• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft’s Star Wars Outlaws and Avatar game might not come to Steam or EGS.

Gamezone

Gold Member
star-wars-outlaws-avatar-steam.jpg

No surprise they are avoiding Steam, because their strategy was to milk the Ubisoft Connect exclusivity, take Epic's money, and release their games on Steam after a year or two. But it now looks like they might skip EGS as well.

hinch7

These guys never learn. We seen how badly EA did with Origin.. now they'll sell maybe 10 copies to the people who use Ubi's launcher.

I thought they had returned to Steam?
A few titles since I'm guessing not enough people were eating up the microtransactions they have rammed in their games that did return to Steam.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if the hostile takeover actually happened.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
No need to focus on PC platforms when they can release on Steam/EGS in 6 months for close to MSRP.

If you are PCMR and want to play the game you have the UBIpass already or you will buy it where it is available.

I can understand why players who have their libraries on certain platforms get butthurt but the publishers(who are also the devs) don’t care.

Buy it or not…

Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's how you get me to not play your game. I would buy it on Epic if it wasn't on Steam but if it's on neither then I ain't buying it. The only other client I use is Blizzard but I really need Diablo, WoW, Overwatch. Well I do use GOG but I don't need to. I could download my games DRM free without needing the client.

I would wager the losses they would have to take by not releasing on Steam day 1 vs Ubi/EGS exclusive are significantly larger than say, a EGS moneyhat. Their loss. Maybe they're trying to lure customers into their launcher for the long run of the business to avoid the 30% royalty they gotta pay Valve, and then release on Steam, a year or two, later.

But majority of copies will still be sold on console, regardless, like almost all 3rd party games.

dont they require you to have the ubi launcher even if you own on steam anyway?

Yep, like most 3rd party platform holders. Same stuff with EA and MS published games.

nemiroff

Gold Member

Edit: Mirage is on EGS, but not on Steam..? Avatar only on Ubisoft Connect..? All of this is so fucking confusing....................................................................

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Reason to skip Steam: Because everyone will buy it on Steam, and not Uplay

Reason to skip Epic: Because nobody buys games on EGS.

It’ll be on Steam eventually, when the dust settles, it’s old, and Ubi Soft wants to scrounge up the sales of people who refused to buy it from their store.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Seems like both SW and Avatar are denied Steam access, possibly also Mirage.. I just can't.. Fuck both Sweeney and Ubi.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Wow, I thought they learned their lesson and that's why their games were popping back up on Steam. Why would they do this? Lmao.

Kacho

Not surprised. They're back on Steam but only after the games are a year + old.

No Alan Wake 2 on Steam either.

Shit like this makes me glad I have a console around still. Fuck these companies trying to force us to user their shitty launchers.

poodaddy

Games are dead on PC if true. They'll come eventually for sure, there's zero chance of that not being the case.

Maybe the steam release happens later. They stand to make most of there money on console anyway because these games will be $70 there.

I see both games selling well because they are attached to two big IPs.

Top Bottom