• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Banned
Or it's almost like someone telling you to keep your chin up and pull yourself up by your bootstraps doesn't mean you will magically be winning from then on, especially if you're a woman in a medieval society.

When the whole point of moving Sansa to Winterfell is to speed up her character progression over her stay at the Eyrie in the books, it's pretty bad that all they did was repeat what's happened to her for four seasons already but with added rape. There was no progression or pay-off despite plenty of opportunities such as the corkscrew.

Mr Git

Finally saw the episode today, avoiding spoilers was difficult. Fairly certain Jon's resurrection is absolutely happening, as Mel's arrival back at Castle Black (rather than having never left) can't be for nothing.
Olly was expected and was still dreading it as soon as he mentioned Benjen to Jon. It hit my girlfriend pretty hard, I had to point out the significance of Mel to her. Then reminded her about Beric but she couldn't remember them haha.
Tyrion being left to Meereen purgatory is a little annoying, hopefully they're taking that somewhere decent. Was surprised at Varys' appearance there, I suppose it'll be a while until he kills Kevan.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, I don't get it either. I suppose one could be confused by the fact that they just showed Myranda fall to her death from a significantly lower height, but even then it's kind of obvious that this isn't the way they'd show it if the intention was them dying.

Next season tagline: "Game of Assassin's Creed: Hay Thrones"

JDSN

Banned
I love how excruciatingly long the walk of shame was, shame that I dont consider this an episode as much of a series of cliffhangers cut with no pace at all.

Just had a random thought. There's obviously going to be an immediate manhunt once Ramsay discovers what they did to Myranda and that they've escaped. So, let's say Brienne and Pod happen upon Sansa and Theon, and take them in.

Some time later, they are caught up to by Ramsay and 20 or so good men. Who wins? Ramsay, the infallible, or Brienne of Tarth, the greatest swordsperson in the history of television?

Who you got?

Brienne is fueled by honor and protecting Sansa is her sworn duty. Once she finds out what he did even a shirtless Ramsay stands no chance.

kharma45

I wish they had shown Brienne's reaction to killing him. Over three seasons of her wanting to avenge Renly, and when she finally does they cut away.

EDIT: Looks like the site is claiming Jon is dead as well. Which I don't buy for one second.

I wouldn't have an issue with Jon being dead, seemed reasonably clear cut. Stannis was the more ambiguous one but I'm happy to go with him being dead too.

Mr Git

I love how excruciatingly long the walk of shame was, shame that I dont consider this an episode as much of a series of cliffhangers cut with no pace at all.

The walk of shame was excellently done. Horrific and just how I imagined it. Ser Strong though.. In the books is his face mentioned? I remember it just being darkness inside a helmet but the show.. c'mon he's clearly a zombie.

Kickz

So dumb the timing of certain things that happened,
-personal confession I am your father; boom surprise I am dead now.
-Lights candle in tower, surprise I just missed you, even though this was my ONE job.
-Hey I need help governing this city, welll here comes the one guy who can help

Fuck off

Sean C

Or it's almost like someone telling you to keep your chin up and pull yourself up by your bootstraps doesn't mean you will magically be winning from then on, especially if you're a woman in a medieval society.
Or it's almost like Sansa has a character arc in the books about learning to play the game of thrones, which the writers completely discarded in favour of making her relive her season 2 story, except with added rape, and by framing it as a sign of her becoming a player even though she does nothing and completely fails.

When the whole point of moving Sansa to Winterfell is to speed up her character progression over her stay at the Eyrie in the books
That was never why they did it -- not even they claimed that.

News Bot

Banned
-Lights candle in tower, surprise I just missed you, even though this was my ONE job.

Fuck off

Convenience is a hallmark of fiction. However this show does it to the point of parody.

Fuck off

I'm not one to complain much between book and show but one area Martin's writing just shits all over the show is how he can weave stories together. The Arya journey to the Red Wedding was a masterpiece. In the show some stuff is just lazy and these are prime examples.

Fuck off

The only one that really stood out to me was the candle in the tower. Like really? Right as she turns around it lights up.

So Elio and Linda have officially dropped the show. I don't care about Linda dropping it but Elio looked super down about it and I can't really blame him.

You can definitely tell Linda rules Elio with an iron fist lol. I like him but jeez bro...some Saving Silverman shit going on here.

Kickz

The only one that really stood out to me was the candle in the tower. Like really? Right as she turns around it lights up.

The whole damn thing was a farce.

Also where was the explanation for little miss Red riding hood?

Formula this season appears to be, fill the ep with a whole lot of filler/nonplot, then end in a gruesome death to make it seem like something important happened.

Direwolves on this show. Sometimes they just appear and have a sense when their master is in trouble (saving Bran) or appear to save others (Gilly's would be rapists/wight at the Night's Watch) so they clearly do have some sort of 6th sense or intuition.

Why couldn't Ghost sense Jon's demise or what the NW were up to? He's certainly roaming around all free.

Kain

I'm mad right now, but I won't drop the show. For all my criticism I enjoy most of it. It's the little avoidable things that kill me. That and the fuckup Stannis has been, fortunately that time has passed and now they can't fuck up any other character I like. I think.

I'm mad right now, but I won't drop the show. For all my criticism I enjoy most of it. It's the little avoidable things that kill me. That and the fuckup Stannis has been, fortunately that time has passed and now they can't fuck up any other character I like. I think.

Somebody in the Dany, Daario, Jorah, Tyrion, Varys, Greyworm and Missandei camp is bound to get fucked up. Too many goodies there.

suzu

Direwolves on this show. Sometimes they just appear and have a sense when their master is in trouble (saving Bran) or appear to save others (Gilly's would be rapists/wight at the Night's Watch).

Why couldn't Ghost sense Jon's demise or what the NW were up to? He's certainly roaming around all free.

The most loyal wolves on the show seem to be Summer and Greywind. Ghost does whatever he wants!

Direwolves on this show. Sometimes they just appear and have a sense when their master is in trouble (saving Bran) or appear to save others (Gilly's would be rapists/wight at the Night's Watch) so they clearly do have some sort of 6th sense or intuition.

Ghost hates Jon on the show. They should have let him get the final stab.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I have just one question.

Was it Lena Headey during the walk of atonement, or a body double, with her face CGI'ed on? Really seemed that way. I know it was a body double during the part where she's getting washed and cut though, but what about the actual walk?

So now that I've had some time to reflect.

I liked the fall of Stannis. His face by the time he saw the Bolton army was that of a defeated man almost looking forward to his death. The actor pulled that off well.

My biggest current problem with the show is that they have really started to fall into the spoonfeeding and leading trap of generic shows. They are catering to a "dumb" audience. The whole Olly thing is a perfect example of building up and concluding with the obvious.

You can tell because how many show only viewers called out a lot of outcomes based on the shows plot leading. This takes away from the impact of scenes like Jaime's hand being cuttoff, Ned's beheading, Red Wedding and others.

I get the need for collapsing story lines and altering time frames. I'm ok with that. Just don't dumb down the show so much please. That's all I really ask.

Kaladin

AsUrDVA.gif

suzu

Was it Lena Headey during the walk of atonement, or a body double, with her face CGI'ed on? Really seemed that way. I know it was a body double during the part where she's getting washed and cut though, but what about the actual walk?

Both. She was pregnant during filming.

Yeah, she was apparently pregnant. So if it's just a shot of shoulders and up, that's Lena. Anything else is some lady, and Lena's face is CG'd on for front shots.

DueFiumi

Neo Member
I thought it was kind of funny how Cersei still looks great even with short hair. Lena really pulls that look. In the books I imagined her to be a lot uglier.

Kain

Somebody in the Dany, Daario, Jorah, Tyrion, Varys, Greyworm and Missandei camp is bound to get fucked up. Too many goodies there.

Don't care for any of them. I'm team Ramsay until Mads is cast as Euron. They can't fuck up Euron, no matter what they do, he is still a pirate with an eyepatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom