• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trying to get Switch games to play with GF during quarantine...

royox

...and WHAT THE FUCK are those prices???

2018 ubishit games like Just Dance 2019 are 59,99€ on the Eshop.
The port of Mario Kart WiiU is still 59,99€ and it's 6 years old game.
New Super Mario Bros U is 59,99€ and it's 7 years old.
Rayman fucking Legends is 39,99€ and it's 7 years old.

Same situation with EVERY GAME. Donkey Kong Country Tropical, Diablo 3, Every single lego Game...omg

I got the console at launch for Zelda, Xenoblade and then Octopath and I forgot about it. Now when I require it the most I thought about getting some "old" games to pass this quarantine because usually old games have offers and are cheaper but I check the e-shop and wow, is this supposed to be a console for rich people that can xpend 60 bucks on EVERY game or what?

So after this rant...please can somebody recommend me something to play with her in coop that's its easy to playa and not more than 20 bucks? Indies are accepted.

edit: Also have a PS4 with 2 pads.

Thank you.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, that's Nintendo alright.

Is eBay quarantined in your country or something?

Because their games keep selling well enough at higher prices?
I know why they do it. Better question is why don't the other companies do this? Why do they discount even their best games to make them more affordable for people while Nintendo acts like their 6 year old game is worth more then God of War or Spiderman when in some cases they are much better games.

I get it from a business standpoint, but this puts a lot of people off of Nintendo and for some may make Nintendo seem like they think they are above others.

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a massive Nintendo fan doesn't even mind that he's already had 6 joycons drifting and still continues buying more.

I have also questioned him about why Nintendo games never drop in price. And he seemed defensive and at the same time, proud to pay high price for games on the switch.
He also talks about Sony exclusive games dropping in price to $10 in a few months and how Sony games aren't worth buying at full price.
So Nintendo fans obviously don't mind paying more.

I love Nintendo but their hardcore fans display kind of cult-like behaviour. It's like they rather think of Nintendo's profits instead of their own bank account.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
For generations now Nintendo games don’t drop in price. This is t a fresh rant at all. Ive spent a lot on the eshop. Some deep discounts others I wanted and got full price.

Isn’t overcooked series on sale right now?

it is in US eshop. Make a US profile

Rayman Legends is 75% off too

Last edited:
Top Bottom