• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Anniversary: Back to Pokémon Red!

There has not really been much progress this day. A few goals are to try and get old amber (won't get Aerodactyl any other way) and the Pokedex up to 50 to get EXP all so maybe someone other than leech king gets to level up.

We also did an in-game trade for a Kadabra which didn't evolve because this hack is completely untested.

Azure J

There has not really been much progress this day. A few goals are to try and get old amber (won't get Aerodactyl any other way) and the Pokedex up to 50 to get EXP all so maybe someone other than leech king gets to level up.

We also did an in-game trade for a Kadabra which didn't evolve because this hack is completely untested.

I fucking told everyone I could about the Kadabra/in game trades for trademon being busted but I'm just one voice in a sea of crazy. :lol

Didn't think that it'd still be a part of the team though without the streamer looking into it.

On a side notethe level scaling went full stupid once you get to Giovanni and beyond.
I just don't see anyway you're supposed to catch up with Pokemon that trainers put out this late in the game. My team on average is in the low 70s while opponents are frequently busting out 90+ Pokemon. It's fucking amazing, stupid and frustrating all at the same time. I respect the effort and idea but Victory Road (whose second floor encounter rates -- with Pokemon all 70 or slightly higher -- are even worse than Mt. Moon's first floor) will probably make or break this Twitch run. If anything, the trainers in Victory Road should have been mid 70s/low 80s at most and scaling downward from there.

Final comment: lol @ the hacker buffing the male Cooltrainer right before the ladder to the second floor of Victory Road (the one with Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ivysaur then Charizard; his new team is Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur and Dragonite at Lvl. 90.)

Andrefpvs

We randomly used Cut on the grass, lol

jLVgGxT.png

1/3 of the Pokedex is completed in 13 days? I'd guess that they will be done with it by the end of March. Now they're getting the EXP All so everyone but Parasect can finally get EXP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So they tried to go to the PC to get rid of Mime, and now all they have in their party is Mime.

Honestly, was any other outcome ever possible?

Azure J

TPP has made it into the grass below Pallet Town and have so far encountered a lvl. 32 Starmie, lvl. 60 Kingler (dubbed Godslayer for OHKOing Dome with Guillotine as its first move) and lvl. 62 Cloyster. This patch of grass is now being called the best thing to happen in a while.

I can't imagine how hype everyone will get if they run into wild Vaporeon here.

Fake Edit: THEY CAUGHT A FUCKING CLOYSTER HOLY SHIT

We're literally blind (stream messed up, but the inputs and game are still there) and yet we somehow surfed to Pallet Town while it happened. We should do this more often.

Crayolan

So we just caught Zapdos with the Master Ball. Again.

Only this time, we came with an open party slot, so no Bloody Sunday.

Bumhat

Only on TPP could this epic battle last for five minutes:

Screen_shot_2015_03_02_at_11_06_45.png

They tried to switch Pokemon about ten times and then our super-pumped level 100 Parasect managed to run away safely from a level 5 Spearow. What a close call!

Actually, right now, our plan is we're going through the battle tent. Again.

Remain calm

NUyttbn.gif

Apparently the streamer patched battle tent back into the ROM. As expected, TPP couldn't resist the temptation, despite the risk of chronic blackouts.

Azure J

I have successfully missed Sabrina, the Blue battle in Sliph, Blaine, and now Giovanni despite being around most times watching the "downtime". I also missed us catching Zapdos again (WHAT THE FUCK).

Please tell me there are archives.

We didn't win the prize but we've not lost our team either...this time, you know with the tent :(

I have successfully missed Sabrina, the Blue battle in Sliph, Blaine, and now Giovanni despite being around most times watching the "downtime". I also missed us catching Zapdos again (WHAT THE FUCK).

There is a youtube channel upload stuff by viewer request and one which I gather is manual. Two Zapdos video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svDDN5QwOdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZPtHq80dlE
Second one is shorter

I didn't know this was still going on. Apparently we're using Missingno somehow (or at least all our sprites are broken). Bizarre. Also, my chat filter doesn't seem to be working. Did it get broken recently or is it just me?

Crayolan

Umm...what happened to...we went to the Battle Tent again didn't we?

Anyway, now that we have 8 badges I figured now would be a good time to post this:
If this run (up until defeating the E4) is somehow shorter than Emerald I'll be amazed.

Sabrina
Blue in Silph
Blaine
Giovanni
Zapdos

The Blaine battle is especially good, we break gen 1 mechanics in 2 different ways in 1 fight.

wow the sprites are completely flipping out. Missingno and the old man.

Any idea how we fix it? Seems chat thinks that battle tent is the only way to fix it, but I have my doubts.

Edit: it is amazing how nuts chat gets when the stream is down.

Azure J

I turn on the stream and see that they've killed Leech King and Neo Battery Jesus by sacrificing them to the Battle Tent gods. ggs no re

Whoa, can't believe that I missed out on seeing Dome and Slowpoke evolve. This team...doesn't seem so bad. A couple typing overlaps here and there, but our team looks decent now.

Inevitable results from the latest attempt to experience Battle Tent (as posted by the reddit live update):

8Rb16ni.png

8wuiZ0M.png

AuWtjtq.png

Fear thy battle tent, agents of chaos.

Azure J

So a little earlier, TPP ran into a wild Level 80 Charizard in Victory Road. Knew Slash, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and a third move I didn't get to see when I tuned in.

It completely bodied the Cloyster that was up in the running and whited them out.

I want to know how come I didn't know final form starters could be caught in game.

Back at battle tent. What could go wrong?

Have we ever actually safely exited battle tent without completely breaking the stream? Both times I've been witness to involved divine intervention from the streamer to save us.

So a little earlier, TPP ran into a wild Level 80 Charizard in Victory Road. Knew Slash, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and a third move I didn't get to see when I tuned in.

It completely bodied the Cloyster that was up in the running and whited them out.

I want to know how come I didn't know final form starters could be caught in game.

Because they can't be caught in the game normally. This is a hacked rom they're using. The goal of this TPP run is a complete pokedex, so in order for that to happen all pokemon must be catchable.

Top Bottom