• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 127: Just Scrap Baby Jay - 2/26/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
ldcommando said:
Battle of the man titties.

Gloomfire said:
Two whales. FIGHT!

WTF, respect the Hunt, dudes a fucking beast!. And respect the big men in general. Fuck.

Sticking by my nominations

FOTN to EberTROLL
K.o_Otn to Hunt probably.
Sub dunno Noke?

Hunt Vs Big Country, make it happen Dana!

dream

I don't think being BFF with Brock is going to save Tuchscherer from getting cut.

Welcome back Mark Hunt!

dream

That was easily the best shape I've ever seen Mark Hunt in. Maybe he's actually starting to care again.

Rur0ni

Siver vs. Sot. *troll face*

Easy money.

Was surprised to see Penn taking down Fitch a couple times there. 3rd round he got fitched though. So boring.

Anyone have a link to the post fight conference if there is one? I feel like a moron as I can not find anything on the UFC site for it. Thanks.

EDIT: Forget I asked it just popped up on the site. :)

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Beardz said:
Fighter of the night:

xEBwz.jpg

They both need to troll faces, Joe and Ebertroll............ then some poorly drawn pink tongues between them wrapped around each other.

Also i think the K.O and casual walk away is the most bad ass thing in history. Hunt, Mousasi and the like, so goddamn awesome.

yacobod

Banned
didn't dana say the ufc is going to be moving to 5 round non title fight main events in the near future? or did i dream that up

Worst thing about this draw is me not getting my money from Eraldo. Dammit. I could have used some new levi's or some gone out to get some sushi.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

yacobod said:
didn't dana say the ufc is going to be moving to 5 round non title fight main events in the near future? or did i dream that up

I think so? That would be the way to go, god you need a 5 round fight per PPV or its just a Fight Night card.

CaptYamato said:

Think you mean

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/ring-vs-fukuda-official-ufc-statistics.html

bloodydrake said:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8DmU2JhAVBI/TWnlJJc0kiI/AAAAAAAABiM/JADeP0ZdkkE/s1600/last.gif[IMG]

Welcome back Mr. Hunt![/QUOTE]

Goddamn Specimen! A strange KO, looked like it was the top (thumb) area of his hand, lucky he didnt break something again.

This card was fucking good.

yacobod

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
I thought he said the opposite?

5 rounds just makes more sense, it would help give a conclusive ending to some of these un-gratifying main event decisions, see machida/rampage or penn/fitch

Fifty

CaptYamato said:
They should go extra rounds for a draw.

K-1 stylez! Oh, and I apologize to all Mark Hunt fans for saying that he was out of shape. He looked like a Samoan GSP out there!

tass0

Banned
Mark Hunt is the fucking man.

I seriously think that he could beat Brock Lesnar.

Hunt must be one of the hardest hitters in the UFC, + with his K-1 level striking = Brock doing his turtle routine.

Chris Tuchscherer is also a wrestler, and Hunt stuffed pretty much all of his attempts.

If Lesnar loses to JDS, set up Hunt vs. Lesnar ASAP.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

tass0 said:
Mark Hunt is the fucking man.

I seriously think that he could beat Brock Lesnar.

Hunt must be one of the hardest hitters in the UFC, + with his K-1 level striking = Brock doing his turtle routine.

Chris Tuchscherer is also a wrestler, and Hunt stuffed pretty much all of his attempts.

If Lesnar loses to JDS, set up Hunt vs. Lesnar ASAP.

I'd love to watch a Big Country V Hunt match up, Big Country has some decent take downs an excellent ground game and some serviceable striking. If Country looses to Mur and Hunt wins his next match it needs to happen.

AranhaHunter said:
This was a subpar event and, besides Hunt, none of the guys I wanted to win won.

I think the unexpected made it that much better. Love surprises.

Conference about to start.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gloomfire said:
Props to BJ for being a man and being honest. Classy.
yeah props to bj for this for sure. i don't really want to see this fight again. i thought fitch won pretty decisively but i guess bj-fitch ii for the belt wouldn't be the end of the world. if i were a gamblin man i'd bet the house on fitch in a 5-rounder even with terrible judges. as i wondered before the fight tho i do think the vegan stuff hurt fitch a little with the weight loss but he was still in classic fitch mode by round 2. he also showed some really nice grappling and defensive jits which he has always been super underrated for

only redeeming thing of tonight: WAR EBERSOLE!

oh big props to the doctors and the judges tonight too

At least B.j. admitted he lost. Usually it would just be an excuse like "a fly was bothering me and I couldn't see Frankie hitting me in the face."

m3k

hahahahaha

wow sorry i missed the mark hunt fight

i had no idea there was another fight on after fitch so i closed the window in protest... i saw mark hunt on a train friday night, i was looking at his hair thinking fuck that guys big and the hair stood out

never knew who he was until i came back to the thread to see if anything else was said about the card and then i see him in the knockout gif

lol small world

edit: oh i knew about his k1 past and hitting from some article about him years ago but he disappeared after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom