• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Hawk269

So, i've got two OT pages open now?
One here and one at Resetera?
Sad to see the split especially as we can't register on the new site :(

I dont intend to leave here, but I also am joining the other site as well. I was able to register, but they are having some tech issues at the time and the system is not sending the confirmation emails out. I had hit the "resend confirmation" button, but sometimes it asks for a code, which I have then gives and error and other times it goes through and says the confirmation has been sent, but still have not received anything.

This has been home for me for over 12 years and I know a lot of people here, so I don't see myself leaving, but I know a lot of folks over there and I can manage being part of both as I don't frequent many sites on the net anyways other than some U2 fan pages, AVS Forum and a few PC related news sites/driver sites.

frontieruk

Greatest little community for the greatest racing game ever.

A damn shame.

Last of the codes for early membership has happened, I imagine the racing discord will be unlocked tomorrow so people wanting an invite will be able to get one.

But as mentioned the details of the league will be made available in the Xbox group.

And I will post the details of the launch here too.

Snubbers

Last of the codes for early membership has happened, I imagine the racing discord will be unlocked tomorrow so people wanting an invite will be able to get one.

But as mentioned the details of the league will be made available in the Xbox group.

And I will post the details of the launch here too.

Thanks for the update.

If anyone does get any invites, please let me know, I'm trying to also follow all my favourite stuff in two places!

buenoblue

Hmmm. I have a G920 as well but have not opened it yet, waiting for my Wheel Pro to come in tomorrow. Outside of the force feedback being weak with F7, how is it otherwise? Is it a good overall wheel? The only other wheel I had was back in the 360 days and had the official Xbox Wheel that I sent to someone to do a mod on that made it better, but that has been my only experience with a wheel. I expect the G920 to be a lot better, but still would love to hear your feedback on it.

Yeah it's ok. Was expecting a bit more to be honest. Had to do the brake thing taking out the rubber stopper as you can't brake properly otherwise. It was a 5 minute job though. Gear shifter is very toy like. Ffb not amazing but that might be the game. Overall though playing with a wheel with clutch and shifter is so engrossing. Makes the game so much better love it.

sp3ctr3

How do I get the Speed number to go up? I'm building a Nizzan 240z for A Class and it has speed 5.4 and acceleration 8.8.

No matter what engine part I upgrade it only affects acceleration? I can get it up to 6.3 if I buy a racing camshaft but that elevates it to s class.

so, how do I build a car for top speed?

danowat

Banned
How do I get the Speed number to go up? I'm building a Nizzan 240z for A Class and it has speed 5.4 and acceleration 8.8.

No matter what engine part I upgrade it only affects acceleration? I can get it up to 6.3 if I buy a racing camshaft but that elevates it to s class.

so, how do I build a car for top speed?

Try changing the gearbox.

Fox Mulder

I'm just not feeling this game. Can't even gather the motivation to finish the campaign and the online is shit as always. Fastest I've fallen off of a Forza.

danowat

Banned
I'm just not feeling this game. Can't even gather the motivation to finish the campaign and the online is shit as always. Fastest I've fallen off of a Forza.

It's a weird game, putting all the loot box and shitty economy stuff aside for one minute, the driving is so mixed I just can't get my head around it.

Some cars are TERRIBLE, I mean really really bad, and I think to myself, WTF is wrong with this game, it's awful.

And then I drive something like the Datsun 280 IMSA, and think, damn, this is actually quite good, and then you've got the dash view, which is great, and the dash boards are some of the best dash boards I've seen outside of Assetto Corsa, and I think, hey, this isn't so bad after all.

But then you combine that with the fact that the weather and ToD is (mostly) completely random and you have no control over it, and the career is still boring, and the game still 'forces' you to finish first in every race makes me feel quite conflicted on it.

Strange strange game.

Memory leak is without a doubt not fixed, just tried it here and it skyrocketed to my cap when trying to paint a couple of cars. Guess I'll wait for the next patch, again.

saladine1

Man, I love the IMSA GT cars!
They are such a joy to drive. They also sound so brutal.
The only problem is that they are a little high pitched compared to their real life counterparts. The IMSA RX-7 for example sounds absolutely sublime. But it sounds more like the 787B to be honest.
Also, I love the cockpit sound effects in the race cars. I really, really wish though, that those effects were carried over to ALL cars especially when weight reduction and full upgrades are installed.

Forza 5 and 6 I thought things were very hit and miss when it came to the driving but I'm totally into 7, so far there hasn't been anything I've really disliked. Even the shit I don't normal care for I'm warming to.

Slowly running out of things to complain about but something stupidly simple that does piss me off is not knowing what gear to be in when using manual+clutch during a rolling start. Am I missing an indicator somewhere?

Went back to FH3. The difference in smoothness is staggering. FH3 feels so much better. And I never came really far anyway. Number 7 needs patching.

TBiddy

I'm getting really annoyed by the long load times on PC. It's installed on an SSD and running on an (old) 2500k. But loading a track takes forever, it feels like. Anyone else having this?

Went back to FH3. The difference in smoothness is staggering. FH3 feels so much better. And I never came really far anyway. Number 7 needs patching.

Forza being on PC still throws me.

T10 had an impeccable record when it came to delivering a consistent and somewhat bug free experience on Xbox. As a console owner you knew exactly what you were getting. Hopefully PC players will be able to buy with the same confidence one day because this must be a huge headache.

TBiddy

I'm getting really annoyed by the long load times on PC. It's installed on an SSD and running on an (old) 2500k. But loading a track takes forever, it feels like. Anyone else having this?

Disabling custom liveries seems to have reduced it somewhat. But now I had my first crash. Ahh well. No more FM7 tonight then.

Just did a race. The 2x credit feels good. Pays for the Premium mod pack every race now.

Slowly catching up too. Only 3 cars left in my waiting area so I'll be back to picking them up on level up soon!

Hawk269

Have a feeling all the Xbox version got was the 2x VIP credit going by that?

I love Turn 10, but their support after a game is released is really shitty. There are AI issues, no AI cars if you create your own MP room and a host of other little things. The AI issues are so frustrating. I did a 50 lap race on a oval and had it on the highest difficulty and there was one lone fucker that was so far ahead it was outrageous. I set the game to have 3 mandatory pit stops, the 1st place car was so damn fast that he pitted 4 times instead of 3 and still beat me by a wide margin. I then did another race on the 2nd to the highest difficulty and I was lapping AI cars after 5 laps on the oval and beat the 2nd place car by about 2 minutes. It is just a joke what the AI is in this game at times.

Man, I love the IMSA GT cars!
They are such a joy to drive. They also sound so brutal.
The only problem is that they are a little high pitched compared to their real life counterparts. The IMSA RX-7 for example sounds absolutely sublime. But it sounds more like the 787B to be honest.
Also, I love the cockpit sound effects in the race cars. I really, really wish though, that those effects were carried over to ALL cars especially when weight reduction and full upgrades are installed.

The old GT cars are amazing too. Those two 1982 Ferraris handle absolutely amazingly for their age. Being NA V12s (at least judging by the sound) they accelerate really smoothly too, no sudden turbo kick like some GT/LMPs.

Actually I´m having a very good time with Forza 7, one of my complains about Forza was that they throw you too much money and that kind of killed fun of the car owning. This new economy along with the limited dealer are making me play more, especially endurance races in the free mode, I feel that this mode is the heart of Forza were you can customize it at your will.

At first I hated the AI, still is very bad compared with other games but when you make races longer (being able to make longer races in the career mode is a life saver) fix it because you can be patient and theres more space between the cars so I enjoy planing my attack and pass.

What's up, gents?

This is the first Forza since 4 that I didn't buy day one. I've been travelling for work a lot and mostly playing indies on a laptop.

Will probably go ahead and buy it when my X gets here. OG Xbox One blowed up. :(

I have a 1070 too, but FH3 experience made me a bit gunshy. How is PC performance?

frontieruk

What's up, gents?

This is the first Forza since 4 that I didn't buy day one. I've been travelling for work a lot and mostly playing indies on a laptop.

Will probably go ahead and buy it when my X gets here. OG Xbox One blowed up. :(

I have a 1070 too, but FH3 experience made me a bit gunshy. How is PC performance?

As with the launch of FH3 ymmv

xrnzaaas

After the last patch I had the game freeze for about 3 seconds and then resume racing (playing on OG XONE). Happened in Prague, don't know if it's related or just unlucky.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Sorry I know I've probably asked this several times but...

I thought you were supposed to get different outfits / gear based on you playing all of the original Forza games - did I imagine that?

I don't mean Forza rewards where you get in game credits.

Top Bottom