• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Okay bare with me, I'm writing this on my phone so excuse my spelling errors. I've finally put about 5 hours into the game and my initial impressions have changed drastically from my first hour with the game.

I was bitching about the career mode, truth be told the career mode has been stale for a long time. As I've mentioned I own every Forza game and both Horizon 1 and 2 and rented 3 and played for a good bit, so I'm no stranger to the series. Like I was saying, the career modes have very bland. I remember when PGR4 came out and I feel in love with its career mode because it felt like a true championship series, if I'm not mistaken Forza 3 or 4 attempted the same and it still felt boring.

Now to Forza 7, I'm starting to really like the career. It's certainly not that big of a departure from the other career modes but it feels more like championship racing now. All the races feel more even, not sure how to explain it. But it feels like now you can't have a car so far out of the league of the other cars your racing. It feels like now the races are more tight and interesting. The A.I. still needs work because once you get ahead you can really separate yourself from the pack. Plus the cars still feel too aggressive at certain turns and during the start of the races.

I'm not a huge fan of the tiering of cars and the collecting. Having to have a certain tier before buying a car sounds sort of stupid.

On the actual races, I've always loved the series over its competitors because the cars feel like they have weight and the Collison detection is spot on. Yet this one has me somewhat torn. There are cars that feel amazing, I haven't done endurance races in Forza since the first game and today I did the Seeker Corvette race, it felt so good. Yet there are other cars that just seem unrealistic in the way they handle and drive. It's either you get a good handling car or one that handle a like the Porsche GT that's on the cover. The cars that feel good, feel really good but the cars that don't really suck. Driving the ATV in one of the series was unbearable. Had to redo that series cause the Virginia course was not meant to have those ATV's on them.

Anyhoo, overall, the game does feel for the most part, pretty amazing and it looks Superb. I got a 4k tv earlier in the year, I really want an Xbox One X though, I'm still rocking my Day One Kinect bundle from launch. I really want to see this baby in 4k!!!!!.

I´m actually having a very good time with Forza 7 too, while I understand the lack of freedom, the career mode with consistent cars types, I´m discovering many good cars, for example I really enjoyed the Mazda MX5 series.

I love the option of race length, it makes the races much more enjoyable, I hated 3 laps races full of crashes.

Another factor that I really like is the new economy (with the VIP bonus), Forza used to throw you sooo much money that makes the car collecting something pointless, in Forza 7 I feel that very happy when I get a 500k+ car.
The auction house is a good complement for the economy, now you can get 1M+ cars for around half. Still is not as cool as Forza 4 auction house were it was like a dealership simulator by itself, I used to make millions there, here in other hand is very limited. So I feel it helps but it´s not the best version.

Smax

Guys who upgraded from the original XONE or S to the X can you post your impressions please? I want to upgrade basically only for the Forza games but I want to know how substantial the improvements are before I spend €500.

I've stopped buying full price cars altogether now, all winnings go on the dealership or level up rewards if it's good enough value.

Hopefully the auction house will offer some good deals over time too.

Got the X today, updating Forza 7 now. Assassins Creed Origins nearly made my eyes explode so God only knows how I'm going to deal with Forza at 4k...

First time in three weeks I was right on time for the Specialty Dealer changeover, click the Reventon and my console fully locks up.

Read the user made liveries are now a higher resolution on the X (or whatever you call it) that's great news. Had a big issue with those blurry low res textures before. As awesome as the designs were they stood out badly against T10's own.

Any of you guys got some shots to compare?

ABeezy1388

Wait... you have to modify settings in-game on Froza 7 to take full advantage of the 4K experience?

Or did I not read over the last few posts correctly?

The Stig

Wait... you have to modify settings in-game on Froza 7 to take full advantage of the 4K experience?

Or did I not read over the last few posts correctly?

probably. when I first loaded the game up everything defaulted to medium despite the fact my comp crushes this game. had to ramp everything up to ultra myself.

Did the patch fix the credits sound bug?

Had that ringing constantly yesterday :(

Edit: maybe it did. Tried a couple of races and it didn't happen. Don't test further.

What's your problem, understeer?

I can only guess from my own pad experience, I suck at driving on pads.

Maybe you're just carrying too much speed into a turn?

Tried to update my TX but I only have an XP netbook or a Vista htpc and the new driver/firmware package doesn't seem to want to play with either.

Both PCs have worked in the past, I was wondering, before going to the hassle of hunting down an older package, does anyone know if the older drivers can download and update the latest firmware itself?

LoveCake

Don't forget to check the #Forzathon tab on the main/home page as there is a event on now to win:

'69 Ford Mustang Boss 302 FE
Astronaut Modern Driver Gear
95 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM

There are a number of challenges to do to obtain each item/reward so check the individual tabs to find out, there are some issues with the notification popping up though so be warned, you may have to quit the game and boot up Forza 7 again for it to show up so you can obtain the reward.

JP

I've only just started playing this so I'm going to ask what is probably a really stupid question...don't laugh.

How the hell do I just set up a single player race or time trial type thing? I'm away from the console now but there is an option there called something like Free Play but when I go into that it automatically chooses the tracks for me.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple here but as I said, I am pretty new to it.

I've only just started playing this so I'm going to ask what is probably a really stupid question...don't laugh.

How the hell do I just set up a single player race or time trial type thing? I'm away from the console now but there is an option there called something like Free Play but when I go into that it automatically chooses the tracks for me.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple here but as I said, I am pretty new to it.

Free play defaults to a track on its own, but press RB (I think) and go to Race Setup, then you can set it yourself.

JP

Free play defaults to a track on its own, but press RB (I think) and go to Race Setup, then you can set it yourself.
Thanks, I knew it would be there somewhere but I couldn't find anything. I'll have another look later.

It may seem boring to most other people but one of the things I love doing in driving games is picking car and track and just driving around on my own for ages until I feel I've mastered that combination.

Thanks, I knew it would be there somewhere but I couldn't find anything. I'll have another look later.

It may seem boring to most other people but one of the things I love doing in driving games is picking car and track and just driving around on my own for ages until I feel I've mastered that combination.

Not boring at all, that's basically what Rivals is, racing on your own against a time/ghost for as many laps as you want. Free play with drivatars set to 0 is more configurable though.

eso76

If you force 60fps replays will be 60fps on PC. Been that way since Apex.

More interested to see Xbox one X

Top Bottom