• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is discounting The Crew Motorfest less than a month after its release

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-crew-motorfest-c-1024x576.jpg

Ubisoft has announced plans to discount The Crew Motorfest and offer a second free trial period less than a month after the game’s release.

The third entry in the open-world racing series arrived on September 14 alongside a free trial which ran until September 17.

During this period, players were able to sample the first five hours of the game for free, before deciding whether to purchase it.

The new trial, which is running from October 10-20, will again let players try five hours of the game and carry over their progress should they choose to buy it.

The Crew Motorfest discounts and their availability will vary depending on the platform as follows:

• Ubisoft Store (PC) – Special discount from 10th to 24th October (-20% on Standard Edition, -15% on Gold and Ultimate editions).
  • PS4 and PS5 – Special discount from 11th to 18th October (-20% on Standard Edition, -15% on Gold and Ultimate editions).
  • Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One – Deal of the week from 13th to 16th October on Xbox One (-20% on Standard Edition).
  • Epic Games Store (PC) – Special discount from 14th to 21st October (-20% on Standard Edition).

Well, yeah. Nobody was buying this for $70 USD.

I tried the trial and the racing seemed fun enough, but it was soured by the non-stop jibber-jabber from whatever diverse hipster character they wanted me to listen to at that moment. Leaned hard on that try-hard Ubisoft vibe.

Well, yeah. Nobody was buying this for $70 USD.

I tried the trial and the racing seemed fun enough, but it was soured by the non-stop jibber-jabber from whatever diverse hipster character they wanted me to listen to at that moment. Leaned hard on that try-hard Ubisoft vibe.

For some reason, turning off the english subtitles turned off all subtitles, so most of the time, some hawaiian speaking guy talked in his language and I didn’t understand anything :D

The other half of the time, the female voice from the off spoiled everything before arriving at the race (I would have liked to be surprised which car I drive next) or gave me hints, so I don’t got in the danger of thinking for myself.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I played the trial (5 hours too) and it was pretty fun. Had some stuff that the old FH games had and the newer ones have lacked.

Car prices seemed insane though.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I played the demo, and l liked a lot more than crew 2. The game is probably just gone under, I don't know anyone who even mentioned it, let alone knew that it came out.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Hats off to Ubisoft for being the dumb kids who didn’t understand the whole “definition of insanity” in Far Cry 3.

They just keep doing the same shit.

I played the free 5-hour trial the game provides. It is much closer to Forza Horizon 1 and 2 than Forza Horizon 5 by Turn10 themselves. It's nothing memorable in terms of presentation but I found it fun and there are online races with up to 28 players, it is madness incarnate and I love it.

It is a significant step up from The Crew 2 in terms of car physics that's for sure. So I'll probably grab this.

I’ll pick this up when it drops to a more reasonable price. Have a steering wheel and pedal setup coming and I’d love to give this a whirl with it.

Kurotri

well tbf they now managed to make one that's actually good; no point in throwing away an IP if there's room for improvement.
I guess I just never saw this game have any sort of impact. When it comes to racing games all I see is Forza, Gran Turismo and that's that. Not even sure about Need for Speed nowadays. The Crew just never really looked like it was in the same playing field.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Ubi needs to understand that these games should not and will not sell at 70 euros. In fact, I just checked and this shit sells for 80 euros on PSN. EIGHTY FUCKING EUROS.

How can you look at the reception and sales of the precious games and think it's smart to sell this at full price?

You need to either fire your analysts or check yourself before you wreck yourself. I feel bad for the devs who worked on this.

xrnzaaas

Ubi taught people to wait around a month and you're already going to get a discount (even bigger at 2-3 months). Nothing new here, it's just a matter of how big that discount will be.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Never seen so much bitchin about something you have complete control over. I never once heard another voice after the tutorial race. I muted voices and turned off subtitles.

Mossybrew

soured by the non-stop jibber-jabber
I barely played the demo for five minutes and deleted it. Just listening to this announcer chick and the very beginning, the dumbass character they want you to make, the whole vibe was so cringe I couldn't take it.

Last edited:
To be fair, it’s not unusual at all for Ubisoft to use discounts of recently launched games. Especially one that depends on a having a healthy online player base to keep it active.

EDMIX

I mean, that isn't really brand new regarding the AAA space, I'd argue Nintendo might be one of the few publishers that keeps their prices the same for a wild amount of time.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was discounted literally mere weeks after release for Black Friday.

Sorry folks but, stop fucking arguing that a discount of something MUST automatically mean this or that.

I've see flops discounted, I've seen some of the best selling games in history discounted after release...the practice doesn't always tell you if it was based on succeeding or failing.

BennyBlanco BennyBlanco

Agreed.

Ubisoft, Sony, EA, Take Two etc generally drop their prices not too long after release.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't lol

Last edited:
I guess I just never saw this game have any sort of impact. When it comes to racing games all I see is Forza, Gran Turismo and that's that. Not even sure about Need for Speed nowadays. The Crew just never really looked like it was in the same playing field.
This is the big deal. I’ve never seen this mentioned among the car video game enthusiast crowd, and I don’t even see it mentioned along with the arcade racers.

It feels like a racing game series that lost it’s audience.

bender

What time is it?
Buying Ubisoft games at full price that release anywhere near Black Friday has always been a fools errand.

freefornow

Gold Member
Just checked on Xbox store and the only option is "buy" or subscribe to U+ (Lol!!).
Have not redeemed trial previously.

SkylineRKR

Its good but it does feel like a B-grade Forza Horizon. Its less polished, has less personality and while I enjoyed the trial I didn't buy it. I think if you only have a PS5 and crave something similar to Forza this is not a bad game.

I would wait until its 50% off or something.

Top Bottom