• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter outraged by “brightened” black character’s skin in Persona 3 Reload

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
200.gif

Good. I hope this ruins twitter's week.
That's a handball. THAT'S A CLEAR PEN!

ligue 1 soccer GIF by Toulouse Football Club

Fatbody

But I thought this didn’t matter though. Race and gender are just player skins you can swap around regardless of any setting, time period, or source material and it wouldn’t matter. Right?

Another day Americans are triggered by Japan.

Haha those funny Japanese always killing themselves!
What about the 100k people in the US dying from drug overdose?
Reeeee....

Ignore Twitter. Ignore Americans. Preserve sanity.

StereoVsn

Whats so messed up is its crickets are outright defending if an existing character is turned black, which is happening on every movie and game released now (for ESG scores or to coattail to woke resetera/reddit types who have been brainwashed), but they have a conniption /hissy fit if a characters skin is made lighter. Something tells me these same fools would have no problem if it was made darker.

To all the nutters out there: How about this? I'll start caring about your whitewashing characters when you start caring and railing against turning existing characters and straight up historical figures black, gay or what not when they originally were not... (like the queen of f'ing England, or Cleopatra)

Can we have some consistency? A guiding principle to go on that applies equally and not one sided? How about "Leave existing characters alone, let them reflect history or their fiction presented in classic literature, games, movies, books, comics, etc... and new characters for new fiction can be whatever the author/creator/designer wants.
Important question, could historical figures still be anime girls? Imagine next Hamilton but it’s all Anime!

39249.jpg

BingGPT to the rescue.

OIG.8ysLviAg6EEaDafdgY0e

Last edited:

Drell

So I guess now, if a white person get tanned in the summer and loses it in Fall/Winter they are racist? Or is the next crazy trend from these people will be that getting yourself some sun tan is considered racist because you are doing some kind of black face?

kevm3

Birdie from Street Fighter

sddefault.jpg

I am outraged. OUTRAGED!

Birdie is a niche character that very few people follow. There's just as much outrage as when they turn a major white character black. Also, it's easier to look past color/race switching when 80% of characters are your race. There was plenty of crying when Rockstar decided to go with LA Gangs and a black protagonist in GTA

Varteras

Gold Member
Birdie is a niche character that very few people follow. There's just as much outrage as when they turn a major white character black. Also, it's easier to look past color/race switching when 80% of characters are your race. There was plenty of crying when Rockstar decided to go with LA Gangs and a black protagonist in GTA

I'm making fun of the situation in general.

Top Bottom