• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Xristot

gamergirly said:
It's just a little hard to believe that a Wii game is a PS2 game. After all, Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2. It's not even up to Xbox level. Ive also did some digging around. I cant anywhere where it states that the game is from the Wii screenshot version of the game. The only part that directly refers to Wii is the kid's screen. The other could be very well from a PS2 game.

Maybe there was some confusion involved? How exaclty do you go a generation BACK in game system design architecture? It's not even Gamecube 1.5. :lol It just makes this kinda hard to believe.

You expect "decent" but not something from the "past"

Very true, I mean the modelers at ubisoft aren't stupid and they know what they can do with hardware. Gamecube could easily handle that kind of stuff and probably be even better. But, we will see I guess. 6 more days. :D

Trurl

Banned
Polari said:
Looks like they released something Nintendo didn't want them to. I don't think that's a PS2 shot, although I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
Hmm, interesting theory.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Polari said:
Looks like they released something Nintendo didn't want them to. I don't think that's a PS2 shot, although I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
the only wii releated photo they released was that goth kid pic, the rayman pics where from the PS2.

Now that Im thinking about it further....why would Ubisoft promote a system that's not even really revealed yet? Wii over 360 and PS3 which are more well known? It's not like a Rayman game is going to hurt either of the 2 systems' popularity. But of all the systems, PS2 would be the most popular. Why promote the "yet to be revealed"? You'd think Mario would be shown for the Wii before anything did on the system.

This whole situation seems a little bogus to me. Funny but bogus :lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Nintendo has really left its fans out in the cold. In one year, we've gone from wondering just how close to 360 and Ps3 the Rev would get spec-wise, to passing a Ps2 pic off as a Wii pic and hoping that somehow Wii games will look better than xbox games.

Why hast thou forsaken your fans, Nintendo?

Jiguryo said:
At any rate, the press release, artwork and description (''A pic of it running on the Wii, for which you're sternly instructed to use the caption "Control your spider and other creatures by rotating your controller.'') still is at GamesPress.com -- which is the place where I usually confirm stuff for work.

If it was that big of a mix-up, Ubi probably would've requested its removal from the site. And it's still there. Anyway, they can always say "psyche! that's teh atari Jaguar 720 version, lolz'' for all I care.
When I talked to them, they said they were still in the process of talking to all the sites that had the picture. Anyway, again, I'm just saying what I was told, not making any judgments one way or the other.

In other news: holy shit, this thread delivers. Some serious laughs are to be had here.

Polari

Error2k4 said:
the only wii releated photo they released was that goth kid pic, the rayman pics where from the PS2.

Link? Because that doesn't make any sense. Why would they release a picture of a tragically-dressed kid playing Wii and leave it either unaccompanied (there's plenty of Nintendo promo photos to the same effect, Ubisoft are selling a game, not a system) or accompanied by a PS2 shot?

Xristot

Polari said:
Link? Because that doesn't make any sense. Why would they release a picture of a tragically-dressed kid playing Wii and leave it either unaccompanied (there's plenty of Nintendo promo photos to the same effect, Ubisoft are selling a game, not a system) or accompanied by a PS2 shot?

my honest guess would be to use it as a reference image since nintendo may not want any screens out there. Except for red steel i guess.

Polari

Xristot said:
my honest guess would be to use it as a reference image since nintendo may not want any screens out there. Except for red steel i guess.

Yes, but the effect on Nintendo is much worse if they release a PS2 shot posing as a Wii one. Even Ubisoft must've realised that.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Polari said:
Yes, but the effect on Nintendo is much worse if they release a PS2 shot posing as a Wii one. Even Ubisoft must've realised that.

then they realized its just the internet nad its not really a big deal.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
developers have a job ahead of them if they expect their wii games to be as entertaining as gaf wii threads :lol

Scytale

Banned
Walshey said:
wiitardf4fd.gif

OMFG!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ahmad

Banned
drohne said:
developers have a job ahead of them if they expect their wii games to be as entertaining as gaf wii threads :lol

I think every Wii game should have a section where you can access the gaf thread about it. That way you could still get entertained even if the game sucks. :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
drohne said:
ahmad said:
I think every Wii game should have a section where you can access the gaf thread about it. That way you could still get entertained even if the game sucks. :lol

if bob ross Wii allows you to import/export pics on a usb memory stick and "photoshop" them then its really win/win in that situation

Great Rumbler said:
Didn't someone say that the promo was pulled shortly after it made its way to the internet?
Yeah, me. That's what Ubisoft told me when I asked them about it. They said it wasn't supposed to go out (it was supposed to be the "Wii? Wiiii!" pic, which they then sent out later), and they were contacting sites to retract it.

drohne said:

Then that would mean that developers will focus on Wii games coming out better than its competition. Something has to give :D

Chris Remo said:
Yeah, me. That's what Ubisoft told me when I asked them about it. They said it wasn't supposed to go out (it was supposed to be the "Wii? Wiiii!" pic, which they then sent out later), and they were contacting sites to retract it.

Oh well, the photoshops alone made it worthwhile. Thank you, GAF :lol

ahmad

Banned
Chris Remo said:

I was wondering why ign was deleting that rabbit and spider picture in every thread.

I guess Nintendo is realy pissed off right now.

Mrbob

Chris Remo said:

Ahahah, sounds convenient on the part of UBI. They can only suppress this for a couple more days.

The damage has already been done.

Xenon

:lol :lol :lol I am fucking crying here

Even if the Wii is a total disaster this thread makes it all worth it.

ahmad

Banned
I just can't stop laughing at that kid in red. :lol

What the hell is he looking at?? An 80 year naked woman??

:lol :lol :lol @all the photoshops! GAF delivers again. About the graphics, they look really mediocre. Wii must be priced at $99 or $149 at tops.

Snaku

Banned
Project Midway said:
:lol :lol :lol @all the photoshops! GAF delivers again. About the graphics, they look really mediocre. Wii must be priced at $99 or $149 at tops.

It was a PS2 screen FYI.

Top Bottom