• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth Seekers - Amazon Primes new Simon Pegg & Nick Frost paranormal Dramady

zbUjWbZ.jpg

ilRo1s1.jpg

Great to see a leading role for Nick Frost. His sense of humour & comedic acting is brilliant. From Spaced on he's been great & I've never been disappointed in his performances.

Mossybrew

This show has a really odd tone, one minute its goofy and dumb and the next they want to play it serious. I finished it recently, its pretty silly overall but somehow kept me entertained.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I love Shaun Of The Dead. I love Spaced. I love Hot Fuzz. The trailer looked absolutely fucking shit.

crumbs

Three episodes in and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to finish. The show isn't really funny, nor is it scary; it's stuck in between and ends up being boring.

Also Simon Pegg is barely in it, maybe a scene or two an episode.

I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying the show. The pace is relaxed, comedy dry & I like most of the cast. Reminds me of detectorists in pace & camaraderie. Will finish the remaining 5 episodes & chime in.

Watched the first 2 episodes and it's ok, very dry... which is fine, but something is def off. It's like how The Worlds End felt really off after Shaun and Hot Fuzz.

Watched the first 2 episodes and it's ok, very dry... which is fine, but something is def off. It's like how The Worlds End felt really off after Shaun and Hot Fuzz.

It's a slow burner for sure, but it gets better & there were some great gags in there.

I'd definitely watch a second season, disappointed to not see Peter Serafinowicz make an appearance since he was involved in the project.

Dazrael

It's a slow burner for sure, but it gets better & there were some great gags in there.

I'd definitely watch a second season, disappointed to not see Peter Serafinowicz make an appearance since he was involved in the project.

I saw the Serafinowicz name and thought Peter was onboard but it turns out it was his brother James.

I rather liked this show, it’s got proper British comedy pacing and some pretty decent jokes. The cast was great and it was decent to see Pegg take a relative backseat and give a chance for Nick Frost to shine. Yeah it was pretty great.

Top Bottom