorblind society it's worse being called a racist than being a racist. It's a fundamental pillar of colorblindness.

rjinaz

Trump: "We need to racially profile! They're coming in and plotting!"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "Herp derp, he's just tellin it like it is!"

Hilary: "Half of his supporters are deplorable"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "How dare she! Wow what a cunt! Such divisiness, and she wants to be president?! Stupid slut whore bitch cunt! She should be trying to appeal to Trump supporters to win them over, understand things from their perspective. That's what a real leader does!"

*rolls eyes*

the hypocrisy will forever be lost on these people. Though, I doubt seriously they think Trump is racist. It's something Trump supporters even on GAF argue against all the time. I suppose that's how denial works.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Congrats America. Half of your country wants this.

I have no qualms saying that anyone voting for this fuck is a genuinely fucking horrible human being, and I'm disgusted and ashamed that there are GAF posters that support him.

I have no qualms saying that anyone voting for this fuck is a genuinely fucking horrible human being, and I'm disgusted and ashamed that there are GAF posters that support him.

Hey! Stop being mean and making generalizations..😣

Toxi

Banned
The funny thing about profiling is that people who support profiling a group are almost never members of that group.

rjinaz

You may notice they never really give a good reason as to why they support Trump. If prodded they will make some kind of vague comment about safer borders but never explain why that's such a big issue to them. A bigger issue than open racism from a candidate as well as the rights of minorities and SC justice picks.

rjinaz

Nah, killing the families of suspected terrorists (another Israeli policy he's a fan of!) is still the worst, imo.

If we're going to weigh the worst of Trump, I'm going to go with his racist comments towards that Judge.

He openly showed how his racism could benefit him directly.

CNN ran an opinion piece today on "October surprises"--unexpected events/scandals on the eve of presidential elections that threaten to sway the outcome.

I'm starting to worry that there's going to be a big terrorist attack soon. I'm old enough to remember life pre-911, so I have no faith in the American people on this point--if that were to happen, I think Trump wins this election along with a mandate to "make America safe again."

I don't know what scares me more: The possibility of falling victim to an attack (I'm in a major U.S. city not yet touched by a major terrorist operation) or living through the aftermath.

i-Lo

He's feeding on the fear and peddling the ensuing hatred.. These attacks act as an amplifier and given the narrative some the media outlets weave, I am unsurprised by the outcome. Most people wouldn't give two shits about looking like a bigot if you can convince them that their survival is in immediate danger. They will choose the candidate with inhumane solutions who allays their fears.

Toxi

Banned
CNN ran an opinion piece today on "October surprises"--unexpected events/scandals on the eve of presidential elections that threaten to sway the outcome.

I'm starting to worry that there's going to be a big terrorist attack soon. I'm old enough to remember life pre-911, so I have no faith in the American people on this point--if that were to happen, I think Trump wins this election along with a mandate to "make America safe again."

I don't know what scares me more: The possibility of falling victim to an attack (I'm in a major U.S. city not yet touched by a major terrorist operation) or living through the aftermath.
The risk of a major terrorist attack then is about the same risk as any other time of the year. No sense worrying about it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why has this story gained no traction at all?
Because both sides cannot be seen criticising Israel. If they come out and say this is wrong they are effectively criticizing Israel which is something trump can use to hit Clinton on.

As for the media, they care even less about Palestinians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom