• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Who wins the trilogy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Aside from that moment he had Poirer in that choke hold, McGregor would had got smoked anyway if it went to round 2 with no broken ankle.

He's got zero ground game.

Awesome striker on his feet. The second someone gets him to the ground, he's actually terrible for a top ranked fighter.

mansoor1980

obligatory and appropriate

68.gif

Dustin won, no doubt about it.

Conor talked about putting Dustin out on a stretcher, guess who's going to be walking out with a crutch lmao.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows where McGregor ranks. Aside from that filler fight with Cerrone, he's lost to Poirer twice and Khabib once. And got smoked all three fights.

According to UFC he's #5 in Lightweight.

Is he even a top 10 now?

Who knows where McGregor ranks. Aside from that filler fight with Cerrone, he's lost to Poirer twice and Khabib once. And got smoked all three fights.

According to UFC he's #5 in Lightweight.

Is he even a top 10 now?
Knowing UFC and their hard-on for Conor, probably just bumped down a rank or two.

He's been no.5 with barely any effort, won't change now.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Gold Member
Oh come on man, the guy is hardly sitting on the couch doing jack shit.

His father passed away and he retired for his mother and went into coaching with almost zero delay, you can't chalk him out to be nothing but a couch warrior.
I think Khabib is a GOAT but there's no point engaging the shit talk when Dustin is the one doing the hard work

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Lmao Khabib can stfu. World greatest twitter couch warrior lately

lol he's been training with his boy islam for his fight against thiago next week prolly wants dustin to get the belt cuz he thinks islam can beat him

Last edited:

Velcro Fly

Greg Hardy getting knocked out and then Conor getting the work for 5 minutes before getting hurt. Not a bad card.

Would have loved to see Poirier finish him but who cares. Conor is washed. I thought that coming in and nothing that happened tonight convinced me otherwise.

Yoboman

Gold Member
McGregor's biggest issue is his loyalty to his camp

It seems like he trains with a bunch of yes men and hasn't evolved in 5 years because of it

I remember an interview with Kavanagh where he basically admitted that Conor decides his own training regime and that Conor knows more than him. Thats really not the co a ch you want

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Disappointing ending and maybe the end of Conor's career. I think he's probably still a top 5 lightweight. It may be that Dustin at this point is just a terrible match up for him. I'd like to see him fight Dan Hooker or Dos Anjos next.

On a completely unrelated note, I would also like to see Holloway move up to lightweight again. I think he's improved and could potentially win the belt.

Top Bottom