• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXistor

Wow a near perfect score, what a surprise... Ditch those damn 0.1 scores folks, no one can ever justify a 0.1 difference.

Radec

that fucking bangladesh!

MW3 will be the one releasing on the 11th!

I already planned my vacation leave on Nov 2-4 for a 10 day vacation!

:p

Corto

Radec said:
that fucking bangladesh!

MW3 will be the one releasing on the 11th!

I already planned my vacation leave on Nov 2-4 for a 10 day vacation!

:p

11th is Skyrim I don't know what is this MW3 that you are talking about.

delta25

Banned
Playing through UC2 right now and I have to say that graphically this game is on a whole other level above and beyond any game on any platform. Sure other games may have the "wow factor" and look amazing at what their trying to convey, but IMO UC2 is unmatched. Its hard for me to even imagine that UC3 is going to look even better.

11.1.11 NOW!!!!!!

There's no official thread to say this but I'm playing through UC1 right now and it's gorgeous! Looks as good if not better than most game today and this is from 2007. Very impressed. The enemies are damn sponges though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Since this is a review thread I'm not posting spoiler tags (that's just silly). I'm glad the playmania review noted that the puzzles were greater in difficulty. That's one thing that they really needed to improve in Uc2.

Pranay_ said:
Review Details from Playmania. Almost no Spoilers, their were 1 or 2 i removed it but still adding the adding the review in spoiler tags lol
- Combat is showy and spectacular
- One of the reasons things are so spectacular is becuase of the contextual animations
- Nathan’s actions can change based on the level and whatever is near [ you can any object like a vast and use it]
- Much attention to detail
- Moments that you won’t expect (like pipes breaking while you climb and other similar surprises that keep you on guard)
- A great game that you won’t find on any other console
- Lighting/shading effects have been given more care
- Some areas that are true works of art
- Epic soundtrack
- One of the best adventures on PS3
- Reviewer praises the dubbing (remember, this is a Spanish review)
- Reviewer seems to say he misses bosses (there are only different types of soldiers)
- Some feelings of “deja vu” (only sometimes)
- Game is so good that the couple of points above aren’t too significant
- Reviewer praised the fact that co-op and competitive multiplayer can be played in split-screen, both local and online
- The 3D effect is very successful, one of the best they’ve seen
- 101 treasures and relics invite you to re-play the levels to see everything
- Persecution on foot in Yemen
- Many new features/changes for multiplayer
- Co-op has 5 levels, including one of Borneo Uncharted 2
- It’s the closest thing to playing as Indiana Jones
- The reviewer says that the single-player mode will take about 10 hours
- The game is a visual spectacle: it’s a game that enters your eyes, you have not seen anything like this on the PS3 or other consoles
- It’s Nathan’s most dramatic and intense adventure
- Shooting takes up most of the action, though there’s still platforming, puzzle-solving, etc.
- Each area is unique
- Great animations: in each level, Nathan has different gestures and details, like staggering in a ship with waves
- The recreation of water in the game is second to none
- If you don’t know Chloe/Elena/Suli, you’ll get lost with plot details, but nothing that’s too important
- The good: graphics, dubbing, situations, gameplay… it’s a gem with almost no weak spots
- The bad: Some levels seem quite reminiscent of Uncharted 2. That’s it.
- The best adventure to enjoy for on the PS3, fun for, technical quality, game options, and emotion
- From an artistic point of view, Uncharted 3 is a marvel; you’ve never seen such terrific scenes
- The puzzles have gained something in difficulty even though the game doesn’t look to make you get stuck
- Uncharted 3 conveys the desolation feeling of being lost in the desert; the game conveys many feelings
- Graphics: Simply one of the best on PS3 (99/100)
- Sound: Magisterial dubbing, effects and soundtrack. A pleasure to the ear (99/100)
- Entertainment: Intense, varied, replayable, secrets (99/100)
- Length: 10 hours single-player, online co-cop, a lot of replayability (97/100)

from gamingeverything

Game of the forever confirmed!

Pranay

"Uncharted 3 is Drake's most varied, compelling and overwhelming adventure ever! It is jaw-dropping... The whole game is full of highlights. One of the best games ever for the PlayStation 3 to date."

94/100

Power Unlimited Dutch Magzine.

CrunchyFrog said:
OT but ive never been satisfied wuth the proof of 0.999...=1, always bugged the everloving shit outta me

haha, isn't that the basis of all kind of rounding in math ? Does rounding bother you?

Pranay

I doubt that the score 94/100 cause the guy who is saying is an xbox and gears of war 3 fan and their is no mention of the score.

thuway

Pranay_ said:
I doubt that the score 94/100 cause the guy who is saying is an xbox and gears of war 3 fan and their is no mention of the score.
Edit: Confirmed. If you translate the comment section some of the fans mention it.

Majmun

thuway said:
Edit: Confirmed. If you translate the comment section some of the fans mention it.

The guy doesn't mention any scores.

What he had to say about Uncharted 3:

"The reviewer thinks this game is nothing more than a masterpiece"

Gears 3:

"Best Gears game to date, according to the reviewer. The score is very high."

The guy is just promoting the magazine and cockteasing the audience into buying the issue. But no scores are mentioned.

thuway

Second said:
The guy doesn't mention any scores.

What he had to say about Uncharted 3:

"The reviewer thinks this game is nothing more than a masterpiece"

Gears 3:

"Best Gears game to date, according to the reviewer. The score is very high."

The guy is just promoting and cockteasing the audience into buying the issue. But no scores are mentioned.

The youtube commetns are suggesting otherwise. Or is this some silly rumor started on the internet?

Majmun

thuway said:
The youtube commetns are suggesting otherwise. Or is this some silly rumor started on the internet?

No, Gears 3 is the best scoring game. But he doesn't mention any scores.

Well, I just visited a Dutch gaming site. Uncharted 3 did get a 9,4.

Gears 3 got a 9,6

Read a review in a newspaper last night before it was taken to the presses.

It wasn't much of a review, more of a syndicated PR piece. 5 stars out of 5 in any case.

GameE

Second said:
No, Gears 3 is the best scoring game. But he doesn't mention any scores.

Well, I just visited a Dutch gaming site. Uncharted 3 did get a 9,4.

Gears 3 got a 9,6

Confirmed then?

thuway

I really want to see what some of these Western Outlets have to say. ND might as well just let the online review embargo come up.

Dyni Crippler said:
Oh boy, another misused vote.
9.9 should only be for true masterpieces, like Deus Ex 1.
I love Uncharted, but it's no 9.9.
PWJGB.gif

GameE

Second said:
Yes, according to Dutch gaming sites.

But it's Power Unlumited. Who cares...

Who cares about the scores if you plan to buy the game anyway.

A review is a review and its good to separate whats true and what isnt :p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Pazuzu9 said:
Uncharted 3 is 0.2 worse than Gears 3?

OMG. CANCEL CHRISTMAS.

Even if their metascores end up being 2 points apart, it's extremely unlikely that that would constitute a statistically meaningful difference, so everyone who is obsessed with numbers needs to chill the fuck out. A 2 point difference out of 100 in a sample of 2 is as meaningless as a thing can be.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Even if their metascores end up being 2 points apart, it's extremely unlikely that that would constitute a statistically meaningful difference, so everyone who is obsessed with numbers needs to chill the fuck out. A 2 point difference out of 100 in a sample of 2 is as meaningless as a thing can be.
Too late. I called up Saint Nick and he's not coming. He was a big Naughty Dog fan - loved the snow levels in Uncharted 2.

It's over.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Pazuzu9 said:
Too late. I called up Saint Nick and he's not coming. He was a big Naughty Dog fan - loved the snow levels in Uncharted 2.

It's over.

I don't care because I'm too old to believe in Santa Claus, but thuway is gonna be pissed.

thuway

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I don't care because I'm too old to believe in Santa Claus, but thuway is gonna be pissed.

Hey hey, lets not hate, I'm buying this game day 1, at twice the price you Americans pay for it in Pakistan :(.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
thuway said:
Hey hey, lets not hate, I'm buying this game day 1, at twice the price you Americans pay for it in Pakistan :(.

Just joking around, no hate intended. You do need to relax about the numbers, though. Tiny differences in scores don't mean anything. Also Gears 3 is at 91 on metacritic and UC3 has a reasonable chance of beating that.

What "many feelings" does this game convey?

I better be both sopping my eyes out, soul-searching, infatuated with joy and somehow turned on... all this during the course of playing through this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom