• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

xrnzaaas

Sorry I know I've probably asked this several times but...

I thought you were supposed to get different outfits / gear based on you playing all of the original Forza games - did I imagine that?

I don't mean Forza rewards where you get in game credits.

They should be there in the driver gear menu after you start the game for the first game, but the whole rewards system in Forza is wonky so don't expect it to be super accurate. I got a Forza 4 outfit even though I didn't play it on my current account.

I thought you were supposed to get different outfits / gear based on you playing all of the original Forza games - did I imagine that?

I had the same issue. In the official support forums is a sticky to pm a guy and he’ll help you out. Can take some time, but I got my stuff.

sp3ctr3

Is it possible to see the leaderboards somewhere? The way I do it now is Free Play, choose track and viewing the leaderboard for that track after the race.

real hassle, so there has to be an easier way that I'm missing?

There's some nuance to this. You don't get the old Forza games driver suits just because you've played the old games. You get them based on Driver Reward tier. So I think the Forza 4 suit and older games require Level 7 and above. So when you start the game, those are the rewards you'll get, based on your current tier.

What's annoying is that if you raise your tier AFTER you've played the game, apparently you aren't rewarded with the items for that tier. So even though I jumped from 7 --> 8, I'd already played the game, so I don't get the suit for Forza 4. You should get the rewards for a tier when you obtain that tier.

I put these thought in the target buy 2 get 1 free thread since I got this game as part of that deal.

I've been a Forza guy since the first. I've owned Forza 1-6 and have Forza horizon 1 and 2 and gameflyed Horizon 3. I put about an hour into 7 and I'm like wtf. Still pretty early and the beginning of most racing games are somewhat boring cause you're racing very slow cars, but I don't like the layout of the career mode so far.

What have they done to my Forza. All these car collections and loot crates, it feels like we can't pick a car and stick with it through different tiers. I'm super bummed about it so far. Again, I'm only an hour in but its upsetting. I love Forza but the career mode is off putting, at least so far.

And what happened to restarting!!!!!!! Don't tell me they removed something so simple and crucial. Driving that crappy Porsche in the intro, I turned off the assist and had an accident and wanted to restart. Long behold there's no restart. I had to quit and listen to that intro again!!!!!

My goodness what the fudge Turn 10, it's like in the process of trying to make the most comprehensive Forza game, they forgot the little stuff and decided in return to pepper loot crates all over the place.

I'm so disappointed.

chriskun

I put these thought in the target buy 2 get 1 free thread since I got this game as part of that deal.

I've been a Forza guy since the first. I've owned Forza 1-6 and have Forza horizon 1 and 2 and gameflyed Horizon 3. I put about an hour into 7 and I'm like wtf. Still pretty early and the beginning of most racing games are somewhat boring cause you're racing very slow cars, but I don't like the layout of the career mode so far.

What have they done to my Forza. All these car collections and loot crates, it feels like we can't pick a car and stick with it through different tiers. I'm super bummed about it so far. Again, I'm only an hour in but its upsetting. I love Forza but the career mode is off putting, at least so far.

And what happened to restarting!!!!!!! Don't tell me they removed something so simple and crucial. Driving that crappy Porsche in the intro, I turned off the assist and had an accident and wanted to restart. Long behold there's no restart. I had to quit and listen to that intro again!!!!!

My goodness what the fudge Turn 10, it's like in the process of trying to make the most comprehensive Forza game, they forgot the little stuff and decided in return to pepper loot crates all over the place.

I'm so disappointed.

Im pretty sure you can restart after those first 3 races, which is still annoying. Restarting might be cumbersome though, think you have to quit the race then restart, but there is no llading time if I recall correctly.

I'm so disappointed.
If you just had kept playing past the intro instead of coming here to rant, the problem would have solved itself.

If you just had kept playing past the intro instead of coming here to rant, the problem would have solved itself.

The problem is, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place 🙄. Dont shit on me because I missed a glaring omission on their part. Regardless of the intro, I should be able to restart a race.

I'm still not a fan of the career mode, at least at first glance, it's in your face crates. I love the series but for a first impression, it was a bad first impression.

The problem is, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place 🙄. Dont shit on me because I missed a glaring omission on their part. Regardless of the intro, I should be able to restart a race.

I'm still not a fan of the career mode, at least at first glance, it's in your face crates. I love the series but for a first impression, it was a bad first impression.
Ok.

You can restart races.

The Stig

Has turn 10 sorted out the VIP membership?

Id also like to echo the above poster's thoughts on the career mode. The car collection level stuff is BS as is the loot crates. Im only playing this cos I paid for it and the graphics are nice, but Turn 10 have crossed a line. If F8 is presented in this way I WILL NOT BUY.

edit - just checked their site, they have

What's up with the career mode?

Tbh it's the best one so far, the races are often pretty good. Cars are heavily discounted or free upon levelling up, haven't hit a wall in respect to progression once.

Tbh it's the best one so far, the races are often pretty good. Cars are heavily discounted or free upon levelling up, haven't hit a wall in respect to progression once.

Yeah, I have found the career mode to be one of the best Forza has had. I am still not a huge fan of the homologation stuff but it is isn't that big of a deal to me.

I also have plenty of money and I have bought plenty of loot boxes, none of that has affected my game negatively and I question those who claim it does.

The Stig

its very restrictive in terms of what cars you can use for tourneys. also they make you buy them already homologated. also the restrictions are just stupid.

just restrict it to an overall performance number.......... dont make it minimum sport tires and shit.

every previous forza has had a much more flexible and enjoyable career mode.

Homologation for me works on a purely aesthetic level as petty as that sounds, I like the consistency of the field rather having my Ford Focus overtaken by frigging Fangio. I really do see you guys point though.

xrnzaaas

I don't mind the homologation stuff but some championships in the career mode are simply dreadful. I don't want to race in buggies, Polaris golf carts or extreme 4x4's in an FM game. Meanwhile some cool older sports cars or even modern supercars get only a few championships in the entire game. At least there are open events in the career, but that doesn't solve the problem imo.

Homologation for me works on a purely aesthetic level as petty as that sounds, I like the consistency of the field rather having my Ford Focus overtaken by frigging Fangio. I really do see you guys point though.
It shows its issues especially with cars like the Ferrari 458 Speciale. It is - in its default state - illegal IN ITS OWN CATEGORY. They had to implement restrictors just so this car can be downgraded enough to compete in its own friggin category.

Roger that but it been tried both ways now and you can't please everybody. Things could be refined for F8 no doubt but I wouldn't like to see homologation dropped.

A couple of years ago I spent some time at the Silverstone Classic watching shit not too far removed from what we have now and wishing Forza had a better system for grouping cars of the era and whatnot and now it does...I'm happy :/

The Stig

It shows its issues especially with cars like the Ferrari 458 Speciale. It is - in its default state - illegal IN ITS OWN CATEGORY. They had to implement restrictors just so this car can be downgraded enough to compete in its own friggin category.

yeah i had this happen also. ridiculous

I´m with you in the consistency of the field, I prefer having theme in races and than random cars in a X class, still I think they could add some option for people who like freedom because I feel it kills the customization a bit.

Obviously they can fine tune things and add class races again.

Klocker

Roger that but it been tried both ways now and you can't please everybody. Things could be refined for F8 no doubt but I wouldn't like to see homologation dropped.

A couple of years ago I spent some time at the Silverstone Classic watching shit not too far removed from what we have now and wishing Forza had a better system for grouping cars of the era and whatnot and now it does...I'm happy :/

Completely agree, feel the same way

sp3ctr3

I wish you could sort the leaderboards in Free Play by Class. Yesterday I got the fastest E-Class time on the Nordschleife but in order to figure out what the fastest set time was in the first place I spent about half an hour scrolling through that shit.

Omg, if this fixes the Nordschleife Hood cam shake bug I will cry.

Nope, the slight vibrating is still there.

I think it might be related to an occasional crash on the Nordschleife too, because every now and then it'll crash as soon as I move to cockpit camera.

Gek54

Nope, the slight vibrating is still there.

I think it might be related to an occasional crash on the Nordschleife too, because every now and then it'll crash as soon as I move to cockpit camera.

In haven't had it crash but that shake is killing me.

In haven't had it crash but that shake is killing me.

One thing I'm wondering, I know some people have gotten it confused with the camera motion effects, but does that setting affect the glitch for you?

With the motion effects completely off it's only a tiny twitching that you barely notice when you're moving, but with the effects on I can't even bear cockpit view since it's amplified really badly.

Gek54

One thing I'm wondering, I know some people have gotten it confused with the camera motion effects, but does that setting affect the glitch for you?

With the motion effects completely off it's only a tiny twitching that you barely notice when you're moving, but with the effects on I can't even bear cockpit view since it's amplified really badly.

Turning the camera motion effects on does amplify it. When set to off its still very much apparent and disorientating.

Only happens on this track and kicks in when you get a certain distance from the GP track and then only starts to stabilize when coming down final high speed stretch.

If it was on any other track I would be less concerned but this is my time attack track, as it is for the rest of the automotive industry which is why it's weird Turn10 would let this slide.

LilJoka

This game is the most broken game I have EVER played on PC. You know when people say games on PC dont work and you got to go on forums and find fixes? Well this is THAT game except worse since it's UWP there are no fixes. It's just completely broken.

1) after the last 2 patches, for a day I can't open the game, splash screen then CTD. It just miraculously works the day after.

2) online lobbies - just can't connect to the hoppers. Then it just starts working...

3) memory leak crashes. Finally get into a hopper and after waiting 10 minutes for the race to complete, CTD - because you scrolled through the cars. Upgrading a car? CTD.

4) you can't mute other drivers unless the race is over. What? If you mute all drivers then a new driver joins, guess what, you can hear them. It's especially annoying since I use my pc in a console env (TV and surround sound), so I get shouting coming from my lovely speakers. Why can't we just have a voice volume in audio options??

5) the UI is terrible. Menus after menus, hidden menus part of the same menu that only appear at certain stages of menu progression.
I still haven't found how to get to the leaderboards.

6) alt tab is causing CTD sometimes.

I really want to play this game but I'm wasting so much time in the crashes, it's not worth it.

As for general gameplay feedback, it's good. The only let down is AI. It reminds me of old AI system that sticks to a racing line. Not sure what has happened to AI in forza, it's just completely basic and you can't race the AI at all, they have 0 awareness. Assetto Corsa and all the other sims like rF2 do 100x better job while still being called not great.

Little bit disappointed about the cars in the first car pack. At least some 2017 models and I'm super glad we have the Moby Dick <3

They need to stop with the offroaders and 4x4s though. Horizon, sure - but Motorsport?

There's so many awesome 16/17 supercars and hypercars that they could be including.

The patch improves quite some things, but now I have parts of tracks flickering/disappearing... I never had that before. I know other people had the same problems prior to the patch. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Okay bare with me, I'm writing this on my phone so excuse my spelling errors. I've finally put about 5 hours into the game and my initial impressions have changed drastically from my first hour with the game.

I was bitching about the career mode, truth be told the career mode has been stale for a long time. As I've mentioned I own every Forza game and both Horizon 1 and 2 and rented 3 and played for a good bit, so I'm no stranger to the series. Like I was saying, the career modes have very bland. I remember when PGR4 came out and I feel in love with its career mode because it felt like a true championship series, if I'm not mistaken Forza 3 or 4 attempted the same and it still felt boring.

Now to Forza 7, I'm starting to really like the career. It's certainly not that big of a departure from the other career modes but it feels more like championship racing now. All the races feel more even, not sure how to explain it. But it feels like now you can't have a car so far out of the league of the other cars your racing. It feels like now the races are more tight and interesting. The A.I. still needs work because once you get ahead you can really separate yourself from the pack. Plus the cars still feel too aggressive at certain turns and during the start of the races.

I'm not a huge fan of the tiering of cars and the collecting. Having to have a certain tier before buying a car sounds sort of stupid.

On the actual races, I've always loved the series over its competitors because the cars feel like they have weight and the Collison detection is spot on. Yet this one has me somewhat torn. There are cars that feel amazing, I haven't done endurance races in Forza since the first game and today I did the Seeker Corvette race, it felt so good. Yet there are other cars that just seem unrealistic in the way they handle and drive. It's either you get a good handling car or one that handle a like the Porsche GT that's on the cover. The cars that feel good, feel really good but the cars that don't really suck. Driving the ATV in one of the series was unbearable. Had to redo that series cause the Virginia course was not meant to have those ATV's on them.

Anyhoo, overall, the game does feel for the most part, pretty amazing and it looks Superb. I got a 4k tv earlier in the year, I really want an Xbox One X though, I'm still rocking my Day One Kinect bundle from launch. I really want to see this baby in 4k!!!!!.

Outrun

Yep.

It is a quantum leap above what we are used to.

Every series is unique, and the unlimited series puts the power in your hands.

The Stig

Okay bare with me, I'm writing this on my phone so excuse my spelling errors. I've finally put about 5 hours into the game and my initial impressions have changed drastically from my first hour with the game.

I was bitching about the career mode, truth be told the career mode has been stale for a long time. As I've mentioned I own every Forza game and both Horizon 1 and 2 and rented 3 and played for a good bit, so I'm no stranger to the series. Like I was saying, the career modes have very bland. I remember when PGR4 came out and I feel in love with its career mode because it felt like a true championship series, if I'm not mistaken Forza 3 or 4 attempted the same and it still felt boring.

Now to Forza 7, I'm starting to really like the career. It's certainly not that big of a departure from the other career modes but it feels more like championship racing now. All the races feel more even, not sure how to explain it. But it feels like now you can't have a car so far out of the league of the other cars your racing. It feels like now the races are more tight and interesting. The A.I. still needs work because once you get ahead you can really separate yourself from the pack. Plus the cars still feel too aggressive at certain turns and during the start of the races.

I'm not a huge fan of the tiering of cars and the collecting. Having to have a certain tier before buying a car sounds sort of stupid.

On the actual races, I've always loved the series over its competitors because the cars feel like they have weight and the Collison detection is spot on. Yet this one has me somewhat torn. There are cars that feel amazing, I haven't done endurance races in Forza since the first game and today I did the Seeker Corvette race, it felt so good. Yet there are other cars that just seem unrealistic in the way they handle and drive. It's either you get a good handling car or one that handle a like the Porsche GT that's on the cover. The cars that feel good, feel really good but the cars that don't really suck. Driving the ATV in one of the series was unbearable. Had to redo that series cause the Virginia course was not meant to have those ATV's on them.

Anyhoo, overall, the game does feel for the most part, pretty amazing and it looks Superb. I got a 4k tv earlier in the year, I really want an Xbox One X though, I'm still rocking my Day One Kinect bundle from launch. I really want to see this baby in 4k!!!!!.
how much did turn10 pay you for this post?

dVeLoPe

is this game any good? i got bored of forza horizon 3 after a short time

playing the need for speed payback early access 10 hour trial and LOVE IT

not sure which one to get though as ive always been a die hard forza fan

xrnzaaas

That depends on what you expect. If you're looking for a simarcade with a lot of content then you'll like it. If you just want to have fun behind the wheel you might get bored with it even faster because it tries to be more "professional" and serious than Horizon. Also the AI can sometimes be infuriating instead of providing a good challenge (even if that means well hidden rubberbanding).

how much did turn10 pay you for this post?

Pennies per words, but seriously the game definitely gets better the more you play. The races and series get more intensive which makes the racing more heart throbbing. But like I mentioned before, some cars are hit and miss. I wish they got into a bit more detail with the damaged modeling, feels like it hasn't changed since Forza 3 really.

LoveCake

Which Forza games have you enjoyed before?

Forza 7 is more of a proper racing game on real world circuits, Forza Horizon games are open-world racing games where the emphasis is on fun as opposed to lap times.

Gek54

I just discovered that Thrustmaster released new Firmware a couple of weeks ago. Loaded v51 on my TX and I think Forza 7 feels even better. I took out the 911 GT2 RS in the Prague Rivals and in just a few laps I finally toppled Petran's time. The car now feels razor sharp, I'm in love.

7qMA8Dt.jpg

aIyJeup.png

Now if Turn10 would just fix that damn glitchy camera shake on Nordischleife.

Oooh new firmware. Cheers for the heads up, I thought the TX was pretty much done with when it came to updates. Congrats on beating his time, it's always a good feeling.

Not that it happens often for me.

Top Bottom