• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tyson DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Right. And OJ was cleared of murder charges, so I guess he's a great guy! Roll your eyes back a little more, so you can see how small your brain is.

No, funnily enough not being convicted of murder doesnt make you a great guy.

Tyson is just one of these American Idols who can do anything and still be popular, i mean you all bad mouth kobe (damn right in my book) and Tyson even admitted as DJ_Tet quoted "I didn't rape that girl, but I figure that I did enough bad in my life to deserve what I got." So Tyson is a saint because he got wrongly convicted of a crime, even though he throughly deserved the punishment he got, and Kobe is a bastard.

Do you just believe everything you read or do you actually form these double standards on your own?

DJ_Tet

Banned
I don't think anyone thinks Tyson is a saint. But he is a tragic figure in my eyes. Like I said in my first post, it's just sad.

Shinobi

Archaix said:
Back then?! It was last year!

Details!

Ghost said:
Tyson is just one of these American Idols who can do anything and still be popular, i mean you all bad mouth kobe (damn right in my book) and Tyson even admitted as DJ_Tet quoted "I didn't rape that girl, but I figure that I did enough bad in my life to deserve what I got." So Tyson is a saint because he got wrongly convicted of a crime, even though he throughly deserved the punishment he got, and Kobe is a bastard.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
So this is what it's all about...because we make fun of your boy toy Kobe all the time, you need to even the scales by pulling Tyson back down too. Brilliant.

First of all, I've always felt that Kobe is probably innocent. I'd wager that most of the people who mock Kobe think he's innocent. But he was a dumb fuck to cheat on his hot wife, he was a dumb fuck for throwing up 85,000 bricks in the finals, and he's also a dumb fuck for wanting Shaq and Phil dropped before resigning with the Lakers (yeah yeah, Mitch didn't make those moves for Kobe's sake, whatever), so I've got no problem making fun of him for that. Let alone the ridiculous "Kobe's better then MJ at the same age!!" crap that half the media decided to run with after his only good game (scratch that, half) of the finals. With all the Laker fans on this board, it's obvious joke material. But being called an idiot doesn't somehow infer that he's a fucking criminal. WTF kinda twisted leap of logic is that anyway?

Secondly, who the fuck said Tyson was a saint? The man beat on his wife, bit off a man's ear in the ring, stepped out of a car to get into a fight, and made a female reporter feel pretty uncomfortable. No one's ever called him perfect. He clearly has anger issues.

Third of all, WTF are you comparing Kobe to Tyson anyway? For better or for worse, Tyson is his own man when he speaks and acts. Says what's on his mind, blasts the whole world one day, blasts himself the next. He's an interesting cat when he speaks, because he can be either soft spoken or completely nuts. On the other hand Kobe's a fucking copy of Jordan from the way he uses cliches to the tugging of his shorts. He's really not very interesting once you get away from the basketball stuff.

And where did you get this idea that Tyson was anyone's idol? He's a fascinating character. So is Saddam Hussein. That doesn't neccessarily make them idols. Far as I know, people are still wearing Bryant jerseys, so I'd say he's got a lot more idol worship going on.

And don't talk to me about double standards...this coming from someone who clearly believe Tyson was guilty in a he said/she said case with no real evidence that he committed a rape, while acting like your boy Kobe did nothing wrong. Check yourself, before you get checked.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I watched the fight last night and the thing I was most disappoined in was the fact Mike decided not to get up. Not like he couldn't, it was just like he refused to.

jase

Tyson was convicted because he had a tax attorney for a defense lawyer, and because of the judge being clearly biased in favor of the prosecution by not letting the woman's previous false accuasation of rape in the trial. Thank goodness the same thing isn't happening in Kobe's case.

MC Safety

Biff Hardbody said:
I've seen instances of where he explained how he felt during a fight, during a loss. It was eloquent and invoked sympathy. I don't know if he is intelligent, or if he is even a good and misunderstand person like many of his fans make him out to be. However, I do view him as a tragic figure.

I've seen instances of where he proclaimed he wanted to eat another fighter's children.

Shinobi

Why did people actually take that line seriously? Lewis doesn't even have kids. That was just Tyson talking shit, getting everyone hyped up for the impending battle. And it clearly worked (well, save for him).

Socreges

Banned
Tyson has an unusually large vocabulary (he even makes up words of his own!). I've personally never considered him as being well-spoken or intelligent, though.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Shinobi said:
Details!

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
So this is what it's all about...because we make fun of your boy toy Kobe all the time, you need to even the scales by pulling Tyson back down too. Brilliant.

First of all, I've always felt that Kobe is probably innocent. I'd wager that most of the people who mock Kobe think he's innocent. But he was a dumb fuck to cheat on his hot wife, he was a dumb fuck for throwing up 85,000 bricks in the finals, and he's also a dumb fuck for wanting Shaq and Phil dropped before resigning with the Lakers (yeah yeah, Mitch didn't make those moves for Kobe's sake, whatever), so I've got no problem making fun of him for that. Let alone the ridiculous "Kobe's better then MJ at the same age!!" crap that half the media decided to run with after his only good game (scratch that, half) of the finals. With all the Laker fans on this board, it's obvious joke material. But being called an idiot doesn't somehow infer that he's a fucking criminal. WTF kinda twisted leap of logic is that anyway?

Secondly, who the fuck said Tyson was a saint? The man beat on his wife, bit off a man's ear in the ring, stepped out of a car to get into a fight, and made a female reporter feel pretty uncomfortable. No one's ever called him perfect. He clearly has anger issues.

Third of all, WTF are you comparing Kobe to Tyson anyway? For better or for worse, Tyson is his own man when he speaks and acts. Says what's on his mind, blasts the whole world one day, blasts himself the next. He's an interesting cat when he speaks, because he can be either soft spoken or completely nuts. On the other hand Kobe's a fucking copy of Jordan from the way he uses cliches to the tugging of his shorts. He's really not very interesting once you get away from the basketball stuff.

And where did you get this idea that Tyson was anyone's idol? He's a fascinating character. So is Saddam Hussein. That doesn't neccessarily make them idols. Far as I know, people are still wearing Bryant jerseys, so I'd say he's got a lot more idol worship going on.

And don't talk to me about double standards...this coming from someone who clearly believe Tyson was guilty in a he said/she said case with no real evidence that he committed a rape, while acting like your boy Kobe did nothing wrong. Check yourself, before you get checked.

Where did i say i liked Kobe? Maybe if i put it in simple one line statements you'll understand

Rapist = bad man
Therefore:
Kobe = bad man
Tyson = bad man

And Bad men dont get pity from me when their lives turn to shit.

I dont belive Tyson was wrongly convicted, I've read plenty and i know that for every two articles ive read, one of them is complete PR bullshit to make tyson out as a victim. In my previous post i was pointing out that even if he was, he said himself he deserved what he got.

Shinobi

Gee, I said something false about you eh? Tit for tat there.

If you think Tyson (and Kobe) committed the rape, then that's fine. I don't...it's pretty clear the trial was a joke on many fronts. As for him saying he got what he deserved, he says that based on the other things he's done in his life. He's never once admitted to rape. Don't just pick and choose what you want to believe from him, particularly when the context of what he said there was crystal clear.

And I still don't know why you brought Kobe up...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Yikes. Tyson where art thou?

Shinobi said:
Why did people actually take that line seriously? Lewis doesn't even have kids. That was just Tyson talking shit, getting everyone hyped up for the impending battle. And it clearly worked (well, save for him).

Lennox does have kids now. ;)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Boogie said:
We can only dream.

But seriously, I'd honestly expect him to turn to K-1 now and make some cash being a spectacle in Japan.

He can't even enter Japan... he did federal time. That's why his contract with K-1 fell through. I talked to Bob Sapp after they were going through all the legal hoopla (really I didn't mean that as a pun) trying to get Iron Mike over here.... he told me "I don't think its going to happen" and it didn't... So Mike had to come back and box again, he doesn't have much aof a choice if he wants to get out of debt.

There's plenty of reasons Tyson eventually fell through the cracks, but I don't buy any of them as a continued excuse for acting like an asshole from time to time though. There's tons of people who had shit lives growing up and they didn't wind up with millions. Yet, they didn't resort to biting other dudes ears off in sporting competitions either. And the bigger problem here is that boxing itself is such a mess. Without one, set federation to govern things, it's like a giant circus. And Tyson fit right in under the big top.

COCKLES

being watched
British Boxers dumps out Tyson...

England thrashing the West Indians at Cricket...

What strange parallel universe have I stumbled into.

EekTheKat

I watched the fight last night and the thing I was most disappoined in was the fact Mike decided not to get up. Not like he couldn't, it was just like he refused to.

Seemed that way to me as well, but then ESPN pointed out that knee injury he suffered really limited his mobility and his ability to throw punches.

I think he could've gotten up but he really had nothing left at that point.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I would hope we can all agree that if Tyson had a completely torn knee ligament (as has been reported), he had no business fighting three more rounds. I hope he gets the benefit of the doubt and gets another match. Hell fight Williams again, get the paydays up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom