• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Motorfest is coming out in September 14 - New Traielrs Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FycJUmAWwAAHepM

FycMYU7aQAApHp7

Pre-order available now: www.thecrewmotorfest.comIt's official: The Crew Motorfest is out on September 14th! Get a glimpse of the full Motorfest experience, with a first look at Playlists and plenty of the numerous additions in the game's lineup. From the Lamborghini Revuelto to the Toyota Supra, Hummer EV or Porsche Taycan Turbo S, get prepared to drive hundreds of vehicles in the ultimate car playground.Pre-order available now: unlock the Toyota GR Supra 2021 LBWK Edition at launch! Play the full game 3 days early if you purchase the Gold or Ultimate edition.​

Last edited:

LostDonkey

This is gonna bomb so hard.

And I don't want it to, it's nice to have other options for racing but I don't think taking on Horizon is a good idea.

UnNamed

Banned
Terrible.

And I am one of those who loved TheCrew 1 & 2.

With this trailer Ubisoft missed the point.

The Crew was a road trip, not a racing game but a driving game were the exploration was a part of the experience. That's why it survived to Forza Horizon, which was a better racong game but sterile.

People wanted a TheCrew set in Europe and they give us this.

I played like two hours of the first Crew game, then uninstalled it and put it in my Abandoned category. That awful Ubi UI, soulless activities, pointless grinding.

Way to take the fun out of driving cars on a big map. Everything I've seen of 2 and now this has only reinforced my opinion that these games are no better.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Jesus christ I need glasses, or a new brain. I saw the title, read it. Clicked into the thread, watched a few seconds.. and realised it wasnt Solar crown

Damn. Wait, where IS Solar crown, dammit.

Rayderism

All I can say is that this is NOT the type of arcade racer I'm looking for at all. It just looks like more of the same open-world racing we've had over a dozen versions of already.

Sygma

Hold up a minute

The guys who made Test Drive Unlimited finally made a racing game that ... kinda really feels like TDU ? (you know before everyone and their mum started thinking that Forza Horizon basically pioneered anything)

day one

Last edited:

Verchod

It does look like a blatant copy of Horizon, but some of what I saw looked fun. Personally, I'm a little bored of Forza Horizon, it's been the same game since 2. Think I might give this a shot.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
No interest in this series. If you enjoy it have fun. Does this one have more towers to unlock the map.

tryDEATH

This game looks graphically rough based on the videos I saw especially in "performance" mode. I just don't see where this game fits, its a bad Horizon knock off and can't touch NFS on the street racing front. The only thing it has going for it is that it's multiplatform and PS guys will get inferior version of Horizion, but they can wait for Test Drive, which I believe will be a much better game than this.

Alpha Male

I have an extra beta key for PS5 for anyone who wants it! Closed beta is today through Sunday.

I was able to play a little bit but it is better than the previous games in every way. The handling is much more satisfying for cars, bikes, boats and planes. Looks and plays great in performance mode with some minor hitches here and there.

Last edited:
I have an extra beta key for PS5 for anyone who wants it! Closed beta is today through Sunday.

I was able to play a little bit but it is better than the previous games in every way. The handling is much more satisfying for cars, bikes, boats and planes. Looks and plays great in performance mode with some minor hitches here and there.

Dude I'd love to check out the beta if u still have that key

drotahorror

Really enjoying the beta, and I have pretty bad open world racer fatigue (thanks forza horizon). Not surprised I'm enjoying it, as I got Crew 2 a couple months ago and found it insanely refreshing compared to FH games.

This is first come first serve, but I have 2 invites left with this link : (might be PC only)

They could have dropped this exact same trailer for Forza Horizon 6 and everyone would be pooping their pants over how good it looks.

drotahorror

This beta is damn good I must say. Just avoid the PC version.
Seen some people having issues. I'm getting steady 60fps, no drops, high preset - 6700k/3060ti.

In contrast to the last beta that I had to cap to 30fps as I was getting horrific fps.

Skifi28

I've been burned on Forza Horizon to the point I don't even want to try the 5th game, I played 3 and 4 back to back and it felt more like an expansion than a sequel. As much as people like to dismiss this game, I wouldn't mind trying somebody else's flavour of the concept. What I've seen so far looks good.

Last edited:

Djin1980

Neo Member
I just spent 3 hours on the beta with a friend, we had a great time. It's super fun, the physic of the cars are surprisingly good, of course it's an arcade game but I felt connected wuth the car with my wheel (DD Pro). The haptics in the DualSense are also super good. It's a day one for me without a doubt.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
It's not optimized or bugged or something. I know Ubisoft are looking into it. I was getting 13fps on a 3070. Changing everything to low didn't help either.
I was invited to an insider version and it had a very weird issue, it was using the CPU's integrated graphics instead of my 4090, so I got like 10-15 FPS, even in the menus in 4K.
The only way to run on the 4090 would have been to go in the bios and disable the integrated GPU.
No thanks, I just deleted it.

I did not try the beta yet but this sounds like they still not have fixed that issue.

nikos

No problems with the PC version here. Barely even utilizing my system (9900k/4090). Only thing that bothers me is the 60 FPS cap, which The Crew 2 also has.

drotahorror

I was invited to an insider version and it had a very weird issue, it was using the CPU's integrated graphics instead of my 4090, so I got like 10-15 FPS, even in the menus in 4K.
The only way to run on the 4090 would have been to go in the bios and disable the integrated GPU.
No thanks, I just deleted it.

I did not try the beta yet but this sounds like they still not have fixed that issue.

What do you need IGPU for anyway? Just curious.

Last edited:

Tunned

No problems with the PC version here. Barely even utilizing my system (9900k/4090). Only thing that bothers me is the 60 FPS cap, which The Crew 2 also has.
I'm playing it and the fps counter is showing me 120fps (although 60fps is selected in the menu), I also have a 4090 but with a 13700k. At least this beta actually works with the 4xxx series cards, not like the last one!

Other wise I'm having fun with the game, handling is quite nice, I can drift my S2000 easily into any corner. Drift and drag events are pretty fun on the highest difficulty.

Only thing that I don't like is that you can turn off nitrous before a race to earn more credits, but the AI keeps on using it, and sometimes it's impossible to catch with the cars the game gives you in events. That and the game need a UI scaler, the UI is way too big.

I've been playing Forza Horizon 6: Hawaii... sorry, The Crew: Motorfest on PC, today and yesterday, and while it borrows very heavily from Microsoft's classic franchise, it does offer some different event types and has a more summery light fun feel to the whole thing that is surprisingly addictive. I was really enjoying it - the Vintage Cars playlist with themed songs for each decade's events was awesome... racing a Ferrari F40 to Blondie's Call Me was just pure joy for me and only marred by the constant radio dialogue that, while informative, does get annoying when you are trying to listen to the music. Game also looks very nice, not quite up there with Forza Horizon5 on extreme PC settings with ray-tracing but close. More like Forza on Medium/High settings and without ray-tracing, if you like. Only has options for 30 and 60 fps on PC, which is disappointing, but the game was running perfectly on my system (well, up to a point...): i5-13600KF, 32 GB, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

Sadly, after some 4-5 hours and completing three of the playlists, the game has started to crash. I've had four now, some within minutes of resuming a save and racing to the next event. I've been submitting crash logs, obviously, but the files all verify correctly and there is no mention of these crashes in under Applications in the Event log on Windows. This is a beta though so issues like this are to be expected. I'm sure they will be fixed for launch. I actually wasn't interested in this game prior to playing the closed beta but it is a big improvement on the bland but competent The Crew, 2 and now I've had chance to try it, it is definitely on my Wanted list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom