• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF, recommend me some candy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDdYoNe

Junior-Mints-Box-Small.jpg

My favorite candy.

Yeah, i've googled that. Looks cool, i think i'll get them :)

Reese's Crispy Crunchy bars are the holy grail of candy here

2253491764_da5802e599.jpg

We don't have this one here...

What's up with Milky Way? We have it, but in blue packaging. I think it's the same.

You mentioned jelly beans. I'm not sure what brand you've tried, but Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are the only ones I've ever liked. I would consider Jelly Bellies to be the best American candy.

andycapps

I feel your pain, I've had some Russian candy and it's really bad. For me, it's Reeses cups or the Reeses peanut butter eggs at Easter. Or the Christmas tree ones. Other than that, most of what I eat is dark chocolate so I'm not sure if you'd like recommendations on that.

momo no oji

Neo Member
I am a sucker for anything caramel flavored and I'm really into the Werther's caramel candy the one with the hard outer shell and a soft chewy caramel center. Hershey's nuggets are good as well. the m&m's pretzel are good as well. There's so many to choose from here and I think everyone gave great candy flavors and brands.

unsightly

brachs-bunny-basket-marshmallow-easter-eggs-125236-bag.jpg

Brach's Bunny Basket Marshmallow Eggs. Individually wrapped, god-tier candy.

circuspnt20516.jpg

Circus Peanuts...any of them

2f9c01fb-964d-479f-83ed-331668354bf5.jpg

Abba friggin Zabba.

50516_34581636712_8072104_n.jpg

Charleston Chew.. I like the minis, but they inevitably melt together because everything is terrible. I don't know how someone could eat a regular sized one, though.

276717_16424074238_1397554170_n.jpg

Mike & Ike: any flavor. They're all great. I usually get the berry assortment.

cc9ea73a-6502-45be-b062-c2fa5fb983a2.jpg

One of my favorites when I was a kid. These days I can't really handle them, they're funky tasting to me now for some reason.

89fe0113-21b0-4561-8064-beba75759165.jpg

yesssssss

85a1dbc0-69e2-4f52-8b71-3681f4e28c8f.jpg

Spree are the... whatever their filling is.. version of Tootsie Rolls.

warheads__58653.1410152351.500.350.jpg

'nuff said

man I could go on but this is getting absurd. What's really sad is that American candy game isn't even on point when you compare it to Japan. My SO is all about Japan candy, shit's wild in comparison.

Wonka stuff: Spree, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Randoms gummies, Nerds.

Also ask your friend to bring you about ten pounds worth of M&Ms. Chocolate M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, crispy M&Ms, mint M&Ms, pretzel M&Ms...

Wonka stuff: Spree, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Randoms gummies, Nerds.

Also ask your friend to bring you about ten pounds worth of M&Ms. Chocolate M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, crispy M&Ms, mint M&Ms, pretzel M&Ms...

Your M&M list conspicuously lacks the best M&Ms, peanut butter.

I haven't had much of a sweet tooth for candy for a very long time, but this thread...

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
cb0c5b4497deb75e403fe00c276abc74fac44a9b_list

This is my favorite Reese's candy, but it's not their most popular, so I can't imagine it being available in many other countries.

Jolly-Ranchers.jpg

Good candy, unique flavor.

Skittles-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Ubiquitous in the US, and tasty.

The following is the one thing that I don't recommend, I don't suggest, but that I state must be tried:
41PYCpMCFGL.jpg

Macadamia Nut Clusters from Costco. They are amazing.

2AdhuYd.jpg

The only sweets I import.
I've never had this, but it looks good.

zVoTAl4.jpg

Crispity, crunchity, peanut buttery.
DO NOT SKIP BUTTERFINGERS!

Goetze's caramel creams are really damn good.
Goetze-candy.jpg
I second this, Cow Tails are also very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom