• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Warrior rips NWA/TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
"Finally. And again. There are rumors circulating again that Ultimate Warrior is returning to the ring. If he is I don’t know about it and I believe I’d be the first to know -- after all, his heart beats through me. The rumor, put out I've been told by NWATWA?, Jimmy Hart? and others, is that I even called looking for job. It's a lie. Another sham, this one revealing the tiny, shriveled impotent character of NWATWA and those over there.

For the record, let's get it straight. I don't call for a job. Jimmy and you others who can't seem to get on with your life beyond your failed wrestling experiments -- if there were or are to be any phone calls made, it's you making them because you need an UW, not because I need you. That kind of confidence smacks of arrogance to some, I call it doing the right thing -- defending myself and my integrity when bullshit comes down the pike. Apparently, you guys are on a never-ending mission to mischaracterize me, as well as use UW's name to create buzz for your soon to fail, always failing, wrestling ventures. The only positive hype you guys get is that you drop the Ultimate Warrior name; that you continue to do so says as much. And here I thought the whole world knew -- UW and I were such pieces of valueless, profitless garbage...

Still today -- STILL TODAY! -- UW's name, in wrestling genre forums, generates more interest, grabs greater attention than all others, even though apparently he was a no good, no talented, no drawing SOB. I say, first, thank you for expanding the legend of The Ultimate Warrior. I really do appreciate it from the bottom of my f'all-you-pathetic-people heart. Second, maybe you should quit beating the show horse none of you could ever be. Look in the mirror, grow up. Recognize I beat you already. Beat you at your own game, your own "work." Was better. Still am.

I am Warrior."

j866g4z3.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Joe said:
why the hell is there so much drama outside of the ring?
Because there is no industry where oversized ego, testosterone, politicking and backstabbing come together like pro wrestling. You're constantly worried about your spot, how your character is portrayed, who has the belt (and receives the associated adulation from the crowd) and who is keeping who down. Throw in the constant travel, low pay (for the vast majority of wrestlers), wear and tear on the body due to the nature of the work plus working out to maintain your look, and it's no wonder why wrestlers are tweaking out on painkillers and ripping each other in the media.

WTF would UW do if he returned to wrestling anyway? Can he even wrestle? All I remember of him is a lot of shaking and spazzing out. Maybe he would throw a punch once in a while.

Ryck

I wish I still had the match when he came back in wcw..... I can't seem to recall if he had in ability left in him or not.

Cerebral Palsy said:
Admirable? As in pathetic, right?

Not really. I loved the Ultimate Warrior character. It is disturbing that he lives the gimmick, but the guy still has fans, he can still extend that 15 minutes another 30 secs as soon as his name is dropped. That's not bad. You know how actors are pissed about being typecast? Not UW... No matter how much shame and teasing, the guy still embraces that character.

Koko B. Ware doesn't get the nod cause everyone knows it's the bird that gets more pops.

shoplifter

Ryck said:
I wish I still had the match when he came back in wcw..... I can't seem to recall if he had in ability left in him or not.

The one with the damn trap door that basically ended Davey Boy Smith's career?

I used to like Ultimate Warrior until he came to WCW and made a promo where he spewed the word "Warrior" fifteen times in a sentence. I think he was talking about Hogan but I don't really remmeber. The word "Warrior" and "Nation" sure was burned into my brain for some reason.

bjork

Warrior used to be the best, with those insane promos.

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NORMAL!!! YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BREATHE THE SAME AIR AR HULK HOGAN AND MYSELF, etc.

Then he comes back at WMXII, squashes HHH, and it seems like things are good.

Then the next night on RAW:

"Hey kids! Warrior here!"

That was like WTF eternal for me. Hasn't been the same since.

Dujour

Banned
Cool avatar, evil ways. That's from the Batman Forever animated video that ugh, what'stheirnames did. Forgetting their name is sin :(

bjork

king zell said:
why did he leave WWF shortly after WM12 ?

He missed a comic store appearance because of family emergency. Vince wanted Warrior to pay the appearance fee back to the comic shop owner from his own pocket.

Warrior said no, Vince said "you're suspended until you pay it", and next thing you know we're getting OwN in WCW...

impirius

shoplifter said:
The one with the damn trap door that basically ended Davey Boy Smith's career?
Yep. At the Nitro I went to (Greenville, SC... Ric Flair's awesome "ABUSE OF POWER" rant), they rolled a big "WCW Prize Patrol" cart out and parked it right next to the ring. It couldn't have been more obvious if Warrior had sneaked to the back under a cardboard box, Solid Snake style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom