• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3

Who wins the trilogy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fartist

Gold Member

Chris Pratt What GIF

manfestival

How so?

The guy was new but could take punishment

O Malley was Holloway like out there

Cmon dude in no way did O Malley get exposed at all in that fight
yall must've not been watching the fight. Don't get me wrong. He has already been exposed. They were just totally stroking him and hyping him up. Sure he has good offense but his defense is garbage. I shouldn't have to point this out

mekes

McGregor is becoming God tier at digging himself holes he cannot climb out of.

Dustin kicking his leg was a bitch move. Conor opens up with a hundred kicks.

Submissions dont count. The moment Dustin closes in McGregor tries to submit him.

Dustin is leaving on a stretcher. Conor leaves on a stretcher.

Always humble in victory or defeat. ???

manfestival

Did u watch the fight? O'Malley was on point today and levels above.
Lol what are you talking about? You clearly didn't watch the fight if you think his defense was good. He got clocked a bunch of times by a last second bum. Yall really drinking the koolaid on this guy and putting the blinders on for some reason. Smolka woulda been far more interesting than random green hair dude that managed to do a way better job than anyone would've expected. Congrats to him for making offensive records while beating on a human punching bag that shouldn't have been in the octagon I guess. There was nothing to learn here about him. It is like watching a professional football team crush a highschool team that somehow managed to score a couple touchdowns in the process. This stuff should really be self explanatory. His loss versus Marlon Vera was very revealing. Especially since Vera lost to Aldo afterwards... an Aldo way past his prime.

Side note: I was on point with my picks as expected. Maybe not the way I was hoping Conor went out.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't think that bilionaire conor want to risk a destroyed leg like weidman\silva, he has powerfull leg kick but one good check from dustin and the risk is there, even if it's pretty rare, the fact that it happened recently can instill fear in a guy that probably doens't have the fighter heart\dog in him anymore.

I know it sound like reaching, but if i was a bilionaire, i would never risk a leg amputation, even in the fight game (weidman was very close to that).

I think that is the main reason why every fucking fighter in the roster doens't use calf\leg kicks even if you can literally win a fight with them, when they get checked it hurts like a motherfucker\risk of breaking a leg.

(but maybe i'm talking out of my ass and conor is gonna win by leg kicks, who knows)

lol he's been training with his boy islam for his fight against thiago next week prolly wants dustin to get the belt cuz he thinks islam can beat him

Call me mystic Gym because i predict these things 🕺

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I always wondered what happens when somebody is knocked out in the first round. Do the fans get some compensation for having their fun get cut short? Pay cash money for a massive PPW and it ends in the first round 🤦‍♂️.

You mean like UFC 194 when it ended in 13 seconds?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Minus the snark. What the fuck happened to Connor's ankle? Weak bones? Lack of Supplements and or diet? Partying? Checked kick? Combo of all?

manfestival

lul

Also loving the comments on youtube from all of the McGregor supporters that were saying that Dustins dominance in round one was just another Chad Mendes. These people are ridiculous or just trolls lol

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
As a fellow irishman im delighted he lost the fight. He's after turning into an absolute nacker.
Ever since the bus incident he just started getting more and more like a fucking scumbag.

At first it was great to watch someone to represent Ireland in the UFC but stuff he's said and done many people don't like him anymore. Also I personally believe he's found of the bag

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Predicted Conor to lose but not with a broken ankle. He wasn’t the same after the Mayweather fight. It’s just down hill for him now if he steps back in to the octagon.
I don't know which UFC fight it was that really piled him the big bucks, but I'd guess it was around the Nate Diaz days when his pay days got huge. Then add in $100s of millions he made off that shit whiskey he sold (he sold off his shares recently for $600 million split across people), the Mayweather fight that supposedly made him another $100 million, and now he's just a clown who knows how to make money.

His fighting days were over 5 years ago. His recent fights (aside from the over the hill Cerrone fight) are not even close.

But he knows how to promote, knows being a rebel ass gets lots of fans who like smack talkers (especially fighting irish followers), and he could lose 10 matches in a row and still be a top card fight money.

He reminds me Kobe Bryant his last few years in the NBA. The guys performance dropped like a rock as he was getting injured and old where he was shooting 35%, yet still loved by fans and making the allstar game.

DKehoe

As a fellow irishman im delighted he lost the fight. He's after turning into an absolute nacker.
Ever since the bus incident he just started getting more and more like a fucking scumbag.

At first it was great to watch someone to represent Ireland in the UFC but stuff he's said and done many people don't like him anymore. Also I personally believe he's found of the bag
I've recently been hearing more and more Irish people saying they see him as an embarrassment because of how he acts

I just heard about this the other day

image0.jpg

Pretty scummy to bar a guy from his local over your dented ego

pel1300

Why is it that the biggest champions or stars in the UFC end up being drama queens and hated by everyone?

Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Conor McGregor

Exceptions seem to be GSP and Khabib. They both retired on top too.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I've recently been hearing more and more Irish people saying they see him as an embarrassment because of how he acts

I just heard about this the other day

image0.jpg

Pretty scummy to bar a guy from his local over your dented ego

We don't have a ton of sports stars so it was really good to see one dominating but ultimately he's let us down with his poor attitude and acting like a complete scumbag. Maybe one day when he's older he will understand kinda the why Tyson has in his old age

Last edited:

Truespeed

McGregor's biggest issue is his loyalty to his camp

It seems like he trains with a bunch of yes men and hasn't evolved in 5 years because of it

I remember an interview with Kavanagh where he basically admitted that Conor decides his own training regime and that Conor knows more than him. Thats really not the co a ch you want

So you're saying playing touch ass in the park with your motion coach isn't part of a well balanced camp?

manfestival

Why is it that the biggest champions or stars in the UFC end up being drama queens and hated by everyone?

Tito Ortiz
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Conor McGregor

Exceptions seem to be GSP and Khabib. They both retired on top too.
Anderson Silva was never the villain. He had arrogance from time to time but it was more like Muhammed Ali than Conor McGregor. Silva still bowed and showed respect unless he was completely disrespected by his opponent.
Jones only really became this way with DC. Something about DC that brought out the darkside of the force from Jones. Otherwise, prior to that he was amazing to watch up and coming. Real shame Jones ended his own career prematurely.
I really couldnt consider those 2 to be comparable to Conor. Not even really Tito... Tito was just a cocky douchebag and really dumb.

With all that said... Conor was amazing to watch up and coming. Like someone said in here earlier. He really lost it at the bus incident.

highrider

Banned
Meh, Connor you can’t be that inactive a beat the top 155 guys with any regularity. Connor has good coaches, but he needs a coach to be straight with him. He’s a better martial artist than Dustin imo, but he’s not beating anyone loading up his left hand and stalking for a big shot. Watching Connor fight Alvarez, he was a great counter puncher, always changing levels and attacks. He’s predictable now. When you’re cocky and trash talk people just delight in your losses.

Last edited:

INC

Gold Member
We don't have a ton of sports stars so it was really good to see one dominating but ultimately he's let us down with his poor attitude and acting like a complete scumbag. Maybe one day when he's older he will understand kinda the why Tyson has in his old age

Connor has his own "troubles" it seems

GymWolf

Gold Member
People are strange if they think about conor winning the match after the first round.

He gassed his arms with that guillotine attempt and his body with the wrestling\ground and pound from dustin, he was done.

pr0cs

I always wondered what happens when somebody is knocked out in the first round. Do the fans get some compensation for having their fun get cut short? Pay cash money for a massive PPW and it ends in the first round 🤦‍♂️.
This is such a strange take, you only feel like "you got your money's worth" if a fight lasts 5 round?
It was a disappointing end but only because the fight was really interesting and the round had almost ended allowing for a reset. Not because it was a dud of a fight at all.

I won't even mention some of the other fights that were awesome including Tuivasa doing endless shoeys with scrubs in the crowed after his KO

This is such a strange take, you only feel like "you got your money's worth" if a fight lasts 5 round?
It was a disappointing end but only because the fight was really interesting and the round had almost ended allowing for a reset. Not because it was a dud of a fight at all.

I won't even mention some of the other fights that were awesome including Tuivasa doing endless shoeys with scrubs in the crowed after his KO
People are out here paying top dollar to see two of the best in the business have at each other for 2-3 rounds at least. To have it end in the first is some embarrassing and disappointing shit. Usually the main event is the cake and the additional fights are the cherry, but this time around the main card and preliminaries were the entire cake.

Top Bottom