• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 127: Just Scrap Baby Jay - 2/26/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
CaptYamato said:
At least B.j. admitted he lost. Usually it would just be an excuse like "a fly was bothering me and I couldn't see Frankie hitting me in the face."

fitch is too grimey to grease like gsp.

dream

Haha, wow, someone tells Bisping that Rivera's camp thinks the knee was deliberate and Bisping should be suspended. Bisping goes "that doesn't surprise me, it's just one classless move after another."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ninja Scooter said:
He fell into a coma watching the third round of the Fitch/BJ fight.
oh i thought dana would enjoy watching bj get dominated and fucked up considering their history

dream

dumbo.png

Jesus, Fitch looks like Dumbo.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
dream said:
I had forgotten how punchy Mark Hunt is.

Doesnt seem to punchy, Maori's as a whole are pretty shy and reserved imo so i wouldnt expect him to be a wordsmith. What he said would probably ring true for him, glad he won, sad about the NZ quakes but cant really donate monies because he's probably broke because he hasn't fought and won in so long.

Bisping doesn't realise shit Aussie's spill isn't totally personal, we just fucking hate Pom's when it comes to any sport.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mark Hunt doing the fighter equivalent of cool guys don't look at explosions. He even kissed his fist before walking away.

Bisping is still a cunt. When Riviera is down from the illegal knee and he's prancing around the ring cheering... jesus christ I want him to be *smashed*. Feed him to Sonnen who can troll the fuck out him prior then back it up in the cage.

Rur0ni

Sinatar said:
Bisping is still a cunt. When Riviera is down from the illegal knee and he's prancing around the ring cheering... jesus christ I want him to be *smashed*. Feed him to Sonnen who can troll the fuck out him prior then back it up in the cage.
Oh yes. Sonnen by destruction.

Sinatar said:
Bisping is still a cunt. When Riviera is down from the illegal knee and he's prancing around the ring cheering... jesus christ I want him to be *smashed*.
He did seem pretty proud of it. All I can think of is the Cobra Kai instructor from Karate Kid in the corner telling Bisping to "knee the head". If I had the ability I would turn that into an awesome gif.

Sinatar

dream said:
And yet BJ still looked so sexy after.

bj.png

Maybe Fitch is the real fists of fluff.

In HD BJ's face looks much worse, a macro blocked low res shot doesn't really do it justice.

Sinatar

I think this draw actually kind of helps the UFC.

Once GSP *smashes* Jake Shields, it's accepted that he's moving up to 185 to fight Anderson. GSP has always said (and Dana has corroborated this) that if he does move to 185 it's a permanent move and he'll vacate the 170 title.

This would leave the Welterweight division without a champion and now you've got a ready made rematch between 2 top contenders who can fight for the now vacant belt.

Otherwise who the hell does Fitch fight to get his belt? He's whupped every other Welterweight of note.

Phloxy

FUCK Fakuda got robbed in the prelims, seriously makes me not even want to watch when everybody and there mom knows who the actual winner was. Fucking stupid. ARGGGGGGGGGG

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah it woulda wound up being penn-fitch anyway most likely just give penn a can and then do it again. quicker this way suppose. penn is just such a bigger draw than any other possible contender it's not even funny.

dream

So the two 28-28 scores in the main event came from both judges giving the first two rounds to BJ and scoring R3 as a 10-8 round for Fitch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LOVIN all the bisping bitter tears in this thread! gave me a big grin (trollface style) at 6am.

accidental knee? cry moar. like brian fellows said earlier (i think it was BF...) jorge wasnt that hurt. big faker. came out strong after, got to the 2nd round, then got his shit pushed in by a superior fighter.

aha.

28-UFC120_Bisping_002.jpg

Hex

Banned
op_ivy said:
LOVIN all the bisping bitter tears in this thread! gave me a big grin (trollface style) at 6am.

accidental knee? cry moar. like brian fellows said earlier (i think it was BF...) jorge wasnt that hurt. big faker. came out strong after, got to the 2nd round, then got his shit pushed in by a superior fighter.

aha.

Agreed.
Then they all go back to their golden bacne boy Sonnen, who roided out and talked just as much if not more shit yet Bisping is so terrible?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
op_ivy said:

aha.

Bisping is definitely the better fighter, but what accidental knee? You mean the one he pulled back for, hesitated, then went for anyway? Bisping knew exactly what he was doing and gave himself an unfair advantage. Rivera wasn't knocked out but he was clearly rocked, he couldn't even stand properly after the knee landed.

Mark Hunt, fuck ya! I was sure he'd get kimura'd. Haha, at the press conference it sounded like he forgot what it was like to win. Happy for him. Did his takedown defense improve or does that Tuchscherer guy just suck. He trains with Brock.

This was a decent UFC. Ebersole is awesome. Some my friends were getting pissed and some of us thought it was great. I felt bad for Lytle though.

Hex

Banned
Archaix said:
Bisping is definitely the better fighter, but what accidental knee? You mean the one he pulled back for, hesitated, then went for anyway? Bisping knew exactly what he was doing and gave himself an unfair advantage. Rivera wasn't knocked out but he was clearly rocked, he couldn't even stand properly after the knee landed.

In that situation, you try to catch them getting up.
A split second later if his knees were off of the ground it would have been completely legal.
You can not see their knees, you have to assume that they will be trying to get to their feet as fast as they can and not staying on their knees hoping to get a better look at your junk.
It was accidental.
If it was anyone other than Bisping it would be a non issue.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hex said:
A split second later if his knees were off of the ground it would have been completely legal.
You can not see their knees, you have to assume that they will be trying to get to their feet as fast as they can and not staying on their knees hoping to get a better look at your junk.
It was accidental.

No, if it was anybody who didn't spit at the opponent's corner after the match and proceed to interrupt the doctors with the losing fighter to scream at him some more, then it would be a non issue.

I've always been on Bisping's side, I thought he got an undeserved hard time from most fans.

I was wrong.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that was one of the most blatant knees i've ever seen. rivera had both fucking knees on the ground. this wasn't a situation where he was playing around keeping one hand on the ground or some shit. bisping styles himself as this all-around fighter with wonderful tactical awareness i dunno about that but it doesn't take GSP to notice when a guy has both knees on the ground and not go for an insane knee to the dome. and then to talk shit while rivera is recovering and go up to him after the fight and tell HIM to apologize? jesus christ he made paul daley look like mousasi out there with his bullshit. total disgrace

i didn't really hate much on bisping before -- probably because i don't watch TUF -- i just thought he was a mediocre fighter whose coddling was so pathetic and transparent that ufc can never complain about anything strikeforce does (lashley). but after this fight i actually look forward to him getting wrecked by a top 10 guy

fwiw i saw the sonnen stuff above and i'm one of his biggest detractors. i don't want to watch sonnen wrestlefuck bisping because i just could not cheer for a guy in that fight (although gun to my head i would probably have to cheer for bisping there). also i think some of the people on sherdog at least calling for sonnen are forgetting that his wrestlefucking is generally not that intense or damaging. he took more damage in the marquardt fight than marquardt did for example and that was a total domination.

i say give him belfort or marquardt. i'm PRETTY sure the ufc has finally run out of excuses to stop babying this guy but who knows wouldn't be all that surprised if he somehow magically got kendall grove or someone. maybe they'll give him someone they know to be injured and then say whoops kendall grove has to fill in at the last minute. i mean are there really any limitations on what the ufc will do in terms of spoonfeeding him opponents at this point?

Hex said:
Agreed.
Then they all go back to their golden bacne boy Sonnen, who roided out and talked just as much if not more shit yet Bisping is so terrible?
Don't worry he'll get his shit pushed back by someone in the top 10.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Come on astrolad, how can you say that knee was intentional? It's obvious that Bisping just forgot he wasn't fighting a midget. Happens all the time in the heat of a fight.

Sinatar

op_ivy said:

Accidental?

k3u89v2s2b.gif

He was going to throw a second when the ref stepped in. Then flips off Jorge's corner, then starts cheering about how a badass cheating piece of fucking shit he is.

2jdp6hxstdf.gif

What a classy guy, certainly someone you should be cheering for.

Bitter tears? Give me a fucking break.

Sinatar said:
Accidental?

k3u89v2s2b.gif

He was going to throw a second when the ref stepped in. Then flips off Jorge's corner, then starts cheering about how a badass cheating piece of fucking shit he is.

2jdp6hxstdf.gif

Bitter tears, give me a fucking break.

wow Bisbing should be Paul Daleyed for that.

EYEL1NER

Hex said:
It was accidental.
I thought that it was intentional when I saw it, maybe he was caught up in the moment, but Jorge did seem like he was on his knees for a while in the process of getting up. I mean, I can see why the knee was thrown if he thought he was getting up. It was quite the pause.

Hex

Banned
Sinatar said:
Accidental?

Bitter tears? Give me a fucking break.

Of course he was going to throw a second, if you do not know the first was illegal why wouldn't you be setting up for a second?
So what, after all of the shit talking and all of the videos that 'El Conquistador' threw out there it is supposed to be all hugs and tears after the fight and respect all around?
People want to escalate because they see Koschek and Sonnen do the heel gimmick and you can not be shocked when the bad blood does not vanish after the fight.
Again, the knee was accidental and no judges or Dana or anyone else seems to be contesting that.
The rest may have been bad sportsmanship but he brought it on himself.

Hex said:
Of course he was going to throw a second, if you do not know the first was illegal why wouldn't you be setting up for a second?
So what, after all of the shit talking and all of the videos that 'El Conquistador' threw out there it is supposed to be all hugs and tears after the fight and respect all around?
People want to escalate because they see Koschek and Sonnen do the heel gimmick and you can not be shocked when the bad blood does not vanish after the fight.
Again, the knee was accidental and no judges or Dana or anyone else seems to be contesting that.
The rest may have been bad sportsmanship but he brought it on himself.
Actually, Dana thought the knee was intentional and also clearly had issues with Bisping's general behavior as he spoke to him after the fight.

"Comment from @danawhite on Bisping: [The knee] absolutely looked intentional and you don't do that."

And I would think a fighter with as many fights as he has would know what's illegal and not illegal. It's one thing to 'accidentally' knee a guy when they use the rules by having a hand on the ground but it's another when the guy was as obviously on the ground as you can get. He flipped off his corner and was cheering while the officials was looking at Rivera, at that point you can't deny he knew it was illegal.

Beyond the whole post-fight spitting/trash talking, he also blatantly cage grabbed to prevent a reversal which is another illegal and point-deductible action.

You might as well dismiss Daley's actions (which I do think are overblown but still blatantly illegal) because "Koscheck brought it upon himself." Most unsportsmanlike behavior might be excused like that.

Sinatar

It's just sad that Bisping is too fucking thick to realize the shit talk is just there to sell the fight, Jorge did him a favor by trying to drive up buy rates.

But Bisping is functionally retarded so of course he takes it personal and acts like a complete twat.

Did you see Anderson Silva spit on Chael Sonnen after their fight?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ninja Scooter said:
You are on crack if you think that knee wasn't blatant as fuck. And no, shit talking before fights does not excuse cheap shots.

it was blatant as fuck to a viewer, bisping however, was just trying to time him getting up. a more "blatant as fuck" illegal knee would be if jorge had been stalling on his knees with his hand(s) on the mat and then received the knee. he didnt, he was in the process of coming up, bisping just took his opportunity a bit too early.

and fuck jorge and his shit talking. i dont care if it was to sell tickets or not. good on bisping for shit talking him after the ass whooping and his corner. the guy is just trying to sell a rematch! dont you guys understand that!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom