• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unity death threat that close office came from an employee

Draugoth

Gold Member
update-unity-death-threat-came-from-an-employee-v0-FmFegfXJgi6gbVl8vy6zxEmZlmacvIUwaSBS36KnoBc.jpg

San Francisco police told Polygon that officers responded to Unity’s San Francisco office “regarding a threats incident.” A “reporting party” told police that “an employee made a threat towards his employer using social media.” The employee that made the threat works in an office outside of California, according to the police statement.

Here’s the full statement provided by San Francisco public information officer Kathryn Winters:

On September 14, 2023, at approximately 0930am, San Francisco Police Officers assigned to Central Station responded to the unit block of 3rd Street regarding a threats incident.
When officers arrived on scene, they met with a reporting party who informed them that an employee made a threat towards his employer using social media. The reporting party also said that the employee works at an out of state location for the company, but that they had been unable to reach the outside jurisdiction to make a report.
The reporting party was advised to contact the jurisdiction in which the incident occurred, and officers took a courtesy report.

I'd like to know what the death threat was. I've seen before where "You should kill yourself" and "I hope you die" are considered death threats. Those are not nice things to say--pretty heinous, really--but they're not direct threats, I don't think.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahaha. And gaming industry people wonder why management doesn't take them seriously. That's industry people for ya. Always wacky and weird.

i guess they are not united after all

200w.gif

yeah..............
The arent. But like all employees who think they are getting goosed by bosses, they got to put on a brave face to ensure they dont bash one of their own or else it looks bad giving management a more chill professional image. What you'll get is dead silence from colleagues.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a guy in that other thread that ranted about gamers and claimed devs would never do something like this?
It wouldn't matter. That poster would understand that there's an intersection between both. You have to really enjoy video games to want to create them, because a job as a games developer is too risky, too volatile, and not secure enough compared to other jobs out there. You're literally working in the entertainment industry.

Killjoy-NL

It wouldn't matter. That poster would understand that there's an intersection between both. You have to really enjoy video games to want to create them, because a job as a games developer is too risky, too volatile, and not secure enough compared to other jobs out there. You're literally working in the entertainment industry.
You're right, but that's not what he was claiming.
Doesn't really matter though, as you said.

As for the drama itself, it's entertaining.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No matter the drama there is always unenviable "oh no we got death threats".
Bro... 12yo saying he will kill you and rape your mom in a cod lobby is not death threat.
Someone writting on twitter "Ima murder your ass" is not a death threat.... besides... I never see those posts and everyone is acting like if there were hundreds of those

Top Bottom