• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 127: Just Scrap Baby Jay - 2/26/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sinatar said:
It's just sad that Bisping is too fucking thick to realize the shit talk is just there to sell the fight, Jorge did him a favor by trying to drive up buy rates.

But Bisping is functionally retarded so of course he takes it personal and acts like a complete twat.

Did you see Anderson Silva spit on Chael Sonnen after their fight?

Shit talking to sell the fight is far worse than actual shit talk in my book. Because they really aren't insulting their opponent they are insulting you and I. Save that shit for the WWE.

yacobod

Banned
AstroLad said:
-- i just thought he was a mediocre fighter whose coddling was so pathetic and transparent that ufc can never complain about anything strikeforce does (lashley). but after this fight i actually look forward to him getting wrecked by a top 10 guy

how's he being coddled? he's faced and beaten some pretty good competition in the ufc. the only guy to finish him and convincingly beat him was hendo, who's a hall of fame fighter. his losses to rashad and wand were split decisions that were close fights.

he's had the following fights in the ufc: matt hammill, rashad evans, chris leben, hendo, kang, wand, dan miller, sexyama, and rivera?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
op_ivy said:
it was blatant as fuck to a viewer, bisping however, was just trying to time him getting up. a more "blatant as fuck" illegal knee would be if jorge had been stalling on his knees with his hand(s) on the mat and then received the knee. he didnt, he was in the process of coming up, bisping just took his opportunity a bit too early.

and fuck jorge and his shit talking. i dont care if it was to sell tickets or not. good on bisping for shit talking him after the ass whooping and his corner. the guy is just trying to sell a rematch! dont you guys understand that!?

Why would Bisping want a rematch? He's said over and over that Riviera didn't deserve to be in there with him in the first place.

yacobod said:
how's he being coddled? he's faced and beaten some pretty good competition in the ufc. the only guy to finish him and convincingly beat him was hendo, who's a hall of fame fighter. his losses to rashad and wand were split decisions that were close fights.

he's had the following fights in the ufc: matt hammill, rashad evans, chris leben, hendo, kang, wand, dan miller, sexyama, and rivera?

he was handed that Hammill fight. Should have been a loss.

and Op I don't think anyone has a problem with Bisping's shit talking, people have a problem with a cheap shot illegal knee and spitting at Rivera's corner after the fight. Both of those are bitch moves of the highest order.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ninja Scooter said:

and Op I don't think anyone has a problem with Bisping's shit talking, people have a problem with a cheap shot illegal knee and spitting at Rivera's corner after the fight. Both of those are bitch moves of the highest order.

yeah, spitting (which i didnt see) i agree is over the top.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ninja Scooter said:

He won the last two rounds. Hamil did nothing after the first but get a few take downs and Bisping got up on his own each time. If you want to say the first round was a 10-8 and call the fight a draw fine but there is no way in hell Matt won that fight.

yacobod

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

so how was he coddled again?

ppl's irrational hate is funny, but then again mma GAF was complaining that lay praynard was getting a rematch with frankie over their boy gsot lol

yacobod said:
so how was he coddled again?

ppl's irrational hate is funny, but then again mma GAF was complaining that lay praynard was getting a rematch with frankie over their boy gsot lol

I don't think he's coddled or protected. He's pretty much fought the resume of guys you'd expect a middle of the pack guy in his division would fight, and that's what he is. I think he gets higher profile treatment over the years because UFC wants a bigger presence in Europe but that's to be expected, it's the business part of the sport. It's the reason guys like Tito and Chuck kept getting PPV fights years after they deserved them.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I really liked this card. Other than the Main Event, it delivered in all aspects and was exciting all-around. I thought this was going to be a shit card, but it blew away my expectations. Great to see a Chinese fighter do well in the UFC. Sad to see a Japanese fighter go down. Even when they win, they don't win. Hunt had me laughing for raising his own hand at the end. I'm a fan of that new goofy guy and his awkward style, but I think Fight of the Night should have gone to the Siver fight. Bisping is a POS for spitting and demanding the apology after a tainted victory like that, but I do think he would have beat Rivera even if the knee hadn't happened. Rivera had no takedown defense, which is inexcusable for someone who's been in the UFC as long as he has. I was shocked by the draw. Didn't think the last round was 10-8. I could see why people called the first two rounds for BJ, but they were both somewhat hard to call because of the lack of action. Fitch should get the win simply because he made BJ into a boring fighter who fought Fitch's fight. Hope there is not a rematch. You could tell BJ didn't want to do that again in the interview.

android

Theoretical Magician
Sinatar said:
Otherwise who the hell does Fitch fight to get his belt? He's whupped every other Welterweight of note.

Jon Fitch has far from whupped the welterweight division..because GSP beats them doesn't mean Fitch has too..Dan Hardy, Carlos Condit, Martin Kappman, Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Anthony Johnson, Nate Diaz, Rory Macdonald, Jake Ellenberger.... I say welterweight Grand Prix if GSP vacates...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sinatar said:
Accidental?

k3u89v2s2b.gif

He was going to throw a second when the ref stepped in. Then flips off Jorge's corner, then starts cheering about how a badass cheating piece of fucking shit he is.

2jdp6hxstdf.gif

What a classy guy, certainly someone you should be cheering for.

Bitter tears? Give me a fucking break.

and spits on the corner. bisping is such a douche.

JimiNutz

Banned
Oh Bisping you idiot...

I'm British (not that it really matters) and have a love/hate relationship with this moron (mostly hate).
Sometimes I think, 'you know what, he wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't fake, you can't fault him for that.'
Rivera clearly got under his skin, talked excess trash, and there's no point in pretending like the shit talking didn't bother him because clearly it did.

On the other hand, the knee looked blatantly illegal and as soon as it landed part of me wanted the fight to end and Bisping to be handed a DQ loss. Jones was handed the loss for his illegal 12-6 elbows on Hamill, and if Jones was given a loss for that, then Bisping deserved one too.
The spitting (which I didn't see on tv) was pretty disgusting as well. I'm assuming he was spitting at those other two guys from Rivera's camp that were mocking him in those pre-fight videos...but still, too far and classless.
The UFC should fine him for the spitting IMO.
It's definitely about time he fought someone decent now as well. Marquardt would absolutely annihilate him, would like to see that fight.

As for the Fitch vs Penn fight, I thought it was a draw...
Maybe I need to re-watch, and that FightMetric paints a picture of dominance, but I had BJ taking the first two rounds, and Fitch def taking the third 10-8.
BJ thought he lost, because he took a massive beatdown in the third round so it prob felt like a loss, but he def won the first round and did more damage in the second.
Hopefully GSP beast Shields and moves up to Middle.
Then they can go at it again for the title.

dream

UFC president Dana White admitted he had no idea how things will shake out, but did believe Penn did enough to get the win over Fitch.

"I didn't think it was a draw," White told ESPN.com. "I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch].

"Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There's no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn't a 10-8 round."

Who am I to argue with Dana?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
op_ivy said:
it was blatant as fuck to a viewer, bisping however, was just trying to time him getting up. a more "blatant as fuck" illegal knee would be if jorge had been stalling on his knees with his hand(s) on the mat and then received the knee. he didnt, he was in the process of coming up, bisping just took his opportunity a bit too early.

and fuck jorge and his shit talking. i dont care if it was to sell tickets or not. good on bisping for shit talking him after the ass whooping and his corner. the guy is just trying to sell a rematch! dont you guys understand that!?
LMFAO

cant stop watching that shogun vs jones trailer. sooo good. I cant believe a ton of my friends are saying shogun should be scared of jones. yeah fn right.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

dream

Oh fuck, I didn't realize that was the UG's Brian Ebersole.

Dude got suspended once for working a fight that wasn't actually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom