• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Archie said:

Jim said:
Just a little clarification regarding the screen. That's exactly how Ubi distributed the shot, along with the caption. It doesn't actually say, specifically, that the screenshot in the montage is from the Wii. So who the hell knows

and Matlock said it was a pic of the PS2 version, sure Matlock is not the most credible source out there, but you know...

i think is just goes to show how much the Wii hype is dominating.

i mean really, when has Rayman even had a thread this big? this fast no less? something tells me Ubisoft did take those specific pics for a reason.

what's even crazier is how Nintendo is giving Ubisoft of all devs this much of a spot light.

somethings up i think. please don't take this as damage control. the picture obviously doesn't look that great technically.

but from an advertising perspective, i mean really, everything going down is a bit strange to say the least. granted, Nintendo always does their own thing, but they seem to be in some type of alternate dimension.

Amir0x

Banned
it doesn't look good in any regard

but Matlock's explanation that it's the PS2 version is as good as any; Wii should at least be able to muster up some better character models with textures that shitty and environments that ugly.

Aryuken

Banned
Error2k4 said:
ughhh guys that is a PS2 pic...

Are you sure? Because if so, both nintendo fans and haters have:

airball4215.gif

this is probably all gonna make sense when we see the trailer. again, the advertising.

i think it's fuckin great though. hilarious shit, even without the photoshops, which are quite amazing i think. :D

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
littlewig said:
Yea, because graphics is the only reason to get a new console...

No surprise the haters are latching on the to graphics, I wish there was some more damage control in thsi thread like the Too Human one, man.

Graphics are a major part of getting a new console. Besides Wii, graphics have been the biggest area of improvement for every console that's been released. Even though it's been stated time and time again that Wii's graphics would be current gen level, you can't blame people for being disappointed at this. I'm sure every one was disappointed about Wii's graphics at some point, it's just that some have come to accept it and some haven't.

As far as the controller goes, it's yet to be proven that it's nothing but a gimmick at this point. There's no more room to argue that a new control method is more innovative than improved graphics until people try it and can decide for themselves. People can see the graphics and hear the name of the system and be excited or disappointed. Very few people (if any) in this thread have tried the controller though. We can only comment on what we have seen or heard, so to say that people who are disappointed are haters is a stretch. Nintendo has an uphill battle and they know it. They are fully aware that people will have this reaction and that they have to prove to us that this controller and whatever other secrets they have are more beneficial than what Sony and Microsoft are offering.

Jiguryo said:
Yes, of course. That's exactly the reason why press releases were issued regarding it as a launch title for Wii, and the promo picture is supplied by them too.
Actually, it was issued on accident. The standard press release did not include that pic. It was sent out with some early ones but has been officially recalled by Ubisoft. I'm not making any judgments on what it represents, just passing the word on what Ubisoft told me.

Snogger_T

sp0rsk said:
im so glad we approved your account

I could have just thrown a fit about how the game looks or acted like a child like a good number of the people in this thread did, but I figured a light-hearted picture would be better.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Apparently the image is a "generic" image from the ps2 version.

Nintendo fans can reclaim their jackets

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Chris Remo said:
Actually, it was issued on accident. The standard press release did not include that pic. It was sent out with some early ones but has been officially recalled by Ubisoft. I'm not making any judgments on what it represents, just passing the word on what Ubisoft told me.

At any rate, the press release, artwork and description (''A pic of it running on the Wii, for which you're sternly instructed to use the caption "Control your spider and other creatures by rotating your controller.'') still is at GamesPress.com -- which is the place where I usually confirm stuff for work.

If it was that big of a mix-up, Ubi probably would've requested its removal from the site. And it's still there. Anyway, they can always say "psyche! that's teh atari Jaguar 720 version, lolz'' for all I care.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
So is it "confirmed" that they're from the PS2 version??? I didn't think they were that bad anyways. Needed better furshading. Anyways...this just goes to show that MOST people still can't tell the different between this & next generation.

Not trying to start a war here, but there was alot of people on both sides basically vulturing/defending a PS2 pic just 'cos it was thought to be a Wii pic. HA HA HA...

NINTENOWNED

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
DrGAKMAN said:
So is it "confirmed" that they're from the PS2 version??? I didn't think they were that bad anyways. Needed better furshading. Anyways...this just goes to show that MOST people still can't tell the different between this & next generation.

Not trying to start a war here, but there was alot of people on both sides basically vulturing/defending a PS2 pic just 'cos it was thought to be a Wii pic. HA HA HA...

NINTENOWNED

Kinda. If you think laterally, if they were so fervently defending the PS2 screenshot thinking it was good because it was for the Wii... considering PS2's lower tech specs, Wii's version would be even better than this.

Seriously, I'd be really surprised if this turned out to be PS2's graphics. But I doubt it.

Trurl

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Apparently the image is a "generic" image from the ps2 version.

Nintendo fans can reclaim their jackets
"(The "enemy missiles" have been positively identified as harmless satellites, after the Stocktons' neighbors have already broken down their shelter door.)
JERRY: ...We could throw a nice big block party, just like old times! Anything to get back to normal! Right, Bill?
BILL: (dazed) ...Normal? ...I don't know what normal is. I thought I did once; I don't anymore.
JERRY: Oh, we'll pay for all the damages, Bill.
BILL: ...Damages? I wonder...if any of us has any idea what those "damages" really are. Maybe one of them was finding out what we're really like when we're "normal." The kind of people we are, just underneath the skin--and I mean all of us--a lot of naked, wild animals who put such a price on staying alive that they'll claw their own neighbors to death just for the privilege! We were spared a bomb tonight, but I wonder...if we weren't destroyed even without it."

Trurl said:
"(The "enemy missiles" have been positively identified as harmless satellites, after the Stocktons' neighbors have already broken down their shelter door.)
JERRY: ...We could throw a nice big block party, just like old times! Anything to get back to normal! Right, Bill?
BILL: (dazed) ...Normal? ...I don't know what normal is. I thought I did once; I don't anymore.
JERRY: Oh, we'll pay for all the damages, Bill.
BILL: ...Damages? I wonder...if any of us has any idea what those "damages" really are. Maybe one of them was finding out what we're really like when we're "normal." The kind of people we are, just underneath the skin--and I mean all of us--a lot of naked, wild animals who put such a price on staying alive that they'll claw their own neighbors to death just for the privilege! We were spared a bomb tonight, but I wonder...if we weren't destroyed even without it."

I have no idea what this is from, but it's hilarious :lol :lol

if it's a ps2 screenshot, why would they put it with some kid using a wii controller and then show artwork of the little rabbit thing screaming wiiii?

Mike Works said:
if it's a ps2 screenshot, why would they put it with some kid using a wii controller and then show artwork of the little rabbit thing screaming wiiii?

It's the second megaton: Wiimote to support the PS2.

You've heard it here first.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mike Works said:

because this is a multiconsole release.

Polari

Looks like they released something Nintendo didn't want them to. I don't think that's a PS2 shot, although I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

It's just a little hard to believe that a Wii game is a PS2 game. After all, Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2. It's not even up to Xbox level. Ive also did some digging around. I cant anywhere where it states that the "official promo" screen is from the Wii screenshot version of the game. The only part that directly refers to Wii is the kid's screen. The other could be very well from a PS2 game.

Maybe there was some confusion involved? How exactly do you go a generation BACK in game system design architecture? It's not even Gamecube 1.5. :lol It just makes this kinda hard to believe. Ridiculously hard to believe that is.....

Perhaps what's happened is that the screenshot was assumed to be Wii's bc of the other referring to the Wii version of the game. How often do multiplatform releases only get one version of the game promo'd?

Top Bottom