• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump supports raising minimum wage to $10, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
Given the cost of living varies so widely from state to state, and even city to city, to me there's an argument against a nationwide minimum wage. Every state should have a minimum wage, but that minimum wage should vary across the country. A $22/hr minimum wage makes sense in San Francisco, but isn't necessary in Tulsa Oklahoma
I agree in principle. The problem is, conservative states would lower it to $0 if they could. We need a nationwide minimum wage to stop this, and most can agree it needs to be higher than $7.50. No matter where you live, that's not enough to support yourself and or a family.

TarNaru33

Banned
D-Did he just back-hand the entire republican party while backtracking?

That's not how our electoral system works. I'd rather it work that way, but....

If we abolished the electoral college and implemented preferential voting as a replacement for our current First-Past-The-Post system, sure.

Under our current system? That's another story.

Even with our current system, it isn't the same. Its pretty sad to think it is imo. You can call it a throwaway vote, but it isn't a vote for the opposition party, it is simply a lost vote. Yes maths and such, but maths don't account for people's thoughts in their choices and that context matters.

At any rate, I think it is self-defeating to go about telling a person who say they will vote 3rd party, that they are helping the bad guys. It more just, not helping either side.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I feel like he is stating two different opposing thoughts at the same time here.

Just according to keikaku. It creates an opportunity for those people on the fence to find something they agree with and make Trump seem reasonable. For Republican leaners, the bait is federalism. For Democratic leaners, the bait is raising the federal minimum wage.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Given the cost of living varies so widely from state to state, and even city to city, to me there's an argument against a nationwide minimum wage. Every state should have a minimum wage, but that minimum wage should vary across the country. A $22/hr minimum wage makes sense in San Francisco, but isn't necessary in Tulsa Oklahoma
What will happen is that states will be scared of raising the minimum wage because many businesses will just move to surrounding states with lower minimum wages. A nationwide minimum wage works better with the government that we currently have.

Vex_

Banned
I just wish he was more consistent on shit. Ugh. It is so hard to take him seriously when he just flip flops all over the place.

ChuChu

I just wish he was more consistent on shit. Ugh. It is so hard to take him seriously when he just flip flops all over the place.

as long as you vote for him it doesn't matter. it doesn't really seem like he cares, as long as he can win this popularity contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom