• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she gets the hand at least in the finale.
81f3d266110f4ae3a2cc7bd14b667f7d-d8siyke.jpg

Sean C

The new trailer confirms that Yara/Asha will be in Volantis. Yaratarion/Ashatarion.
Maybe the reason Yara is suddenly into the ladies is because the writers need for the Victarion replacement to want to bone Dany.

Just imagine, Yara and Dany's wedding, while Jorah looks on, a single tear escaping his eye just before greyscale petrifies it.

Iksenpets

Banned
Maybe the reason Yara is suddenly into the ladies is because the writers need for the Victarion replacement to want to bone Dany.

Just imagine, Yara and Dany's wedding, while Jorah looks on, a single tear escaping his eye just before greyscale petrifies it.

This needs to happen. A whole season of Jorah stuck on a cramped boat with Yara and Dany, spending every night listening in on hot lesbian action in the next cabin over and crying himself to sleep.

All this has me so hyped for the new season (against my better judgement, after last year) that I'm currently marathoning season 3. And now you've got me wanting to rewatch season 1 of Rome.

Speevy

Banned
I would like to meet the person who paints and sews the sigils into everything.

That's the most important job. Without it, no one would know who you want to kill!

bengraven

I have to admit - I've bailed out of this thread for the last year because I honestly didn't feel the amount of negativity that you all did. Yes, the Sand Snakes were lame - as lame as the "run, dogs" thing from the previous season. But I had no issue with Sansa-gate and I liked Arya's ark.

But I digress.

The reason for posting this is that the hype is starting to hit me hard for Season 6.

Pretty sure that's the two of them trying to convince the "Northern Lord" to fight against Bolton.

Iksenpets

Banned
I have to admit - I've bailed out of this thread for the last year because I honestly didn't feel the amount of negativity that you all did. Yes, the Sand Snakes were lame - as lame as the "run, dogs" thing from the previous season. But I had no issue with Sansa-gate and I liked Arya's ark.

But I digress.

The reason for posting this is that the hype is starting to hit me hard for Season 6.

Pretty sure that's the two of them trying to convince the "Northern Lord" to fight against Bolton.

I think Sand Snakes were a step below Yara and the dogs/Season 2 Jon and Dany, which were the previous low marks of the series, but anyone who had a problem with Arya's arc must have had crazy unrealistic expectations for what they could do there. Arya was probably the single character who came closest to exactly reproducing her book arc in season 5.

But yeah, season 6 hype is really rising. That trailer really hit everything it needed to.

Massa

Honestly the bad dragon CG was the worst part of season 5 for me.

Still loved it anyway, getting hyped for season 6.

Some book readers (many actually) are really hateful people. I mean, relax... If you want the exact same thing as the books stay with the fucking books.

(I love both the show and the books)
I hope it will be a lot more tolerable in the season 6 thread because there is no book to compare scene for scene with this season. It was downright toxic the past two seasons.

NeoGiff

Some book readers (many actually) are really hateful people. I mean, relax... If you want the exact same thing as the books stay with the fucking books.

I just want a good TV show that's internally consistent, that's all.

Puppen

Banned

We don't want the exact same thing as the books, we just want a good show. Season 5 was bad by any metric. Stannis is my all time favorite book character but even looking objectively at how he was handled, it was abominable. Not to mention Sansa, Jaime, etc.

Massa

So, season 5 is obviously the weakest, but what exactly is the problem with Stannis ?

It wasn't out of character to let Shireen be burnt. Actually it was the culmination of his whole arc, it was the act that sealed his fate: he was no Saviour, and already dead inside.

The difficulty of his situation was rushed. They wanted to close his arc last year so they had "20 good men" bring him down when in reality it would take months and months of living under those conditions to truly reach that level of desperation.

Sean C

Greatest tactical mind that lost left and right in prior seasons?
He lost the Blackwater due to extraordinary circumstances, and then trounced the Wildlings. His military record before the series was exemplary, and he's repeatedly referred to by other characters as Westeros' best military commander.

mantidor

Well I think Stannis men were already thinking about ragequit. The Boltons just helped.

That is exactly the problem, we are left to imagine these things, the desperation of Stannis' army is barely clear, the 20 good men aren't even shown, the Bolton army is huge out of nowhere, it felt like the story was put together in a rush, it has nothing to do with how close it is to the books. (I haven't read them actually).

Moff

I'm think that's the scene where Davos says "The dead are coming". So I don't think it's about the Boltons.

it is, because jon and the wildlings are fighting the white walkers.
and the boltons are after jon, well in the books at least.

but MAYBE it would have made more sense to kill the white walkers first instead of killing each other.

Iksenpets

Banned
it is, because jon and the wildlings are fighting the white walkers.
and the boltons are after jon, well in the books at least.

but MAYBE it would have made more sense to kill the white walkers first instead of killing each other.

Yeah, somehow fighting the White Walkers is going to be made to overlap with fighting the Boltons. Maybe they'll play up Ramsay threatening (or maybe actually attacking) the Watch in his attempts to get Sansa back to play that up. Or maybe Ramsay is taking a hard line on letting the Wildlings into the North, and so taking him out is a necessary part of the alliance with them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Reading the actor's comments on the role/show, makes me think that generally, no one on the show cared much for the Stannis storyline and found the quickest way to end it.

The 20 Good Men, oy...

The Burning should have been enough of a reason for the mass desertion. A shocking scene, that maybe makes sense with Show Stannis, not sure if Book Stannis would do it. Though, obviously at some point in the book, Stannis will lose. No way is he actually "Azor Ahai."

NeoGiff

I think I've said this before, but I've soured a lot on Maisie over the years. I loved her performance in the first two seasons.

Now, I know the show isn't exactly as period-accurate as the books, but Maisie acts way too "modern" now. I have a similar problem with Brienne's character in the show. She's written with modern society and movements in mind.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I guess the thing I most want from what is left of GoT, is for one of the "Villains" of the Thrones part, be it Cersei, The Bolton's, or whomever, have a visual realization of the White Walkers. The "oh shit, they're real and I've fucked up" moment.

Really, way too many people either don't even know of the rumors of their return, or just don't believe them. At some point, it's got to become obvious.

I think I've said this before, but I've soured a lot on Maisie over the years. I loved her performance in the first two seasons.

Now, I know the show isn't exactly as period-accurate as the books, but Maisie acts way too "modern" now. I have a similar problem with Brienne's character in the show. She's written with modern society and movements in mind.

Good point. While a funny moment, I feel like her hysterical laughing in the Vale with Sandor in S4 really felt like a "TV show" vs. a moment happening to the two characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom