• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFO OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cmon now was it really neccesary to close the UFO thread? A thread we've been using for a long time now? In a topic like this, fringe videos or links might be posted.
But this is not Reeee ,let's not close threads because we personally don't feel like it's worth anything or achieved anything.

I would personally like to request it again, especially now that medical records of Grusch has been leaked:

Cmon now was it really neccesary to close the UFO thread? A thread we've been using for a long time now? In a topic like this, fringe videos or links might be posted.
But this is not Reeee ,let's not close threads because we personally don't feel like it's worth anything or achieved anything.
This is the right way to getting the topic closed and yourself a ban, first post, whining about something stupid. It's a bad look, and a very bad start to a OT

Live long and prosper though I guess

MMaRsu

Banned
This is the right way to getting the topic closed and yourself a ban, first post, whining about something stupid. It's a bad look, and a very bad start to a OT

Live long and prosper though I guess
My bad I didnt mean to thread whine or anything like that, I just dont understand why it was closed. Yes the topic itself sets itself up for fringe discussion but it wasnt like people were convinced of crazy stuff, it was a good discussion topic with not too much crazyness.

What's his medical record got to do with it? Is it mental health or something?
Apparently it's been leaked by one of his former employers, presumably to attempt to discredit him. There's a section of his initial interview with Ross Coulthart where they go into it a bit more so its not even new information.

My bad I didnt mean to thread whine or anything like that, I just dont understand why it was closed. Yes the topic itself sets itself up for fringe discussion but it wasnt like people were convinced of crazy stuff, it was a good discussion topic with not too much crazyness.
The best thing to do would have been to wait. It's already been asked, politely and calmly, to reopen the topic. Given a few days or a week, you might have found it open again

Comparing it to the other site, is a major red flag, you've been here long enough and posted enough to know this....come on...

Other than this, asking a mod or evilore, politely and calmly, can we please open a new topic, would have been the way to go
There's no politics, but it was asked, and we got a Ukraine war thread. It was done the right way

I didn´t follow the other thread. Why was it closed?
It was closed because of things like this...
It was closed because of mod cope.

MMaRsu

Banned
The best thing to do would have been to wait. It's already been asked, politely and calmly, to reopen the topic. Given a few days or a week, you might have found it open again

Comparing it to the other site, is a major red flag, you've been here long enough and posted enough to know this....come on...

Other than this, asking a mod or evilore, politely and calmly, can we please open a new topic, would have been the way to go
There's no politics, but it was asked, and we got a Ukraine war thread. It was done the right way

It was closed because of things like this...

I didnt see where it was asked my bad if a mod can delete this topic then please do so. My fault

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
oprah-and-you-get-a-ban.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom