• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi Forward] Immortals : Fenyx Rising World Premiere Trailer

Bkdk

From all the technical details seems like they scramble the tram together and make this within 1 to 1.5years, could be a mobile game originally, however i do prefer this to their assassins creed this year and looks surprisingly fun to play. Seems like a fun casual open world action game and I do wish more mid tier single player games development like this to come back, the big publishers are now releasing much fewer games than they used to, i Have been hoping they could ramp up their release count.

MastaKiiLA

Some really cynical takes here. I'd prefer to see how it turns out. That said, I'm always a fan of RPGs that let you change the visible armor, and explore open worlds. My hope is that it doesn't devolve into just another collectathon, with a bunch of fetch quests, and actually maintains a focused story, as mythology is full of interesting tales. I'd probably feel more confident about that if it wasn't Ubisoft at the helm.

Terenty

Lol, AAA is so creatively bankrupt and risk averse at this point that corporations started shamelessly ripping each other off in a broad daylight.

Neolombax

Gold Member
Looks generic, not liking the art style in general. I dunno, nothing in that gameplay video is appealing to me. For the most part. it just reminds me so much of assassins creed odyssey with a new coat of paint.

Wait, so they put male armor on a woman?

That's cultural appropriation. They're taking a foreign/exotic culture and manipulating/altering it to suit their own biases and belief in their own cultural superiority.

#cancelUbi

Gandih42

The gameplay videos coming out after the stream look much better than what they showed themselves. Or could just be that I wasn't getting 1080p 60 FPS during the stream. I think the game and world looks quite pretty for the most part, even though the art style is quite generic. Not a huge fan of the character and monster designs. My biggest concern would be how good exploration and combat feels. I'm not sold from what is being shown so far but it doesn't look awful to me. I just hope the game isn't padded to hell with shallow content.

Oh and the name is god damn awful. Definitely sounds like mobile trash. Gods & Monsters is a bit generic but helluva lot better than what they changed it to. Genuinly impressed that the dev saying "We felt the name Immortals: Fenyx Rising better reflected this new experience" was able to say it with a straight face. What's the next one going to be I wonder. Immortals 2: Dark Fenyx (I can't control it) and then Immortals 3: Fenyx Begins... Apologies for these awful awful jokes.

Ozzie666

Game play videos, make it look pretty good. A lot of action and powers/skills. I am very curious how the puzzles and game play loops are. Can they make it a lengthy experience and keep it somewhat fresh. The art has grown on me. But I understand how people may not like it, if they were expecting the initial style. A bit like Diablo 3 graphic changes.

BatSu

EhoBn-uWoAEYlal

Mr Branding

Topic description made me think this got canned on Switch.
Can't wait to see how it will look on that, but I guess not BOTW-tier.

Saruhashi

Banned
Looks pretty good overall.

I wonder what's gone on that they decided to change the name though?

Gods & Monsters.
Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

How did they get from A to B there?

Interesting choice of music in the trailer too. WTF?

Kind of feel like if the developers want to use the word "Phoenix" in their game then just use it.
If you think the audience are too dumb to be able to pronounce it then just avoid it.
"How about we go with Finix? Fennix? Fenyx!?"
Jesus fuck. Just... why? :)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
UBI continuing to make stuff that leaves me completely cold. Its kinda impressive actually.

martino

Far from what i imagined with the first trailer
Clearly not a day one purchase for me but could be an appetizer down the road waiting the next "next gen" AC.

Last edited:
The original reveal of this game had me interested. It looked like Ubisoft was gonna try to do something cool. The stuff they showed yesterday completely killed any hype I had. Just looks like yet another generic and bloated Ubisoft game. Disappointed.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look terrible to me, although I can’t see myself buying the £84.99 digital gold edition.....

The breath of the wild influence is strong with this one

DESTROYA

My only guess as to why they maybe changed the name is because there was a movie called “Gods and Monsters” and maybe there was some copyright claim 🤷‍♂️

hraz4a7.jpg

Just a guess.

Not sure whats up with all the negativity on this game , love Greek mythology and even if it looks like a blatant BOTW ripoff at least they picked a amazing game to emulate.
Will definitely pick this up at some point.

Top Bottom