• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

What the hell at Niculescu's forehand lol...havent seen her much,is it always been like that and why are they letting her do this,awful.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Zverev lost to Evans? ��
The future of Tennis lost to the already past of Tennis?

Evans could have been something incredible if he wasn't an arsehole who put absolutely no effort towards his career. He's like Tomic but even more.

Ricker

Is this the first you see Nicu playing? That's her signature shot.

Havent sure her much no...it just seem like extra work on her wrist for a shot with hardly no velocity that most player are not bothered with the effect after seeing it a few times...

Witthoeft is making a come back against Vinci...she also looks like a young Sharapova,especially her side.

oti

Banned
Havent sure her much no...it just seem like extra work on her wrist for a shot with hardly no velocity that most player are not bothered with the effect after seeing it a few times...

Witthoeft is making a come back against Vinci...she also looks like a young Sharapova,especially her side.

I'm just wondering at what age Niculescu went "ok, that's ok, not having a top spin forehand is ok".

Man, Witthoeft shows a lot of potential.

oti

Banned
Go Osaka! You're basically playing the same way as Keys but you're hitting the ball harder so I'm rooting for you.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wasn't she up like 40-0 or something at 4-4 in the second? Seems like things fell apart from that point

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Baggy about to be bagelled by Harrison.

yikes

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so basically tsonga is the only chance djokovic will have a real match before the semi. smh, tennis on life support again.

MIMIC

Banned
Keys dominating the breaker.

The games from 1-5 was just Osaka falling apart, but Keys has taken complete control of the breaker

Ricker

Wow,I would of bet the farm on Keys losing this match,what a comeback.

Osaka will be up there soon enough though...

MIMIC

Banned
I beat a friend in a set like that once. He had never played well enough to take a set off of me, and this day was playing great and went up 5-1.

Had a complete meltdown and I won 7-5, lol

Can we REALLY talk about Madison Keys legendary comeback!!!

Osaka choked so hard, I feel BAD! 😭 😭 Tough loss for the girl.. When she started crying.. I was just hurt. She let her entire nerves get to her.. Madison completely destroyed her.

Can we REALLY talk about Madison Keys legendary comeback!!!

Osaka choked so hard, I feel BAD! 😭 😭 Tough loss for the girl.. When she started crying.. I was just hurt. She let her entire nerves get to her.. Madison completely destroyed her.

Osaka is just 18 though. It is so hard for a teenage girl to reel in her emotions during a collapse like that. Makes it more impressive to see a teen go far into a slam these days.

LuuKyK

Keys is such an awful player. Epitome of a brainless ball basher. Osaka managed to outkeys Keys though in that choke in the third set. lmao What a terrible match.

MIMIC

Banned
Very sad for Youzhny. He needs to just retire. His game has been overrun with way to many injures to make him viable on tour these days.

NYC and Long Island are under a tropical storm watch for Tuesday. Hope the Ashe roof can handle the rain and high winds

153527W5_NL_sm.gif

Evans could have been something incredible if he wasn't an arsehole who put absolutely no effort towards his career. He's like Tomic but even more.

Evans and Kyrgios are playing doubles. Fitting!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Evans and Kyrgios are playing doubles. Fitting!

At least Kyrgios actually keeps in shape. I remember seeing Evans swagger into a match clearly overweight and having just extinguished a cigarette he'd been smoking on the intro. Man gives absolutely no fucks, and word is he doesn't even practice often. Despite that he has a number of top ten wins including taking Kei out of the US Open plus Davis Cup histrionics. I mean, I literally don't understand how you could know you could probably make at least a few hundred thousand off your career if not more but decide to just piss it all away.

At least Kyrgios actually keeps in shape. I remember seeing Evans swagger into a match clearly overweight and having just extinguished a cigarette he'd been smoking on the intro. Man gives absolutely no fucks, and word is he doesn't even practice often. Despite that he has a number of top ten wins including taking Kei out of the US Open plus Davis Cup histrionics. I mean, I literally don't understand how you could know you could probably make at least a few hundred thousand off your career if not more but decide to just piss it all away.

lmao what a badass. he's the john daly of tennis.

Osaka's choke was tough to watch. I suppose in a way it's better than it happens to her when she's 18, but that was ugly. Keys did well to stay in and go for the kill though. Has Wozniacki next.

Konta completely demolished Bencic. Her serve was untouchable while her ground game simply overpowered the Swiss. Sevastova next - maybe 2nd Slam QF of the year for Jo. Would play Keys or Wozniacki there.

You'd think Murray's draw of Rosol - Granollers - Lorenzi would be the easiest road to the second week in any Slam of the year. But Djokovic one upped him again.

Best win of Sock's career against Cilic? Probably. But Tsonga looked in strong form today against Anderson, doubt he makes QF.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Edmund's backhand is completely transformed. I mean, it's not hitting winners or anything but it has been absolutely and completely dependable when it used to be the key to beating to him. He's due for a serious rise up the rankings if he can keep it up, should be eyeing trying to get a seed for next Wimbledon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom