• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Surfinn

https://youtu.be/a8otVnIZoXI

Please set aside time to watch this if you haven't seen it yet.

Shannon is preaching.

I'm currently watching this and it's even BETTER than the previous video because there's a running debate between Shannon and the white moderate.

This is fucking golden

EDIT:

It's really great because you get the white moderate dude who's like "I'm shocked!" and Shannon is like WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SHOCKED?!

That exchange sums up the fucking problem right there. Straight up ignorance

How easy it is to spread easily refutable things to Trump supporters

dk3gcivwaaafg8jgas2m.jpg

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/913604644647075847

Seriously, all you have to do is right click on it and do a Google image search and it shows you the original.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Trump supporter failed to burn the Steelers flag and jersey.

In a video unearthed by WorldStar HipHop, an unidentified woman calling herself a life-long Steelers fan attempts to burn her jersey and team flag but is unable to get them to ignite.

According to the woman, who admits that she lives in Maryland, she has had it with the Steelers and their coach Mike Tomlin after they didn’t come out for the national anthem last Sunday.

“For as long as I can remember, I have been a Steelers fan, but I have been an American longer than that” she begins as she stands next to an American flag while wearing a Steelers shirt. “Coach Tomlin, I read what you said, and the fact that you said people shouldn’t have to make a choice. What’s the choice between standing for stupidity and standing for our American flag?”

“From now on, I’m done with the Steelers,” she continues. “I stood for you guys, I fought for you guys, I even argued for you guys — living in Maryland! And this is what I get in return?”

She then attempts to set the flag on fire using a lighter, but it never takes, before dropping it to the ground and making several more attempts to set in on fire. She then holds the torn t-shirt over the non-existent flame before dropping the shirt and calling it “a rag.”

Amazing...

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Trump's race problems are well documented, but I find her argument -- that Trump was using a racial epithet when he referred to them as "sons of bitches" -- difficult to accept. I can understand Tucker's indignation in this regard. Having said that, I did not grow up in the US.

We all know what word he wanted to say. He probably will let it slip at some point, and his supporters will love it.

Yall need to realize there are a lot of people like Skip who are moderate and could easily be persuaded to the side we're fighting for (Skip is on our side just naive) but when you insult them and call them stupid/racist and purity test them saying they aren't doing enough (like the packers and bears linking arms or saints taking a pre anthem knee) you lose those people. The fact of the matter is these shows of unity are getting people's attention, it's on us to educate those in a respectful way so that they come around to our side and not get stuck on semantics.

We all know what word he wanted to say. He probably will let it slip at some point, and his supporters will love it.

It's just a heated gaming moment

hbkdx12

I wonder if there will be any teams/players who do anything during the Super Bowl.

There's no way the NFL doesn't do everything in it's power to have this completely downplayed by time that rolls around.

Consider that in less than a week (two days really) they've pretty much fucked up the entire messaging of Kaep's protest. There's no way in hell they'll have this draw out for another 4 months.

Hell, the NBA is already trying to nip all the protest shit from spilling over into the league now that the season is around the corner

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Very important that NFL players STAND tomorrow, and always, for the playing of our National Anthem. Respect our Flag and our Country!

WE AIN'T DONE, FOLKS

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Donald J. Trump
Very important that NFL players STAND tomorrow, and always, for the playing of our National Anthem. Respect our Flag and our Country!

WE AIN'T DONE, FOLKS
I wish it was Air Force one that had engine problems instead of air France.

Trump is the worst thing to happen to America since the Trail of Tears

Donald J. Trump

WE AIN'T DONE, FOLKS

I thought I told you that we won't stop

I don't think players are gonna kneel anymore
Mueller>Trump>Wealthy 1%>Congress>Cops>NFL and everyone else

Congress and Mueller's standings may shift around a little depending on how Congress reacts to Mueller's findings. I'm not expecting squat from Republicans resulting in an even greater consolidation of power on Trump's behalf. At some point he either falls lower and is finally removed or he really becomes untouchable to the point he does get Americans assassinated or jailed with his rhetoric. Mueller's unveiling of charges will be the critical tipping point.

Linkura

Local news: A substitute teacher took a knee during the pledge, this is an outrage.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/substit...lassroom-during-pledge-of-allegiance/12663765

A Littleton substitute school teacher took a knee while students in her class recited the Pledge of Allegiance Thursday and went on to discuss her political views.

Russell Street School Principal Scott Bazydlo said in a letter to parents that while the district respects the rights of all individuals to take part in or to abstain from the Pledge, it took issue with this teacher's approach.

"While well-intended, this conversation was not part of the classroom teacher's plans and should not have taken place in the fashion it did," Bazydlo wrote.

Russell Street School is home to students in grades 3 through 5.

School officials did not identify the substitute teacher and declined to say if she would be disciplined for fired, calling it a personnel matter.

I don’t think players are gonna kneel anymore

If the NFL owners cave in to Trump's demands after blacklisting Kaepernick then Sunday will be my last day watching pro football. I actually feel bad that this would be what pushed me over the edge and not the other numerous problems the sport has had over the years.

Kettch

"While well-intended, this conversation was not part of the classroom teacher's plans and should not have taken place in the fashion it did," Bazydlo wrote.

Russell Street School is home to students in grades 3 through 5.

School officials did not identify the substitute teacher and declined to say if she would be disciplined for fired, calling it a personnel matter.

So...reciting the pledge of allegiance = part of the classroom teacher's plans.

Discussing the pledge of allegiance and its place in current events = not part of the classroom teacher's plans.

Got it. Makes sense when school is all about obedience rather than critical thinking.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
He is still posting about the kneeling huh?! Going on my fourth weekend without football and it is lovely .... hearing about my Chiefs doing well is cool, but f them until they get their shit together.

GatorBait

Former CIA Director John Brennan

DLA7UM7UIAA0R1I.jpg:large

Damn, Brennan fucking nailed it. It pains me to think that the clarity of thought, directness of intent, eloquence of speech in this statement is greater than anything that Trump will come up with in the entirety of 4-8 years.

I am hoping each and every day that some NBA players defy the league's rule and kneel during the anthem this year.

TraBuch

Banned
So yeah, looks like kneeling is dead. Much like this topic. Trump and the NFL has successfully killed it. Barely any teams had people kneeling during the anthem. The 49ers had half the team kneel during, but every other team either did nothing, stood and locked arms, or kneeled before the anthem and then stood for it.

But it's all good guys. Those guys that kneeled last week made their statement. They showed Trump who's boss. Like I said in my topic where I was so rudely mocked before getting locked, I have zero respect for any of those NFL players that kneeled for the first time last week. They showed their true colors when they didn't do shit this week.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So yeah, looks like kneeling is dead. Much like this topic. Trump and the NFL has successfully killed it. Barely any teams had people kneeling during the anthem. The 49ers had half the team kneel during, but every other team either did nothing, stood and locked arms, or kneeled before the anthem and then stood for it.

But it's all good guys. Those guys that kneeled last week made their statement. They showed Trump who's boss. Like I said in my topic where I was so rudely mocked before getting locked, I have zero respect for any of those NFL players that kneeled for the first time last week. They showed their true colors when they didn't do shit this week.
Turns out people are more than happy to live in a fascist dictatorship.

Damn, Brennan fucking nailed it. It pains me to think that the clarity of thought, directness of intent, eloquence of speech in this statement is greater than anything that Trump will come up with in the entirety of 4-8 years.

I am hoping each and every day that some NBA players defy the league's rule and kneel during the anthem this year.

If all the top NBA players kneeled, the NBA couldn't do shit about it

The Ravens kneeled before the anthem for "prayer and unity" and they were booed anyway. Thats important because it exposes the "stand for the flag" crowd as the racist mob they truly are.

Ponn

Banned
Seeing a story about a HS football coach kicked two young men off team for kneeling. Sorry on mobile but makes me angry at this shit ruining young black lives now. Fuck your privilege you assholes, it's a goddamn song.

Ogodei

Seeing a story about a HS football coach kicked two young men off team for kneeling. Sorry on mobile but makes me angry at this shit ruining young black lives now. Fuck your privilege you assholes, it's a goddamn song.

I wonder if it was at a public school? The free speech rights of students are not as liberal as those of adults, but they are not void, either.

Ponn

Banned
Maybe it's a good thing they might not get CTE. I pretty much despise football now. Well I hate the NCAA and NFL already. I just hope the 2 kids dont need sports to get a decent education shot. I wish all black players on the team quit let that whole school abandon their season.

While I mostly agree with you and how horrible CTE is I also have taken the arguments that sports is sometimes one of the only options for teens to get ahead. Even if they can't make it to the pros it can at least give them a college education. I'm really split on that issue but ultimately it's their decision.

Here's a coach though making that decision for them and taking opportunities from them.

Top Bottom