• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF, recommend me some candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDdYoNe

Hello, GAF. I was thinking how to start this topic, but let's make it simpe: russian guy loves candy. We don't have a lot of tastes out here. For example, the biggest thing right now is white chocolate Twix. No peanut butter Snickers, only two variants of M&Ms (chocolate and peanut), standart Mars' and KitKats. I was really surprised to see Wispa one day at store, but it's a rare one. Recently Reeses became available on the marked. I love them. And i've tried some stuff before - i really love coconut KitKat. Honestly, i love everything with coconut in there.

Thing is, my friend comes to Russia this May. He's a nice dude and asked me if i wanted something from US to bring here. Of course i want sweets. That damn 2 kilo Jelly Bean jar! Chocolate bars, jelly, gum... everything that comes to mind. But there's nothing really comes since i've tried only a few imported sweets. So i'm asking you to help me and name some of your favorite sweets.

Oh, i've been talking about choclate bars mostly, but it doesn't have to be it. You can just name every candy you have in mind.

TD;LR: Friend from Chicago comes to Russia, which sweets/candy should I ask him to bring?

Hersheys-Cookies-n-Creme-Wrapper-Small.jpg

The Llama

In before EUGAF hates on US candy.

Seriously though, my favorite candy bar here is the Three Musketeers bar. i think something similar is available in Europe, not sure about Russia?

Do you guys have the Hershey's Cookies & Cream bar? Normally I stick to dark chocolate, but this thing is on a whole 'nother level, as far as low-cost candy goes.

EDIT: Beaten, huh, lol.

How about chocolate covered pretzels?

KiDdYoNe

Do you guys have the Hershey's Cookies & Cream bar? Normally I stick to dark chocolate, but this thing is on a whole 'nother level, as far as low-cost candy goes.

EDIT: Beaten, huh, lol.

How about chocolate covered pretzels?

Yeah, we have Hershey's Cookies & Cream thing. It's been my favorite since my godfather gifted me boxes of this when i was a kid.

Also, OP, do you guys have Junior Mints? If not, ask him to bring along some of those.

Nope. Never heard of it.

glow

Banned
Sour gummi worms (tell your Chicago friend to get them from Cermak Fresh Market)

Skittles

Sugar overload tastebud orgasms

I'm really sad we didn't have the candy swap last fall. I always had a blast sending over tons of different US candies to some gaffer across the globe.

GamerJM

Banned
hKBa3E9.jpg

i would be obese if not for my self control

These are good, but freshmen year of college I bought like multiple boxes of them with my meal points and ate all of it. I still like them but I always feel like that was enough for a lifetime.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I ate gobstoppers or jaw breakers the Willie Wanka kind all the time when I was young. I couldn't watch a movie without them.

Now it's nicotine gum and a diet Pepsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom