• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Anniversary: Back to Pokémon Red!

Link is here complete with chat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG1GD5YLdD8

18OZkXa.gif

Crayolan

We found Mew. It was exactly where you'd expect it.

JB8qLfZ.png

It also apparently has its own version of Cerulean Cave in this hack which it "ran off" to and we're currently in.

toto2379

Neo Member
Wait, they got rid of democracy anarchy?

In

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

A bit late for this, but I wonder if you're still around after the "democracy abuse".

Yeah, we taught Ice Beam, switched party order a few times, and maybe other stuff I forgot via democracy in this run.

Too bad one of the selling points of this run (anarchy-oriented run) has been tarnished by people wanting progress ASAP; there were prominent TPP members and even that chat leader who supported democracy abuse. Of course, the hard mode scared many people, but in the end that fear felt unnecessary, and the length of this E4 was on the level of the shorter E4s.

Hopefully the streamer will learn from that mistake for future runs and put some extra barriers against democracy abuse.

Crayolan

lol

Fuck. The run is basically over and he made it to the Hall of Fame so whatever, but good luck catching Mew/Mewtwo/Moltres without Spore now.

Azure J

This is some Ash Ketchum levels of failure here. Get a godlike Poke to run through things with? RELEASE THEM EVERY TIME

Andrefpvs

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
YEAH
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
YEAH
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
POKÉMON!

Ondore

They got to Cerulean Cave.

They tried to Surf.

THEY TOSSED 95 GREAT BALLS.

There are now 2 Great Balls and 95 Poke Balls to catch Mewtwo.

This will not end well.

Growlie19

Mewtwo destroyed us, dodging every ball thrown at it. Didn't help that half our team was down to the absurd encounter rates.

Mewtwo attempt happening right not. Will edit in results.

Edit: We ran but look how close we were:
tppran_zpsvpbe6ns6.png

Fighting again now. Ran again. Fighting again. Ran again.
Pass to wing, back to centre. Centre holds it. Holds it....

Edit: We're justing throwing Pokeballs which under the Gen I capture rate is not the way to do it. If it is paralysed throwing a Pokeball will give a 12/256 chance of a capture regardless of HP (yes Gen I is strange) or anything. So status is the way to go.

And blackout...

Crayolan

We just caught Mewtwo!!!

I just missed it by a few minutes! Whatever, I'm happy they finally succeeded, we were getting close with those PRZ's quite often last night. Definitely one of the toughest things TPP has ever done.

Now I get to see the diploma for the first time, I suppose.

Of course they succeed while I'm away from my computer to watch. Oh well, at least the painful trek through the Cerulean Cave is over.

Also, RIP MrBadger

Elite 4 round 2 is about to start up. We're in the league now having passed democracy road.

We also fought a trainer in victory road which is why we have more than 1 Pokedollar...

WE DID IT GUYS
WE WON
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Edit: ...Wait, what...
it's not over. Welp, urn over. Rekt by Prof Oak

Crayolan

Guys we beat blue it's teh urn! But then Professor Oak was like lol nope.

1mFe9r1.png

This would be cool...IF WE GOT A HEAL IN BETWEEN WTF

Crayolan

fh5wLtj.jpg

Got to Oak's last pokemon with Cloyster, +5 evasion. Was spamming aurora beam for like 4 turns in a row at that point, and another probably would have ohko'd this Pikachu. Or, if we switched to Clamp that would have been safe too. We instead use double team again, giving us +6 evasion, and Pikachu uses thunder and hits us on the first turn.

I can't even.

Our first obstacle is also our final one.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
fh5wLtj.jpg

Got to Oak's last pokemon with Cloyster, +5 evasion. Was spamming aurora beam for like 4 turns in a row at that point, and another probably would have ohko'd this Pikachu. Or, if we switched to Clamp that would have been safe too. We instead use double team again, giving us +6 evasion, and Pikachu uses thunder and hits us on the first turn.

I can't even.

Our first obstacle is also our final one.

We definitely would have ohko'd pikachu considering the multiplying effects the double teams have on the badge boosts, and the base stats of each pokemon.

Our party is a paralysed Zapdos with 6 HP remaining.

The controls seem to have broken. The game glitched a bit and we walked into the entrance of the hall of fame (but didn't auto walk up to Oak) then had free control and went back to the rival and now can't move.

I hadn't been keeping up with this run too much for the past few weeks but managed to catch it right as we beat Gary and saw the entire battle with Oak. Great stuff all around.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Nice - at work so I missed it. Genuinely impressed by how quickly that went by - took us, what, 20-25 runs? And that's with dragonite being underlevelled and victrebell and venomoth not being all that useful.

Top Bottom