• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two songs leaked from Bjork's Medulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. The BreezeBlock played two songs, Mouth's Cradle and The Pleasure Is All Mine. You can get the two songs, plus a Matmos remix of Triumph of the Heart at http://homepage.mac.com/medulla/.

I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It's different, but still Bjork. I'll need to hear the entire album to make a worthy opinion of it. I do miss the quirky Matmos sounds from Vespertine though.

Enjoy!

bjork

MaddenNFL64 said:
Does bjork like Bjork?

Pre-Vespertine, yeah. I haven't heard these new songs, but I hope she's made another shift in her style with this new album. Not that Verpsertine was a bad album, mind you, it just didn't click imo.

bjork said:
Pre-Vespertine, yeah. I haven't heard these new songs, but I hope she's made another shift in her style with this new album. Not that Verpsertine was a bad album, mind you, it just didn't click imo.

I think Vespertine is her most subtle album. I dunno, I love it...maybe because I am in love with the Matmos guys, they are excellent in creating sounds. Vespertine was the logical step in terms of an album, considering how Dancer in the Dark turned out.

bjork

kitchenmotors said:
Vespertine was the logical step in terms of an album, considering how Dancer in the Dark turned out.

I think that's why it didn't grab me... I don't expect "bjork" and "logic" in the same sentence... Debut was different from Post which was different from Homogenic (we won't count Telegram ;) ) which was different from Selmasongs. So then you get Vespertine and it's in a similar style to Selmasongs, and I guess I was just expecting something in a totally different direction.

Speaking of bjork, I'll have some import boxes and stuff going up on ebay soon if anyone's interested.

These songs are amazing... "Mouth's Cradle" is excellent, lot's going on. It's changed drastically from the live version... sounds like a completely different song. I listened to "Pleasure is All Mine" a few times and it's quite beautiful.. very dark and haunting. <3 This is unlike anything I've ever heard before.. wow. She's brilliant. I was going to post this yesterday, but I figured very few people would care. I'm not going to download any more tracks if they leak.

I actually prefer Vespertine to all of her other albums. It took a while for me to get to that point, considering Homogenic is fantastic.

As for the new tracks, I dig them, but I just can't get past the throat singer Tagaq on "Mouth's Cradle" and parts of "The Pleasure Is All Mine." Her sounds are so prevalent in the mix that it draws my attention away from the rest of the track, like overproduced hi-hats in a hiphop track. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so...pedestrian. I'm not trying to dog her, but the sounds she's making don't sound other wordly or hard to duplicate. It just sounds like a woman off the street panting in different variations.

Then again, maybe I hold a grudge against her after her vocal presence in the Live Box version of An Echo A Stain bordered on comical.

tt_deeb

I'm bumping this and I have grown to love both songs. "Pleasure Is All Mine" Bjork reaches an awesome high note and the whole operatic theme is awesome. but of course the whole song is amazing as well as "Mouth's Cradle" I can't make up my mind which is better.

1st song reminds me of some Aphex Twin experimental type stuff. Pretty cool..

2nd song is awesome.

3rd song is damn good as well.

so far so good. I'm buying this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom