• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Spider-Man 2 Review went up earlier: Praises The Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
The long-awaited release of Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is very close to happening and all we have about the game so far are leaks with images and even videos.

However, one of the leaked videos were an earlier review that went up earlier. It's worth mentioning that the video has already been privated, but not fast enough as people managed to watch the video.

Another important detail is that the YouTube channel responsible for the video does not give a "rating/rating" for the game, it just said that "I loved it". The review has no spoilers
097962.png

Details:
  • Combat has improved a lot;
  • There are many personal and emotional moments in the game, even in side missions;
  • Side quests have been improved, etc;
  • Loading is impressive (loading screens);
  • Furthermore, gadgets are used in a shortcut system where you can choose the four gadgets you like the most;
  • This means that you cannot use gadgets indiscriminately like in the last game, being more strategic;
  • Obviously, the defense move is a lot of fun;
  • Each enemy requires a specific type of gadget or movement, meaning it is more strategic;
  • The length of the story varies between 18 and 25 hours, depending on whether you do side missions or follow directly to the end;
  • It is suggested the best quality of open world you will play, and you will not get bored or have unnecessary content.

Last edited:
I loved the first game and all of that sounds like music to my ears. I did feel the first one felt a little long, so that game length sounds like a sweet spot.

• There are many personal and emotional moments in the game, even in side missions;
  • Side quests have been improved, etc;
This was my biggest hope. There is no reason for side missions in a spiderman game to be filler(aside from teaching you a new mechanic). He has a ton of intriguing side stories from the comic books that can be used to flesh out the world and characters, and it would not interfere with the main story heavy hitter characters like Venom, Fisk, Goblin, etc.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This is exactly what the Arkham Batman games were doing back then, and I love them for it. Gives the combat some depth.

On the other hand, the spider-man games will become even more clones of the Arkham games in terms of combat system

Hey as long as Insomniac doesnt eventually go the way of Rocksteady, it's all good to me man.

We're following up Spider-Man 3 with FUSE 2, a thrilling upcoming GAAS title that's the sequel to the one game we've made that no one gives an iota of a shit about.

saintjules

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? Do you really lack that sort of basic self control? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I mean it's your world but damn, its like a kid approaching Christmas that just HAS to search all over the house to see what they're getting :messenger_grinning_squinting:

It's because I choose to watch it. These things are hardly going to destroy my perception of the game, so it doesn't bother me.

OMG my eyes will burn if I see leaks prior to release. must go dark. MUST GO DARK NOW!

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

I want to hear more about this advanced swinging, the automated traversal killed some of the fun with the first game.

I want swinging like the Neversoft Spidey games!

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? Do you really lack that sort of basic self control? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I mean it's your world but damn, its like a kid approaching Christmas that just HAS to search all over the house to see what they're getting :messenger_grinning_squinting:
The first hour of a game is fine. Most outlets end up posting that type of content to youtube anyway. My issue is when developers or reviewers reveal too much of the mid game/late game content.

There was a massive spoiler about Starfield posted as a topic here a couple of months ago, and the reason the OP of that thread didn't consider it a spoiler was because a dev had mentioned this spoiler in an interview article, as if it being an interview somehow nullified it from being a spoiler.

I don't trust the reviews for these kinds of games, because after the first one was praised and ended up being Arkham with a spiderman coat, not as well designed and more bloat...I'm going to need to play for myself. One thing I hope is the set dressing of the world is more dynamic and less static. Game never felt lived in.

The pigeons in 2 are fat and a lot more realistic to New York. They barely fly and are easy to catch.

Our pigeons wear timbs, eat baconeggandcheese in the morning, and take the subway to work...let them be.

Last edited:

Crayon

Straight sequel to a good game from a team who knows what they're doing.

Reviews are not going to be the most exciting but we'll do our best to tear each other's faces off in the thread. When life gives you lemons, make a huge embarrassing mess.

Top Bottom